Author Topic: Sixers @ Bobcats 11/24  (Read 3539 times)

jemagee

Sixers @ Bobcats 11/24
« on: November 24, 2008, 07:40:31 PM »
Well I'm still at work and the game is on NBA TV
I'm trying to upgrade my SG position but the trade i made is getting reversed
and now i've got 4 PGs on my fantasy team - what a messy day

Oh yeah, this game is on NBA TV

jemagee

Re: Sixers @ Bobcats 11/24
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »
Lou
Willie
Thad
Reggie
Speights

This is a five i'd like to never see on the floor together - Mo needs to work on making sure at least one of brand/miller/iguodala are on the floor at all times...i just don't like the lack of savvy (as of yet) of those five on the floor at the same time

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 08:34:40 PM »
Sixers look tired tonight.  Back to back home-road is always tough.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 08:41:48 PM »
DJ Augustin was a good waiver wire pick up it seems

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:52:22 PM »
When the other team is sinking the shots that the Bobcats are hitting right now, you give em credit and try to get em back on the other end.  Some of those shots were just ridiculous

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 09:11:18 PM »
THe guards are killing the sixers - where's the defense

Andre Miller pass more - shoot less

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »
YOU WILL NOT GET BACK IN THE GAME SHOOTING THREES

GET STOPS

RUN OFFENSE

REPEAT

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
So I'm pretty sure I didn't see Speights at all in the 2nd half.  Any reason?

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 09:31:30 PM »
Mo went small a lot?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
On defense they cannot cover the pick and roll at all.  They doble team and then let the guy go.  Leads to a wide open jumper every time, if not worse.

Also, on offense I guess Mo figured there was no reason to post up DJ Augustine with either Miller, Iguodala or WG?

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 09:41:15 PM »
Wait, mo made a bad in game coaching move?

that's unpossible

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 09:50:09 PM »
Maybe its me, but for most of this season I have not enjoyed watching this team- even when they win.  The opposite of last year.

I guess maybe just the victim of unreasonable expectation, but they seem painful to watch.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 10:00:52 PM »
Execution, other teams simply run their plays better than we do.  Thad looked very out of sorts tonight, not using Speights in the second half was not a good idea.  I never like going small when their small players are better than yours. 

Miller simply cannot guard a quick PG, he just can't.  The team is not fun to watch because they look clunky with everything they do, no smoothness on either end of the court.  The Sixers are the cure for any bad three point shooting team, we make guys shoot threes better than Mark Price ever could. 

BTW, Okafor is really not much of a player for the money, way more overpaid than Iguodala.  He is supposed to be 6'10", heck he is shorter than Brand who goes 6'8" at best.  I still stand by my thought early in the off-season that Biedrins was a better FA target than Smith or Okafor, not thet he could be obtained, but a better player overall.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
Mo went small a lot but I still saw Reggie.  So I don't think that's an excuse.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 10:01:46 AM »
Willie Green and Royal Ivey, beacons of truth:

"Royal Ivey said it best as we were coming off the court," Willie Green said in a very quiet locker room.

"He said we played to the level of our competition. That's not to disrespect Charlotte, but this is a game a good team comes in and wins. Until we can do that, we're going to be mediocre. We took a step back. It seems like every time we have an opportunity to take a step forward, we take a step back."

The numbers say the Sixers shot a weak 39.5 percent and allowed the Bobcats to shoot 54.8. You can delve into a long discussion about the Bobcats' pick-and-roll offense or the Sixers' pick-and-roll defense that seemed to fail them miserably in the second half, but what was really missing was . . .

"Sense of urgency," Green said. "When you play to the level of the competition, the urgency tends to fluctuate. In big games, you're playing hard, trying to play well. This game, we didn't have that pep in our step, and that's across the board."

I would say it is both a lack of urgency AND the inability to defend a fundamental basketball play in the pick and roll.

The truth is, the Sixers knew that the Bobcats did exactly what they needed to do.

"They took it to us," Green said. "I think we're upset. I am. We're not going to be an elite team if we play like that. Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to say it's early. Some of the guys understand that."

'nuff said.

[/quote]