Author Topic: broadband for wireless laptop  (Read 5828 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: broadband for wireless laptop
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 10:56:43 AM »
Connectivity without having broadband is what i wondered was available coveragwise.

It is, but as you stated its very limited (wifi).

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 11:01:45 AM »
Connectivity without having broadband is what i wondered was available coveragwise.

It is, but as you stated its very limited (wifi).

I am not quite sure he understands you guys.....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
WoW is making total sense.

westkoast has not clarifyed.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 11:19:47 AM »

What it sounds like to me is you are trying to use Wifi to get FREE access at places that offer free Wifi and you are NOT using your Verizon BROADBAND connection. 
[/b]
correct.
Apparantly a very few select cities are in the process of making wifi free citywide.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 11:26:11 AM »

What it sounds like to me is you are trying to use Wifi to get FREE access at places that offer free Wifi and you are NOT using your Verizon BROADBAND connection. 
[/b]
correct.
Apparantly a very few select cities are in the process of making wifi free citywide.

I am surprised that SD would not have free city wide Wifi.  we have had our up and running all over downtown for a while.  I don't know if they will expand it any further but it is nice to be in range of access while out and about.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 11:27:51 AM »

[/b]
correct.

So did you sign up for verizon broadband?  I thought you did get it but were still trying to use wifi instead of the verizion card/usb...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »
I am surprised that SD would not have free city wide Wifi.  we have had our up and running all over downtown for a while.  I don't know if they will expand it any further but it is nice to be in range of access while out and about.

It's a lot different getting a large city like SD or LA on to Wifi vs a place like SA where one single Linksys wireless router from Best Buy will do the trick for the whole town.......
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »
Educate yourself.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 12:43:45 PM »

It's a lot different getting a large city like SD or LA on to Wifi vs a place like SA where one single Linksys wireless router from Best Buy will do the trick for the whole town.......

LOL...that was low.   but strangely enough, I cannot dispute that... ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 12:48:36 PM »
LOL...that was low.   but strangely enough, I cannot dispute that... ;)

Mira.........

My kid got COD WaW and Gears of War II for his B-Day.  I was busy cooking and stuff and did not see him and his friends fire up the game...when I did I was like "daaaaaaayyyyyyyuuuuuummmmmm".....GoW II is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY too bloody and gorey for pre-teens...but I was too late they had already played it for over an hour....COD WaW is probably just as bad but they were done with that one already.....I can't wait to get a chance to play those games but with B-Ball season in full swing I can't find the time to play games other than FNBA.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 12:55:09 PM »
Well both games are rated 'M' for Mature, so it's not surprising they'd be unsuitable for Pre-Teens

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
Well both games are rated 'M' for Mature, so it's not surprising they'd be unsuitable for Pre-Teens

So is Halo 3 but it's not too bad, with the exception of the plague dudes......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 01:02:15 PM »

I don't have kids - I'm just saying that even though I find the ratings stupid I figure they exist for a reason :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »

I don't have kids - I'm just saying that even though I find the ratings stupid I figure they exist for a reason :)

The exist so some cluess flog can have a job.......they typically just rate everything M.  There is a huge difference between Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto, a game I would not allow in my house...until I get rid of my kids that is.... :)  So I don't get what they are thinking when they rate games.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 01:18:13 PM »
Same thing they are thinking when they rate movies?  Violence is more tolerant than sex?

White people violence on minorities is ore tolerant than the other way around?