Author Topic: Garnett talks too much trash?  (Read 3400 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Garnett talks too much trash?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2008, 12:29:43 PM »
Or maybe since the sports leagues are so influential on younger kids they take that seriously and want to try and promote sportsmanship as much as possible?

If only the media spent half as much time pointing out quality things players do both on (sportsmanship) and off the court (volunteering) as they do touting club brawls....

LOL! The world just eats up "feel good" stories dont' we?  ::)

Exactly my point, we don't.  Which is why I don't know if seriously trying to promote sportsmanship in the league by telling KG to cool it is going to do anything. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2008, 12:33:09 PM »
Sure, we'll get them on the christmas day ABC broadcast, it's the 'season' for such things...the NBA trys to promote it - but face it - we are a car crash voyeuristic society...

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
Let's further examine the Rick Rickert incident shall we?  For those who don't know who Rick Rickert is (and if you do, GET A FREAKIN' LIFE!) he's a skinny white dude from from northern MN who played two years at the U of MN before foolishly declaring for the draft.  McHale drafted him late in the 2nd, largely out of pity for a local.  He's now playing overseas somewhere. 

Anyhooo, the point being he was a scrawny, meek guy who managed to make a couple plays in a Wolves practice against KG.

So KG sucker punched him.  Didn't talk trash and then shut him down on D, didn't throw an elbow to let him know what's what.  Straight up sucker punched him.   

I've seen KG honestly exuberant and talking trash in a strong but not out of hand style.  Unfortunatley he also has moment's like the above where he's just bush league.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
That's the story - couldn't remember the name - remembered the incident - and at that point lost all respect for Kevin Garnett

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2008, 01:55:55 PM »
Let's further examine the Rick Rickert incident shall we?  For those who don't know who Rick Rickert is (and if you do, GET A FREAKIN' LIFE!) he's a skinny white dude from from northern MN who played two years at the U of MN before foolishly declaring for the draft.  McHale drafted him late in the 2nd, largely out of pity for a local.  He's now playing overseas somewhere. 

Anyhooo, the point being he was a scrawny, meek guy who managed to make a couple plays in a Wolves practice against KG.

So KG sucker punched him.  Didn't talk trash and then shut him down on D, didn't throw an elbow to let him know what's what.  Straight up sucker punched him.   

I've seen KG honestly exuberant and talking trash in a strong but not out of hand style.  Unfortunatley he also has moment's like the above where he's just bush league.

Wow, never heard that one before.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"