Author Topic: No Mo  (Read 9302 times)

jemagee

Re: No Mo
« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2008, 07:09:14 PM »
The team needs to be able to score in the half-court and turn what was a weakness into a strength.

You know what else they need to do - recognize their weaknesses and do the best with the talent ehy have.

Do you think just because you WANT them to improve in the half court game they will - they do not have the assets

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
I'm sure they want to eventually develop their half court.  But the fact is they have to start beating average teams before they can even start mentioning the like of the Celtics or Cavs.  They will need to find ways to score without being reliant on the halfcourt to win enough games to make the playoffs.

Honestly, I don't see this team being more effective in a true slow down game until Thad, Lou and Speights develop more and they acquire a better shooter at PG.  Those things might take years to happen, not weeks, and this team has to turn things around quickly to make the playoffs, so I think its right to try and maximize their strengths with running and an early offense.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2008, 07:40:18 PM »
I did not take it as saying that they had to run constantly to score, but that even in a half-court setting they want to play up-tempo.  Run when they can, and when they can't they are to hustle down and play an early offense post-game with more passing from side to side to spread the floor better.  They simply are not built yet to play a slooooow down type of half-court game against good teams and expect to have success.  The real big difference maker will be in how he gets the team to execute the plan.