Author Topic: Where will Al Harrington Go  (Read 3511 times)

jemagee

Re: Where will Al Harrington Go
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 06:11:24 PM »
That's great they are making space but they still suck.  So until they get better, I am going to say it doesn't matter.  The guy is big in any market.  He could play in North Dakota and still get 10s of millions in marketing money.  I don't know why people keep thinking that he needs to go to a big market for exposure.

He wore a yankees cap and supposedly there are 'kickers' in his contracts if he signs in LA or NY - and the Nets don't look to be moving to Brooklyn any time soon - so the Jay-Z thing don't look like it's going to work.

I agree that there's a long history of teams clearing cap rooms for stars and then failing - but it's not just james that off season, wade and bosh might be available as well - and getting out of canada might be persuasive for bosh.

The cavs can still offer him more money than the knicks - and even if the cavs have a crappy roster in 09/10, the knicks roster isn't really going to be that much better is it?  And does anyone think D'anotni can win an nba title with the system he coaches?

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »
BTW

See how much better things are in clipperland since they got rid of that baylor fella?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 11:41:10 PM »
I hope Zach works out for the Clips, they are crowded up front but that's not such a bad problem to have.  Maybe now Baron can be a bit more selective about his shots.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2008, 10:09:36 AM »
I hope Zach works out for the Clips, they are crowded up front but that's not such a bad problem to have.  Maybe now Baron can be a bit more selective about his shots.

It gives the Clips a true low post threat and secondary scorer.  It should help open up the floor more for Baron.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
Marc Stein on the Knicks 'grand plan'

The Knicks made two payroll-slashing trades Friday that suggest they have far more grandiose ideas about the delicious free-agent summer of 2010. When I ran this past a few people who would know how they think in the executive suite at Madison Square Garden, I wasn't exactly dissuaded from the following claim: Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are brazen enough to think they'll have enough flexibility to try to sign LeBron, Chris Bosh and Steve Nash for Nash's last hurrah when the bidding opens, oh, about 586 days from now. And here's the thing: That might just be mathematically possible now.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »

It gives the Clips a true low post threat and secondary scorer.  It should help open up the floor more for Baron.

Kaman is a legit post threat but I haven't seen Dunleavy make it a point to run the ball through him.  Now that B-Davis is there it is even worse.  Kaman does have moves with his back to the basket.  They just don't utilize him correctly.  Personally I think Dunleavy stinks as a coach......

http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2008, 12:15:48 PM »
Last night they presented dunleavys coaching record, i think it was over 1,000 games and a sub 500 coaching record...

Bunch of rumors today about kaman, including the bobcats trying to get him for the past couple weeks.