Author Topic: Manu back in Spurs line up tonight.  (Read 1413 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Manu back in Spurs line up tonight.
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
RealSpurs Insider info:  ;D

November 24, 2008
Jeff McDonald: Manu will play tonight
MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- Even Spurs coach Gregg Popovich agrees: Manu Ginobili is ready to play.

The Spurs guard, who missed the team's first 12 games while recovering from September ankle surgery, will make his season debut tonight at Memphis, Popovich confirmed after this morning's shootaround.

It was welcome news for Ginobili, who last week had targeted this very game for his return.

"It's great to hear," Ginobili said. "It's been enough time."

Late last week, Popovich seemed poised to deny Ginobili's request for playing time in Memphis, saying Ginobili would play "when he's ready." Ginobili participated in several 5-on-5 scrimmages last week, apparently showing enough to convince Popovich he was, indeed, ready.

It isn't clear how many minutes Ginobili might earn against the Grizzlies, buts it almost certainly won't be many. Though he and Popovich haven't discussed a plan, Ginobili said he will be surprised to play more than 10 or 12.

Every minute of game experience helps, he said.

"I'm going to be out of shape, a little slower," said Ginobili. "But those are things you only get from playing. I feel like it works better for me getting 10 minutes of playing time than (spending) 20 minutes on a treadmill."

One sign it could take Ginobili a while to fully regain his groove: He lost a post-practice game of H-O-R-S-E to Blake Ahearn this morning.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manu back in Spurs line up tonight.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:57:59 PM »
If there was some decent talent in the draft this would not be happenning right now.... :-\
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
If there was some decent talent in the draft this would not be happenning right now....

Ricky Rubio and Brendan Jennings not good enough for you?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 04:01:52 PM »
If there was some decent talent in the draft this would not be happenning right now.... :-\

If there was some decent talent in the draft TD would fake a season ending injury and be wheeled out in a chair like Drama-Paula......but alaS, the Spurs will probably have to play out the season and fight for a playoff spot.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:33:44 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 04:09:37 PM »

If there was some decent talent in the draft TD would fake a season ending injury and be wheeled out in a chair like Drama-Paula......but ala, the Spurs will probably have to play out the season and fight for a playoff spot.

Exactly!  Pop would have the coyote "accidently" hit TD with one of those shirt projecting air guns, set to "cripple", and we would have our next franchise player next year....oh well, now we got to play instead.... :(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 04:26:27 PM »
He's going to be rusty at least until Mid-December although I am glad to see the Spurs slowly getting better. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 04:34:21 PM »
He's going to be rusty at least until Mid-December although I am glad to see the Spurs slowly getting better. 

I want Parker back in the lineup!!!!  My FNBA team is dying out there!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"