Author Topic: Rumors and blogs...Byron Scott has lost the Hornets?  (Read 6237 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rumors and blogs...Byron Scott has lost the Hornets?
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
I heard the Jalen Rose thing - and I kind of laughed at it.

The 'based out of new york thing' only really applies to sports writers based out of new york i would think wouldn't it?  ESPN is based out of connecticut and i know one of their 'bigger' basketball wonks is based out of hawaii a lot (chad ford) and thorpe is in florida and hollinger i believe is in atlanta.

It's a global world - new york stopped being the center of the universe long ago, not that it ever was.

Let's not get it twisted here.  It helps players to be in a bigger market.  Let's use my Lakers and Trevor Ariza as a perfect example.  The guy was an unknown in Orlando and now he makes Sports Center on a nightly basis.  His stock shot up 400% by being put on the big stage in LA.  His game def backs it up and it's a shame he was slept on in Florida but that is how it goes.  I think for a lot of players the big stage is important for exposure.  The thing is Lebron James is not just any player.  Honestly I haven't seen a sports figure so universally liked since Michael Jordan.

Hopefully people start waking up to the fact that they are hyping this up for their own selfish (and lazy) reasons.  Do you think Coke, McDonalds, or any other major GLOBAL sponsor is going to ignore Lebron James if he doesn't go to New York?  Not a chance in hell. 

I think Chris Bosh going to New York would be great for him.  He has a hell of a game but doesn't get the same exposure.  No one wants to watch Toronto Raptor games.  He would be the type of player I was talking about above.  Again, James is not that kind of player.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:48:16 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »
I think Chris Bosh going to New York would be great for him.  He has a hell of a game but doesn't get the same exposure.  No one wants to watch Toronto Raptor games.  He would be the type of player I was talking about above.  Again, James is not that kind of player.

Cleveland will not be without cap money as well in 2010 - i'd like to see lebron and bosh play together, in cleveland, cause the suffering of any new york team is heartening to philadelphians :)

BTW - I know they were the worst team in the league that year - but the worst team hardly ever won the lottery in the '14 team era' - how come there were no conspriacy screams about the cavs winning their home town boy?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2008, 01:53:25 PM »

Cleveland will not be without cap money as well in 2010 - i'd like to see lebron and bosh play together, in cleveland, cause the suffering of any new york team is heartening to philadelphians :)

BTW - I know they were the worst team in the league that year - but the worst team hardly ever won the lottery in the '14 team era' - how come there were no conspriacy screams about the cavs winning their home town boy?

Sometimes weird things happen...ask Spurs fans   ;D

jemagee

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2008, 01:55:38 PM »
Sometimes weird things happen...ask Spurs fans 

Ugh - don't remind me - one damn bounce of a lottery ball and iverson and duncan win titles in Philadelphia

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 01:28:24 AM »

Ugh - don't remind me - one damn bounce of a lottery ball and iverson and duncan win titles in Philadelphia

I thought one lottery ball bounce and TD wins titles in Boston.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 10:55:33 AM »

Yes, the Celtics had the highest odds...but you are talking to a Philly fan and they (almost) always have a distorted view of history.   ;D
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 11:42:31 AM »

Yes, the Celtics had the highest odds...but you are talking to a Philly fan and they (almost) always have a distorted view of history.   ;D

San ANtonio Spurs - Tim Duncan
Philadelphia 76ers - Keith Van Horn

I was referring to the draft order

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 01:53:15 PM »

Yes, the Celtics had the highest odds...but you are talking to a Philly fan and they (almost) always have a distorted view of history.   ;D

San ANtonio Spurs - Tim Duncan
Philadelphia 76ers - Keith Van Horn

I was referring to the draft order

LOL of all the people to draft that year....

jemagee

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 04:12:16 PM »

Yeah, but not as bad as

hardaway
bradley
webber

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »

Yeah, but not as bad as

hardaway
bradley
webber

I'll give you Bradley but Chris Webber was a solid player for many many years.  I'd take him over Van Horn in 99% of the situations.

jemagee

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 11:19:44 AM »
I'll give you Bradley but Chris Webber was a solid player for many many years.  I'd take him over Van Horn in 99% of the situations.

Yes - and so would i - but see the sixers drafted sean bradley in the drafter were hardaway webber went 1/3 - a worse draft pick than keith van horn as #2 in my opinion -

jemagee

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »
Rumors floating that Mike Conley might be in play - to the blazers - in a trade centered around outlaw - the blazers also were looking at mike bibby earlier this season?

Yo Ed - see if they want andre miller

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 11:33:08 AM »
Rumors floating that Mike Conley might be in play - to the blazers - in a trade centered around outlaw - but that seems silly to me.

Shame the sixers can't trade for a point guard

Travis Outlaw is not a bad pick up at his position.  He is a young guy that has a nice jumper.

jemagee

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 11:40:04 AM »
I was more wondering why the blazers would want another point guard actually...

jemagee

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2008, 01:47:18 PM »
From the New York Daily News 'Slam Dunks'

Judging from all the chatter in their locker room, the Timberwolves are convinced that Gerald Wallace will be coming on board from Charlotte, with Rashard McCants and Jason Collins heading to the Bobcats.

I'm not sure - but in pure basketball terms that sounds like a bad trade to me ?