Author Topic: Sixers @ Clips - NYE  (Read 4066 times)

jemagee

Re: Sixers @ Clips - NYE
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 12:53:08 AM »
As for going small, it was painful to see Speights only get 7 min

And theo got how many?

As for the boxscore, Iguodala had the quietest 28/7/7 I have ever seen.  He really can fill the boxscore without dominating the ball- esp when the team gets out on the break.

Not a number 1- never has been - never will be - but a 20-5-5 guy isn't out of the question

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 12:58:07 AM »
Any chance Speights has to play D to earn his minutes?  If that is the approach they are taking I am OK with it, if it is for any other reason I am not happy.  Ratliff played about as many minutes as Sam, Speights and Reggie combined, a message to all of them perhaps.

I missed the game playing host to the neighbors, but I don't get the feeling I missed much other than Thad getting his scoring touch back a little.  Happy New Year everyone.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2009, 09:36:33 AM »
Almost all of Thad's shots were taken inside.  Either put backs, dunks or hooks.  He was aggressive and they ran more plays than usual for him, including a post up down the stretch.  Both teams went small all game with Thornton and Thad playing PF most of the time.

Theo played well- better than Sam or Speights would at center.  I guess DiLeo does not see Speights as being able to play center right now (esp when Thad is at PF) so there were not many minutes available with Thad playing PF all night.  I'm also fine with limited min for a few games to get him focused on defense, but not if it is only about trying to get wins against lesser teams.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2009, 10:36:56 AM »
DiLeo can get away with that lineup against the Clippers, but the Sixers aren't going to challenge for the playoffs relying on Theo Ratliff at Center.

In the first place, with all the injuries the Clippers had, they were without a center, which is why the Sixers were able to play Thad at the 4 spot, and Theo at the 5.

But why would you limit your team's height to accomodate the other team?  They should have played Speights and allowed him to gain some confidence by dominating against lesser players?  The only one with any height for the Clips, Al Thornton, had a field day scoring at will against the Sixers defense.

Iguodala may not be a primary scorer in the NBA, but if he keeps drawing defenders like he did last night he will.  He was breaking down his man off the dribble, doing spin moves, either getting an easy basket, drawing a foul or both. Without him the Sixers don't win any of their games.