Author Topic: The polls are starting to close in some areas and results starting to come in...  (Read 3751 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
gonna be a long night...  Go'Bama....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

He already won hartsfield landing

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email

10 percent in and they are calling states...VT has 0 percent and they are caling for Obama win...jumping the gun a little on the calling aren't they?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

10 percent in and they are calling states...VT has 0 percent and they are caling for Obama win...jumping the gun a little on the calling aren't they?

I assume it's based on exit polling...which isn't always that accurate.

VT going Obama isn't exactly a stretch - i could california for obama a month ago...

Hartsfield landing was a joke - but there are a couple towns in new hampshire that report their results quite early - small towns - both went to obama -

In fact as I understand it, if pollsters know anything (a stretch I know) - the out come of most states is a 'fait accompli' except of course for our 3 favorites, OH, PA, FL?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
It bears repeating:

Carlsbad man arrested in fight over Prop. 8 signs
The Associated Press
Article Launched: 11/04/2008 05:27:15 AM PST

CARLSBAD, Calif.?An elderly Carlsbad couple was punched by a neighbor during an angry confrontation over Proposition 8 yard signs.
Lt. Neil Galluci says 53-year-old Lawrence Pizzicara was arrested Monday night and booked for investigation of elder abuse and battery causing great bodily injury.

Investigators say the couple?a 76-year-old man and his 77 year-old wife?had placed a "Yes on Prop. 8" sign in their yard. Tuesday's ballot proposition would amend the state constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman.

The lieutenant says the couple's neighbor then allegedly placed a "No on Prop. 8" sign on the couple's property and a fight broke out.

Paramedics treated the couple.

jemagee

The neighbor is a moron...ignorant people get opinions too

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Obama's gonna give his speech... now can we fast forward to january?

jemagee

McCain still seems to be sticking his foot in his mouth during his concession...at least to me.

McCains supporters also seem a little - um - well - um - it doesn't seem like they are reacting with any grace.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 11:24:01 PM by jemagee »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Great speech by John McCain.  Sorry you didn't give a better race.  Your party really did not help you IMO.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
McCain still seems to be sticking his foot in his mouth during his concession...at least to me.

McCains supporters also seem a little - um - well - um - it doesn't seem like they are reacting with any grace.

I think his speech is good.  his supporters there do seem like idiots.  cheering for Palin?!  spare me, that was their downfall.

jemagee

McCains comments - at the beginning of the speech about the 'pride of african americans' (or something like that - while well meaning - just struck me as off putting - it sounded poor and cheap.

Man they were just waiting for 8 pm pacific time - as soon as the west coast polls closed they called this election cause everyone knew those 3 big states.

BTW - WTF is up with Florida - why does it take them so long to call their state?

So - i didn't get asked for any ID when I voted today and as I sat there watching them go through BOOKS with PAPER it occured to me that lap tops could be set up for each polling location and maybe make it go a bit faster?

jemagee

Ok, so i was watching the results on ABC and something struck me as odd.

West Virgina went to McCain kind of in a big way

But in the  governors races, the incumbent democrat kicked his backside...in fact the democrats won all but one of the statewide elections (though one was unopposed) but all incumbents one.

I just found it odd, 55% of the people who voted for president voted for the republican candidate but 69% go democrat in the gubernatorial election...

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
McCains comments - at the beginning of the speech about the 'pride of african americans' (or something like that - while well meaning - just struck me as off putting - it sounded poor and cheap.

Man they were just waiting for 8 pm pacific time - as soon as the west coast polls closed they called this election cause everyone knew those 3 big states.

BTW - WTF is up with Florida - why does it take them so long to call their state?

So - i didn't get asked for any ID when I voted today and as I sat there watching them go through BOOKS with PAPER it occured to me that lap tops could be set up for each polling location and maybe make it go a bit faster?

I don't see it as poor or cheap, this is a major milestone for african-americans, you can see Obama as "american" but you cheapen the struggle that this large group has had to go through.  I thought the same thing at first but then realized how historical this moment really is.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Ok, so i was watching the results on ABC and something struck me as odd.

West Virgina went to McCain kind of in a big way

But in the  governors races, the incumbent democrat kicked his backside...in fact the democrats won all but one of the statewide elections (though one was unopposed) but all incumbents one.

I just found it odd, 55% of the people who voted for president voted for the republican candidate but 69% go democrat in the gubernatorial election...

Uhmmmmm...I don't think you need to spell it out for the members of this board.  Some things have definately changed but not all.

Nothing cheap about McCain speach.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

I don't see it as poor or cheap, this is a major milestone for african-americans, you can see Obama as "american" but you cheapen the struggle that this large group has had to go through.  I thought the same thing at first but then realized how historical this moment really is.
At the same time it strikes me that McCain illustrates that the struggle isn't over either...he's the president, plain and simple, an that's all that should matter, and some day, maybe, it might, but McCains comments (to me) illustrate how far is left to go as much as how far they've gone.