Author Topic: OPening night  (Read 2113 times)

jemagee

OPening night
« on: October 28, 2008, 07:53:09 PM »
anyone on this board care?

I'm watching the start of the bucks/bulls game right now hoping cox FINALLY gets the split billing right on the first try after never ever getting it right before.

jemagee

Re: OPening night
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:00:39 PM »
Out of curiosity - who else here (if at all) gets the NBA League Pass?

Also - i tend to 'share out' my broadband portion of the nba league pass because I never really use it - I don't know if multiple people can use it at once - but shoot me a PM if you want to use it.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 08:27:48 PM »
Oh, I care.  I'm heading home in a few minutes to catch the start of the Blazers/Lakers game.  Don't get NBA League Pass, though.  Don't even have cable yet.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 09:10:32 PM »
Yeah, been jonesing to watch a game since the Olympics and it's good to see LeBron and Paul Pierce go at it.

Much more excited about the Sixers opener tomorrow against the Raptors. I am anxious to see if the team can play up to my expectations.

Since I can get all the Sixers games and the ones on TNT, I think that's enough to keep up with the teams I want to know more about.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 10:48:59 PM »
Oh, I care.  I'm heading home in a few minutes to catch the start of the Blazers/Lakers game.

I wish I could see every game Oden plays, the 5 is my favorite position to watch.  So far I'm not impressed with Oden, not even close to college Shaq let alone NBA rookie Shaq.  Seems like Oden is about 70% based on some of his college games I caught so it's not fair to him to compare him to Shaq at this time.  I don't really see the Shaq comparrison, never did but I'm going to give this kid 18 months before I peg him "fo life".
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 08:38:55 AM »
How's Odens foot?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:12 AM »
Well, Oden was a big let down.  He got hurt in the 1st quarter and didn't come back.  The Celtics/Cavs game went a little long and they did not televise the first few minutes of the Lakers/Blazers game so I didn't get to see the nice block Oden had on Bynum.  Bynum made a nice move into the lane and bumped Oden, most players would be off balance after getting bumped like that but Oden is so big and strong that he was able to hold his position and block the shot nicely.  After that Oden did not look very good finishing around the basket.  His big body was able to take up space and get some nice rebounds but he was never able to finish.  The kid needs to get healthy, I hope he heals up quick, it's a shame for a talent like Oden to be plauged with injuries.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 09:54:03 AM »
Well, Oden was a big let down.  He got hurt in the 1st quarter and didn't come back.  The Celtics/Cavs game went a little long and they did not televise the first few minutes of the Lakers/Blazers game so I didn't get to see the nice block Oden had on Bynum.  Bynum made a nice move into the lane and bumped Oden, most players would be off balance after getting bumped like that but Oden is so big and strong that he was able to hold his position and block the shot nicely.  After that Oden did not look very good finishing around the basket.  His big body was able to take up space and get some nice rebounds but he was never able to finish.  The kid needs to get healthy, I hope he heals up quick, it's a shame for a talent like Oden to be plauged with injuries.

To add a Reality-esque comment that adds nothing to the basketball discussion.....

Was it just me or did Oden look like he was 40 years old in that interview they played? 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »
Oden out 2 to 4 weeks

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »
Was it just me or did Oden look like he was 40 years old in that interview they played? 

Oden has looked that old since HS, makes me wonder if he repeated the 9th grade at least 6 times.  ???
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »
Oden out 2 to 4 weeks

Aside from it being bad hes out in general  he was suppose to play against a lot of top big men in the next month.  That would have been a great test and really show how much work he has in store to become the player a lot of people think he can be.  I personally was interested to see how he did against Yao Ming and Tim Duncan.

I've seen pictures of Oden before but never close up and in HD like the interview was.  He looks like he repeated 9th grade multiple times in 1981.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
I am excited but I don't have cable right now.  Once I get that back I will turn back into a true basketball junkie.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes