Author Topic: Opening Night - Sixers  (Read 4219 times)

jemagee

Opening Night - Sixers
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:50:15 PM »
So tonight's opening night - per usual i won't be home in time to watch the game but wondering if anyone here will be watching commenting on this board?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Re: Opening Night - Sixers
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 03:09:33 PM »
I'll be at the game for the first 2 hours, then hoping over to the Phillies game.  So I won't be commenting on the board :P

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 04:03:08 PM »
I'll be watching, but I don't post when I'm watching.  It's a pretty cold windy day in Philly.  The Sixers play indoors, so it doesn't matter for them, but I was working outside today and I didn't want to be out there for very long before deciding I wanted to go in.  This is not baseball weather, and it isn't going to be pleasant for the fans.  Good thing the Phillies game is only 3 1/2 innings!

To be honest, I'm more exited about the Sixers than the Phils.  I'm pretty confident the Phillies have the World Series sewn up.  I think the Sixers are better than most people think, although a few pundits have them 2nd behind Boston in the East.  Now it's time to see if they can play up to my expectations.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:54:33 PM »
I'll be at the game for the first 2 hours, then hoping over to the Phillies game.  So I won't be commenting on the board :P

Dude, what kind of tech geek are you without the ability to post from your mobile phone

EPIC FAIL

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 05:10:04 PM »

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 05:17:31 PM »
ANything with the word furby in it scares me

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 06:05:26 PM »
So they did go with the early start - that suck - and thad with the quick 3 fouls?

Box score looks ugly

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 06:10:05 PM »
Lousy FG%
Lousy 3PT defense
Lousy Defensive rebounding

Nice to see somethings stay consistent

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:58:19 PM »
Bad spacing on offense - It will take time
Inconsistent rotations on defense - It will take coaching
They need one more athletic defender on the second team pressure defense unit- Ivey?

The increased talent level is obvious, but against a precision team like the Raptors this team will struggle for at least the first quarter of the season.  No one looked like they knew where to be or were tentative about getting there on offense. 

Ratliff is just taking up roster space.  Speights should be getting minutes on the second team early this season.

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:12:01 PM »
More turnovers than assists
a god awful FG%
poor perimeter defense
better on the defensive glass in the 2nd half
still piss poor from the 3 point line

Depending on Mo Cheeks to improve things he hasn't been able to make noticeable improvement in before isn't exactly something that encourages me.

No one looked like they knew where to be or were tentative about getting there on offense. 

Well that's truly encouraging about the coaching - that team mates still don't know where they are going

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 08:57:04 AM »
WOAH! This was the first game of a team that added a piece that REALLy changes the way they have to do things. I think they looked like a team that's going to be VERY good when they put it all together.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 09:36:38 AM »

Dude, what kind of tech geek are you without the ability to post from your mobile phone

EPIC FAIL

Who says I don't have the ability?  I've fixed corrupt mysql and postgres databases while driving down I95. 

It was the desire to post on a message board from my phone while watching a sixers game live that was the problem.

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 10:06:16 AM »
I'm still going with epic failure

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:06:51 AM »
WOAH! This was the first game of a team that added a piece that REALLy changes the way they have to do things. I think they looked like a team that's going to be VERY good when they put it all together.

I'm confused as to why - i missed the game but following online it looks like they still suck at the same stuff they always sucked at - and willie green gets too many minutes

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »
We only gave up 10 offensive rebounds on 45 missed shots.  That's a 77.7% defensive rebounding percentage.  by contrast, Toronto only got 58% of their defensive rebounding opportunities.

We missed shots, and we lost the turnover battle.  We don't typically lose the turnover battle, so that doesn't concern me.  Missing open shots on the first game of the season isn't my biggest concern either.