Author Topic: Mavs @ SUns  (Read 8977 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mavs @ SUns
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 01:19:20 PM »
Okay Laker nosers..real Laker fans just keep reading on...

Go back and examine how the Lakers were able to draft James Worthy.  Talk about gifts.

"draft" is correct.  I thought it was about "buying"?  Just let me know what you want to CHANGE to discussion to so I can keep up.
Are you finished skirting, ready for a wardrobe CHANGE?

Kream for Dave Myers
Mychelle Thompson for
Kome for Vlade
Gasol for Kwame

"Warehouse"
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Gn17bkL2mU

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2008, 01:49:01 PM »
Reality, here is my response.  I cant come out right now on the Lakers shady acquisitions.

::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2008, 02:02:18 PM »
There is no point in discussing SERIOUS basketball with me!  I have shown time after time that I am not interested in anything other than wasting board space.

I totally agree!

HENCE:
::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2008, 02:07:21 PM »
owned.
Realowned.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »
Exactly.  The only time the Lakers are mentioned along with big names is when the Lakers are being used as leverage.  I would love for Lurker to list all the "big names" that signed with the Lakers.  The only ones I can think of are Shaq, Malone, Payton and Gasol.  Only Shaq and Gasol were in their primes and commanding large salaries.  The Lakers just happen to be one of the best teams in the league for drafting and developing talent through the draft.  The "big market" and "big spending" argument is stupid crap that should be left for places like Fanhome.
:D  :D
Kream for Dave Myers
Mychelle Thompson for ???
Kome for Vlade
Gasol for Kwame
"Warehouse"

How does this pertain to talking about using money to bring players in?

THESE ARE TRADES DUMMY.

And while the Vlade trade for Kobe looks horrible in hindsight you do know the saying.  Things tend to be 20/20 after the fact.  It's not like it was a sure bet Kobe would be awesome.  For all anyone knew at the time he could have been more Darius Miles then Michael Jordan.

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »
Now if you want to bring up media exposure and endorsements you have more ground to stand on.  Obviously you become a better player in the medias eyes when they see you every night.  Even if that is not the truth.  Trevor Ariza gets more attention then Bruce Bowen but he is not the same quality defender.

The thing is if your team is not winning, no one cares.  Ask New York.  Who is the last big name player to run to New York for those reasons?  Kevin Garnett went to Boston because he thought he could win.  His And1 and Gatorade commercials were flying in just fine when he lived in Minny.

Things have changes since the 80s and 90s in terms of player endorsements.  If the players are big enough, it doesn't matter.  That is why KG always did gatorade commercials.  Why Dwayne Wade does T-Mobile commercials.  Why Charles Barkley did Right Guard commercials while in PHX.  Has Shaq's endorsements dropped off since he left LA?  Not really.  I see him doing Crunch, Icey Hot, Vitamin Water, etc.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2008, 04:18:53 PM »

Go back and examine how the Lakers were able to draft James Worthy.  Talk about gifts.

"draft" is correct.  I thought it was about "buying"?  Just let me know what you want to CHANGE to discussion to so I can keep up.

Same "gift" that you say the Spurs got with Duncan.  However the Spurs earned (losing season) their draft pick, the Lakers had it given to them by the Cavs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »

Same "gift" that you say the Spurs got with Duncan.  However the Spurs earned (losing season) their draft pick, the Lakers had it given to them by the Cavs.

All the Lakers had to do was "ask" for that draft pick?  Wow, I want to be a GM in the NBA.  Lucky for the Lakers Worthy was the CLEAR #1 pick, it's not like he was up against some college stars along the lines of Cummings or Dominique......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008, 05:38:57 PM »

All the Lakers had to do was "ask" for that draft pick?  Wow, I want to be a GM in the NBA.  Lucky for the Lakers Worthy was the CLEAR #1 pick, it's not like he was up against some college stars along the lines of Cummings or Dominique......

Basically that is all they did.  Then the Cleveland owner was smacked down by the league and a new rule was created so that franchises couldn't give away 1st rounders in 2 consecutive drafts.  Of course the league didn't make the Lakers give the pick back or anything...
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008, 05:55:38 PM »

Basically that is all they did.  Then the Cleveland owner was smacked down by the league and a new rule was created so that franchises couldn't give away 1st rounders in 2 consecutive drafts.  Of course the league didn't make the Lakers give the pick back or anything...

So as a GM all I have to do is "ask" for the pick, just not ask for the pick from the same franchise twice in a row?  Ok...got it....Clippers here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 03:48:08 AM »
Exactly.  The only time the Lakers are mentioned along with big names is when the Lakers are being used as leverage.  I would love for Lurker to list all the "big names" that signed with the Lakers.  The only ones I can think of are Shaq, Malone, Payton and Gasol.  Only Shaq and Gasol were in their primes and commanding large salaries.  The Lakers just happen to be one of the best teams in the league for drafting and developing talent through the draft.  The "big market" and "big spending" argument is stupid crap that should be left for places like Fanhome.
:D  :D
Kream for Dave Myers
Mychelle Thompson for ???
Kome for Vlade
Gasol for Kwame
"Warehouse"

How does this pertain to talking about using money to bring players in?

THESE ARE TRADES DUMMY.

And while the Vlade trade for Kobe looks horrible in hindsight you do know the saying.  Things tend to be 20/20 after the fact.  It's not like it was a sure bet Kobe would be awesome.  For all anyone knew at the time he could have been more Darius Miles then Michael Jordan.

B=Rad, i think you are at your cutest when you hypocrittically try to dis someone and end up owning yourself.

No kidding they are trades.  I was responding to WoWs blabbering about how the great and powerful Lakers were not built on trades but rather shrewd rrrrrrrraaaagh draft picks.  And no one knew Kobe could have been more then Darius Miles?  So the Lakers did not have any great shrewd drafting. :D :D  Sounds like WoW will have you sleeping on the couch tonight.

And WoW my apologies for the photo above of your bois Neil and boyfriend.  I should not have been so insensitive to your feelings.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 09:37:06 AM »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2008, 09:37:32 AM »
Since no one has really put it in plain english for you Reality....

The very fact you have 20 known semi-gay pictures on your hard drive that you took time out of your day to photoshop Lakers logos makes you look like a homosexual.

Plenty of high school players have been busts.  Out of the hundreds that have come to this league at a very young age I can only think of 5 off the top of my head that turned out to be awesome players.  Kobe was not a sure bet.  Anyone says he was is lying. 

By the way, W.O.W is a Latino.  Do you think you could put more effort in and search for images of, I dunno Officer Ponch?  Cheech?  Why are you doing it half way and just using images you already have on your HD?  At least maybe we would think you were trying to be funny instead of trying to be gay.