Author Topic: Rick Fox somewhat throws Bynum under the bus, talks issues with young star  (Read 3732 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rick Fox somewhat throws Bynum under the bus, talks issues with young star
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 02:22:18 PM »
Whoopi?

Good call. Word is Danson went instantly gray when he discovered "it." One of those pure terror transformations.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 03:30:48 PM »
Whoopi?

Good call. Word is Danson went instantly gray when he discovered "it." One of those pure terror transformations.

I thought he went black face?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 08:37:19 PM »

Nice thread.  Interesting discussion.

Come on guys you have to admit this was an apropos and very funny addition to this thread.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »

Nice thread.  Interesting discussion.

Come on guys you have to admit this was an apropos and very funny addition to this thread.

Not really funny at all to be honest.  We see this crap every day.  It was funnier earlier in the year when he first learned how to post pictures and it's really got old fast.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »
I laughed.  :-\
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
I laughed.  :-\

Don't need to make that face Skandery, we all laugh at retard humor every now and then.  Family Guy is still a very popular show.

Now can we get back to getting other people's opinions on how the Lakers might approach it?  What would you do it if was one of the stars on your team?  The coaches can't get through to him at the moment and the Lakers defense is suffering partially because of his lack of focus.  Remember he was the one who said in the off season that from the bench against the Celtics it made him sick to his stomach because the Lakers interior defense was not strong.  Yet the defense looks similar to how it did last year when the same things were happening.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 04:33:36 PM »
I'd remember that even though he's got all that money he's still only 21 years old and still a punk ass kid and call his momma - seriously - like in that whoopi goldberg movie eddie - when stacy patton wouldn't behave.

Yeah, I seen it, often, i think it's hysterical

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 05:50:08 PM »
Maybe Bynum should be sat down with an NBA history book.  He might then realize that there was a player called "A-Train" that would have embarrassed the youngster on the court.

Tell me about it.  I used to wear the number 53 in my HS b-ball days.

And the fact that the "A-Train" still hasn't stopped at Springfield, Mass.  is just all that much more embarrassing.  What a joke.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 01:46:18 PM »
Now can we get back to getting other people's opinions on how the Lakers might approach it?  What would you do it if was one of the stars on your team?  The coaches can't get through to him at the moment and the Lakers defense is suffering partially because of his lack of focus.

Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, to be honest about it wk.  He's what 21, a kid.  Compound immaturity, along with hubris he evolved when people were ready to anoint him the next great Laker big man after he showed some improvement for a half a year.  Now add the self-entitlement that comes with the millions and playing for La-La Land and a monster has been created.  He'll eventually learn these antics won't get him very far especially if Phil is liberal with using minutes as a form of punishment and he'll get past this phase.  Doesn't seem like the type who'll self-destruct (ala Miles or Marbury).
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »
Maybe Bynum should be sat down with an NBA history book.  He might then realize that there was a player called "A-Train" that would have embarrassed the youngster on the court.

And the fact that the "A-Train" still hasn't stopped at Springfield, Mass.  is just all that much more embarrassing.  What a joke.

I am going to call you out Mr. Vancil.  You are the one who says the HoF should be reserved for the very best of the very best.  In your mind Malone and Stockton are not HoF caliber, I remember you posting as such.  Now you are running the "Artis Gilmore for the Hall of Fame" committee.  What gives "the Curmudgeon of Columbia Mo"?
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
They aren't looking good on ESPN so far...

