Author Topic: Spurs start season 0-3, WTF is going on?  (Read 12457 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spurs start season 0-3, WTF is going on?
« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2008, 06:40:35 PM »
My point ted is that if you allow your religion to tell you what is right and wrong without deciding for yourself then you basically give up the thing that makes humans human.

I agree with you completely. If my faith was based only on what I had been taught at church and at home, I would have been out a LONG time ago.

Religious people too often forget that religion is God's domain. We like to create our own purpose, to try to find all the answers and unravel all the mysteries by ourselves. If a person wants an answer about what is truth, they should go to Him.

Yeah, that's right WoW, he's there.  ;)
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2008, 06:56:36 PM »
Stray bullets are a small price to pay from some authentic "Al Pastor" tacos from East-Los!

I can't believe this subject didn't come up in Orange! I only go for the authentic Mex, so I will pay the price.

Here is a list of my top ten lunch choices: (you can tell me if I'm going for the right stuff)

1. Hae Mul Pajeon (seafood frittata) and Dwenjang Jigae (spicy miso stew) at Sam Hawk (Korean) in Provo
2. Tacos Al Pastor at El Azteca
3.(tie) Torta Milanesa or Torta Al Pastor at El Azteca
4. Torta Adobada at La Villa in Provo
5. Mole Poblano platter (or burrito) at El Azteca
6. Carne Asada burrito (smothered in chile verde for me) at El Azteca
7. Tamales at La Villa
8. Thom Ka Gai (chicken/coconut milk soup) with fried calamari at Bangkok Grill in Provo
9. Chicken Nachos at El Azteca
10. Chile verde burrito at El Azteca

Needless to say, I have an account with El Azteca. I really should branch out and find some authentic Mex somewhere else. But everywhere I go it's just crap. Crap smothered in a ton of cheese. Don't get me wrong . . . cheese is good, but it's still crap underneath.

The best Mexican food I've ever had was at a restaurant out at an old mission near Gilroy, CA. The chile verde was UNBELIEVABLE.

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2008, 08:31:06 PM »
Ted I may be in Utah on Sunday Dec 7th, I know you have church for like 15 hours that day but if you wanted to join me at Rodizos (I think that's the name of that Brazillian steak house) id be willing to treat you.  I'll let you know next week if I'll be out there.  I am only there from Sunday to Monday evening.  Doing training at the Utah Department of Transportation that day.

I have to go to the Brazilian steak house tho.  Last time I got to eat there I was hooked and haven't really been able to find one as good except for their other place in Denver.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 03:29:24 PM »
Ted I may be in Utah on Sunday Dec 7th, I know you have church for like 15 hours that day but if you wanted to join me at Rodizos (I think that's the name of that Brazillian steak house) id be willing to treat you.  I'll let you know next week if I'll be out there.  I am only there from Sunday to Monday evening.  Doing training at the Utah Department of Transportation that day.

I have to go to the Brazilian steak house tho.  Last time I got to eat there I was hooked and haven't really been able to find one as good except for their other place in Denver.

Lunch Monday would actually be better. I'm getting back from KC Sunday evening. And if we do this, I have to treat you. It's just the way it works out here.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 04:15:09 PM »
And if we do this, I have to treat you. It's just the way it works out here.

This better not be a trick to get me to go to the Mormon temple.  I already told your cousins when they came to my door a few weekends ago I was not interested.

Any idea where the department of transportation building happens to be?  If I go that is where I'll be.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
And if we do this, I have to treat you. It's just the way it works out here.

This better not be a trick to get me to go to the Mormon temple.  I already told your cousins when they came to my door a few weekends ago I was not interested.

Any idea where the department of transportation building happens to be?  If I go that is where I'll be.

wk,

Wear a helmet!  Ted smacked me on the forehead with his 8 lbs bible durring our conversation.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2008, 07:13:05 PM »
Yeah! You still owe me a new Bible! That sucker broke right in half when it ran into that Cro Magnon brow.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2008, 07:25:17 PM »
This better not be a trick to get me to go to the Mormon temple.

I would never do that . . . to one of our temples.

You still want to do Rodizio's, or something else? Email me through the fantasy league and we'll hook up.

I think I know where it is. The state office complex about 7-8 miles south of downtown?