Author Topic: Let's go YOYERS!  (Read 7800 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Let's go YOYERS!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
I understand that but you are complaining about religious holidays in another thread so I don't know if you can really play that card.

Where has W.O.W been?  He must have drank himself into oblivion the first night the YOYERS won. 

There's a baseball team in L.A.?  WTF!  When did this happen?  I've been traveling doing system upgrades.  I might be traveling Wed-Fri for the rest of the year. 

Speaking of playing "cards" like a donkey.........has anyone been watching the WSOP this year?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
I understand that but you are complaining about religious holidays in another thread so I don't know if you can really play that card.

Where has W.O.W been?  He must have drank himself into oblivion the first night the YOYERS won. 

There's a baseball team in L.A.?  WTF!  When did this happen?  I've been traveling doing system upgrades.  I might be traveling Wed-Fri for the rest of the year. 

Speaking of playing "cards" like a donkey.........has anyone been watching the WSOP this year?

Damn I hope you are not going out to the Eastcoast.  Having to stay up until the middle of the night to watch Laker games is no fun.  Especially when everyone happens to work twice as hard on the road as they do at their own office.

Lets go YOYERS!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2008, 08:48:07 AM »
Damn I hope you are not going out to the Eastcoast.  Having to stay up until the middle of the night to watch Laker games is no fun.  Especially when everyone happens to work twice as hard on the road as they do at their own office.

Lets go YOYERS!

I got one Leastcoast trip planned, "non-real-work" trip.  Going to Tenn and Pen to visit a couple of vendors that are in the running to replace me. :(  All my "work" trips this year will be in Cali, going as far north as Sactown and down south to SD.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 10:57:04 AM »
Phillies in 7 BTW

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
There's nothing exciting going in in SoCal in November right? Any good games to see?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2008, 02:12:15 PM »
There's nothing exciting going in in SoCal in November right? Any good games to see?

Lakers, Clippers, Soccer will be back by then as well (I believe), Los Angeles Kings....

Do you want music shows?  Cuz there is a million...

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2008, 02:27:17 PM »
What can a po Utah boy get Laker or Clips tickets for?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2008, 02:35:41 PM »

Clips tickets - affordable - at higher elevations
Laker tickets - really not with investigating 'secondary' market tickets unless you don't mind shelling out 500 bucks or so

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2008, 03:39:05 PM »

80 to 150 gets you very good Clippers tickets.  Slightly over double for Lakers.  You can check ticketmaster.com or stubhub.com.  Also there is a "ticket exchange" on Clippers.com and Lakers.com that you can occasionaly find good deals on. 

Maybe you can talk msc into taking you to a game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2008, 03:47:27 PM »

80 to 150 gets you very good Clippers tickets.  Slightly over double for Lakers.  You can check ticketmaster.com or stubhub.com.  Also there is a "ticket exchange" on Clippers.com and Lakers.com that you can occasionaly find good deals on. 

Maybe you can talk msc into taking you to a game.

I suggest using StubHub unless you can plan far in advance.  I am sure a lot of the tickets will be hard to get as the team is back in contender mode unless it's nose bleeds.

150 at a Clippers game will get you in very good seats.  You could get 8-10 rows back for that much at the Clipper game.  I paid 150 for 15 rows back when the Lakers played the Jazz last year in Dec.

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »
This year I hope I have the time and money to see the sixers at staples against the clippers - though I wonder if it'll be a harder ticket to get this year with the return of 'traitor' elton brand?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 04:04:15 PM »
This year I hope I have the time and money to see the sixers at staples against the clippers - though I wonder if it'll be a harder ticket to get this year with the return of 'traitor' elton brand?

Brand was popular out here but I don't think that him coming back to town is that huge of a deal.  Especially since he didn't play at all last year.

It's not like AI returning to Philly or MJ showing back up in Chicago.

jemagee

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
I'll keep an eye out then - the clippers/sixers staples game is usually the one sixers game i don't get on tv all year due to stupid tv rules...and it's usually scheduled at an odd time (or i just remember the odd sunday 12 pm starts better than the others)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2008, 04:29:25 PM »
I'll keep an eye out then - the clippers/sixers staples game is usually the one sixers game i don't get on tv all year due to stupid tv rules...and it's usually scheduled at an odd time (or i just remember the odd sunday 12 pm starts better than the others)

I've seen the Lakers/Sixers two times since Staples Center opened and I didn't have trouble getting tickets then.  Though I think it would be cooler to see Brand drop 40 on his old team.

Btw..Seeing AI play live, 7 rows back, it amazing.  Not sure how close you've got to see him play but you have a million times more respect then if you watch him on TV.  I watched Shaq level him on a move towards the rim, he gets right back up, ball comes back in to him, goes past Shaq, and scores.

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2008, 04:30:49 PM »
Problem is i don't want to see the sixers far back, i want close seats, close seats to ANY lakers game cost more than they really should...I mean how can I yell at Sam for his boneheaded moves if I'm not close enough...how can i ask Kobe if he had the same teachers i did in high school?