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 10:54:50 AM »

I am going to call you out Mr. Vancil.  You are the one who says the HoF should be reserved for the very best of the very best.  In your mind Malone and Stockton are not HoF caliber, I remember you posting as such.  Now you are running the "Artis Gilmore for the Hall of Fame" committee.  What gives "the Curmudgeon of Columbia Mo"?

ziggy,

Artis Gilmore belongs in the *BASKETBALL* Hall Of Fame - whether my version or the current version - because of his dominance in the ABA.  In winning the ABA championship with the Kentucky Colonels (coached by Hubie Brown!  I never knew until today that Hubie had actually won something big), he brought home the championship that neither Stockton nor Malone ever did.  Gilmore led the ABA in rebounding EVERY YEAR HE PLAYED, second overall in rebounding in ABA history.  ABA MVP and Rookie of the Year in his rookie year.  ABA All-Star Game MVP 1974.  ABA Playoffs MVP 1975.  All 5 years he played in the ABA, he was First Team All-ABA.  All-Defensive First Team 4 of the 5 years.  #1 in NBA, ABA, and combined Career Field Goal %.  (Shaq is close to passing him for combined FG%).
#1 in Career ABA Blocked Shots.  Those are some mighty fine numbers. 

And one correction:  Stockton *DOES* belong in the Hall, only because of leading the NBA in career assists *AND* steals.  Leading 2 major categories all-time is so major of an accomplishment that makes the lack of a championship more palatable.

And I've started to consider another element in debating Stockton, Malone, and Barkley - their Olympic titles.

Tell me how folks like Adrian Dantley are getting more support for the current version of the Hall of Fame than Gilmore is getting.  That seems so undeniably backward to me.

And I just checked out a site in putting together some of these facts.  Currently, they list Stockton at 81% chance for the Hall Of Fame - currently # 75 on the list.  Listen to the some of the names they have listed HIGHER and try to explain them:

Grant Hill - 73 - 83%
Ray Allen - 69 - 87%
Alonzo Mourning - 68 - 88.5%
Vince Carter - 64 - 90.84%
Paul Pierce - 63 - 91.03%
Chris Webber - 62 - 91.28%
TRACY MCGRADY - 51 - 97.99%
Gary Payton - 50 - 98.08%
Jason Kidd - 48 - 98.62%
Steve Nash - 41 - 99.70%
Dirk Nowitzki - 39 - 99.73%
LeBron James - 33 - 99.87%

Here are the "locks" for the Hall of Fame that aren't yet in it:

1.  Michael Jordan
7.  Shaquille O'Neal
8.  Tim Duncan
9.  Karl Malone
13.  Kobe Bryant
16.  David Robinson
18.  Kevin Garnett
22.  Allen Iverson

Top guy outside who isn't yet in the Hall - Scottie Pippen, 29 at 99.94%.

Tell me how in the world Tracy McGracy and Vince Carter are AHEAD of John Stockton for the Basketball Hall Of Fame.

And big Artis?  # 147 - 9.68%.  MARK PRICE is ahead of him.  Amare Stoudemire is ahead of him.  Elton Brand is ahead of him.  (At least you can say Brand won a title at the college level.)  STEVE FRANCIS is ahead of him.  STEPHON MARBURY is ahead of him.  GILBERT ARENAS is ahead of him.  (By the way, we're working UP the list on these.) 

And here are a couple of really ridiculous ones.  Bobby Jones - #294 - 0.4%.  Yet Mookie Blaylock is at 224, 1.75%.

Michael Cooper - 212, 2.15%  (More titles than Jones, I guess.)
Robert Horry - 200, 2.6%. 
MICHAEL ADAMS - 199, 2.66%
Paul Silas - 191, 3.35% (titles with Boston and Seattle)
Layfayette Lever - 187,3.57%
Shawn Kemp - 183, 3.75%
Manu Ginobilli - 169, 5.4%  (I guess Olympic titles and NBA championships don't mean much.)
Jermaine O'Neal 168, 5.56%
LATRELL SPREWELL, 157 - 7.7% (What bumps him up this high?  Infamy?  Idiocy of quotes?)
Baron Davis, 151 - 9.19%.

The more I look at this list, the more I've just got to include the link.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob_career.html

Bottom line - if Calvin Murphy and Adrian Dantley belong in the Hall of Fame - and they're in it - Gilmore certainly does.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!