Author Topic: Movies  (Read 2614 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Movies
« on: September 29, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
I think we have some potential in the upcoming "The Soloist" with Jamie Foxx and Bob Downey Jr.
Foxx is a homeless person who is a briliant upright bass player.
http://www.soloistmovie.com/?&gclid=CMDYr9C0gZYCFQVxFQodARryFQ

Eagle Eye:  Confusing piece of crap that hides behind frantic overdone action scenes and tired out cliches.  Ie the chase thru the airport, the guy and gal thrown together who hate each other initially (lame acting) but end up falling in *love*.  Shia Boof should only play teens and Michelle Monahan only light fluffy airhead roles. 

I will say for you techno geeks there is a very interesting twist.  If no one cares about being spoiled, I'll post it.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Movies
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:37:16 AM »
I think we have some potential in the upcoming "The Soloist" with Jamie Foxx and Bob Downey Jr.
Foxx is a homeless person who is a briliant upright bass player.
http://www.soloistmovie.com/?&gclid=CMDYr9C0gZYCFQVxFQodARryFQ

Eagle Eye:  Confusing piece of crap that hides behind frantic overdone action scenes and tired out cliches.  Ie the chase thru the airport, the guy and gal thrown together who hate each other initially (lame acting) but end up falling in *love*.  Shia Boof should only play teens and Michelle Monahan only light fluffy airhead roles. 

I will say for you techno geeks there is a very interesting twist.  If no one cares about being spoiled, I'll post it.

From the summer previews I knew "Eagle Eyes" was going to suck.  I think that Dicaprio/Gladiator Dude movie might be good, not sure yet.  Last movie I saw was "The Dark Knight" and it's hard to jump back into the sack with another movie after that experience.  It might take the next "Star Trek" movie to get me back into a theater.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
My gf and I usually do the traditional jewish thing and hit a movie and chinese food on christmas day - i'm not sure i'll find one even remotely worth seeing - bedtime stories might be a stretch.

I think i'll find a movie worth going to the theater for before star trek (next summer) but not sure what.

The DiCaprio/Crowe movie smells a lot like the departed, but with terrorism and a lot more over the  top political intrigue and explosions (ridley scott)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
Burn After Reading was good.  Very well acted, lighter and more straightforward than most Cohen brothers fare.  Malkovich and Clooney have roles that a just flat out perfect for them.

R.I.P. Paul Newman.   Simply one of the best ever.   I know he's in some mediocre films but man, when you look at his career he was in a stunning number of great films and few, if any, disasters.  There's still a number of his best films I have yet to see.   By all accounts a good man as well.

"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »
It's also going to be fun to watch russell crowe kick russell crowes ass directed by rdley scott in yet another robin hood movie.

Seriously, any one who pitches a reimaginging of a film that's been done at least 5 times should be summarily executed

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 02:07:31 AM »
Okay since thankfully no one is going to Eagle Eye, the voice you hear on the cell phone ordering Shia 'Boof and Monaghan what to do is......
Edited.  Nonetheless if some might see it....
**********Spoilers*******************

The US Dept of Defense and Bush Oil n War build this huge computer.  It logs data on all of us, and is tied to cameras galore placed here there and everywhere in the real world galore.  (Traffic cameras, electrical grid system, anything electrical/computerized.)  The thing starts to think for itself AI style.  Its been programed amoung other things seek out Enemies of the State, but it incorrectly i.d.s a big wig as a terrorist fronting at a funeral in the MidEast.  Turns out it was just Skandery visiting and attending the legit funeral, but instead the computers data led the Bush chiefs to blow away the whole procession, like 30 in all.  'Boofs twin brother works in the same room as supercomputer, in fact he helps maintain it.  When Boof Twin figures out the computer is going haywire, the computer (given some chicks name), senses BoofTwin has its number and has him taken out.  Then it hatches some huge plan to have 'Boof and Monaghan do its bidding.  That was a slightly interesting twist.  In the end two workers drain the liquid nitrogen coolant out of Supercomputer and stop it just before it blows the world to smithereens.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 10:14:45 AM by Reality »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 08:34:25 AM »
Okay since thankfully no one is going to Eagle Eye, the voice you hear on the cell phone ordering Shia 'Boof and Monaghan what to do is......

FYI, put in a spoiler alert and put a bunch of space between the alert and the "spoils".  Some of us know how to use a DVD player and might catch it in two months at Block Buster. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 11:09:32 AM »
Anyone interested in seeing Rock Rolla?  I am a fan of a few of Guy Richie's movies and this looks to follow the same formula.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 11:53:33 AM »
nothing looks interesting out there right now....
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »
Anyone interested in seeing Rock Rolla?  I am a fan of a few of Guy Richie's movies and this looks to follow the same formula.

I want to see it because "Snatch" is one of my favorite movies, but I might wait until video anyway cause there are not any super SFX stuff.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

I want to see it because "Snatch" is one of my favorite movies, but I might wait until video anyway cause there are not any super SFX stuff.

Same here [Pikey]DOOG[/Pikey]. Though you may be right, I should probably just wait for it to come out to dvd.  With my Blu Ray player I'm slowly steering away from the movies and just waiting to watch it at home.  Much better to be on my own couch watching a blu ray dvd on my LCD then doing the whole movie thing IMO.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »

Same here [Pikey]DOOG[/Pikey]. Though you may be right, I should probably just wait for it to come out to dvd.  With my Blu Ray player I'm slowly steering away from the movies and just waiting to watch it at home.  Much better to be on my own couch watching a blu ray dvd on my LCD then doing the whole movie thing IMO.

I hate going to the movies, people take babies AND THEN REFUSE TO LEAVE THE THEATER WHEN THEY START CRYING!  Or, they have kids who don't knnow how to sit down and they bump your chair or hang on it.  man that gets me mad, people with ill behaved children.  then they act upset because YOU are telling them to get their child off you - or your kids - chair.  Hate that. 
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2008, 02:48:42 PM »
I hear you X3.   I always go to movies at the least crowded times.   I love going to a 9:30 showing on Sunday nights when there are maybe 6 other people in the theater.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »
AN Angel Heart remake?  Are you kidding me

This is just sad

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
I hate going to the movies, people take babies AND THEN REFUSE TO LEAVE THE THEATER WHEN THEY START CRYING!  Or, they have kids who don't knnow how to sit down and they bump your chair or hang on it.  man that gets me mad, people with ill behaved children.  then they act upset because YOU are telling them to get their child off you - or your kids - chair.  Hate that. 

Just act all "pervie" and parents will keep their kids away from you.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"