Author Topic: Around the NBA  (Read 5167 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Around the NBA
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
You mean Morrow is not the next Ellis?  Makes you wonder how things will be when Ellis returns?

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »
You mean Morrow is not the next Ellis?  Makes you wonder how things will be when Ellis returns?

I believe Jamal Crawford is now considered the starting PG, although Morrow is getting time off the bench.

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 11:19:50 AM »
Is it possible that Jamal Crawford makes Willie Green look efficient?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 01:16:08 PM »
Is it possible that Jamal Crawford makes Willie Green look efficient?

Crawford might not be efficient, bet me know the next time Green drops 50 on anybody.  Those guys should not be mentioned in thesame breath.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 01:18:20 PM »
And Jamal Crawford achieved some sort of '50 point' achievement that put him in the same breath as people he shouldn't be mentioned with.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 01:52:46 PM »
Agree.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 01:56:08 PM »
Can we say that Jamal Crawford is some sort of 'super sized' over paid Willie Green but still has the same basic tendency of shooting too much - inefficientliy - and not doing much else?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 02:04:33 PM »
A better disciplined Crawford could be a good ballplayer.  Unfortunately, playing for the Warriors brings out the best and worst in his game.  I think with his talent, he could be reigned inb under the right coach.

Willie Green is victim of too many minutes and too little talent... and poor shot selection.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »
Things go from bad to worse, and even enter bizarro world with a Steve Urkel reference:

Hoops legend Charles Barkley was busted for suspected drunken driving Wednesday - and made things worse by admitting he was rushing to pick up a woman for a sex act. "I was going to drive around the corner and get [oral sex]," the basketball Hall of Famer told police in Scottsdale, Ariz., a police report said. New York Daily News

He said the woman had performed the sex act for him last week and "it was the best one he had ever had," the report said. Barkley, 45, was pulled over around 1:30 a.m. A cop saw him blow through a red light, then pull over to pick up the woman, who wasn't charged. "I am disappointed that I put myself in that situation," Barkley said. The burly retired superstar was seen partying at a club with ex-Giants star Michael Strahan and Jaleel White, who played the nerdy Steve Urkel on the sitcom "Family Matters." New York Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/12/31/2008-12-31_charles_barkley_admitted_he_was_looking_.html

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 01:06:08 PM »
Well, if it was the best one he ever had, maybe they can at least forgive him "blowing" through the red light.   ::)

See kids, drinking to excess makes you stupid, very stupid.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2009, 10:00:48 PM »
Boston lost to.... Charlotte?