Author Topic: Sixers @ Bobcats 11/24  (Read 3537 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Sixers @ Bobcats 11/24
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 10:43:53 AM »
Its good that our scrubs know what its means to play like scrubs.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 12:37:44 PM »
didn't see that game.... looks like I didn't miss much.  Now we face Orlando and Boston next...

jemagee

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »
Not really interested in what green and ivey have to say actually...where the quotes from the guys who matter?

Where is Ed Stefanski - I think it's time for someone to talk to Ed and get him on the record

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 02:23:06 PM »
Not really interested in what green and ivey have to say actually...where the quotes from the guys who matter?

Where is Ed Stefanski - I think it's time for someone to talk to Ed and get him on the record

Ed is normally a big talker.  His recent silence might be speaking volumes.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 02:33:38 PM »
There's some interesting 'alternative' research being published now an d in the future about the impact of coaches and much like in baseball it indicates that except in a few extreme cases (tim floyd in the negative for isntane, phil jackson positive) most coaches have minimal impact on teams...i haven't fully read the research just some articles and some uproar

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 03:13:18 PM »
There's some interesting 'alternative' research being published now an d in the future about the impact of coaches and much like in baseball it indicates that except in a few extreme cases (tim floyd in the negative for isntane, phil jackson positive) most coaches have minimal impact on teams...i haven't fully read the research just some articles and some uproar

That is one of the problems, unlike the college game, there are very few pro coaches who are truly head and shoulders better than their peers - Jackson, Riley, Sloan, LB and maybe Popovich.  The rest of the them are retreads or never was's.  Unless you hire a big name, trying to hire the next big thing is trying to catch lightning in a bottle.  I would love for us to hire the next great coach, but I would settle for a good one who's skill set is more in line with our talent level and skill sets.