Author Topic: Marbury available for low cost  (Read 7042 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Marbury available for low cost
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:34 AM »
I still don't get what's so bad about Tony Parker.  Everything Marbury can do, Tony Parker can do.  Minus the headache, the need to dominate the ball, and the learning curve to be adjusted to the Spurs system.  Not to mention Tony Parker is a better team defender then Marbury ever has and ever will be.

Reality every off season you want to make drastic changes to the Spurs line up and every season they are contenders.  The biggest team in the Spurs way in the WC is the Lakers.  Adding Stephon Marbury doesn't give them an advantage they don't already have at that position.  Why bother?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 09:41:15 AM »
B-Rad,
the position is back up point guard. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2008, 10:13:46 AM »
B-Rad,
the position is back up point guard. 

For 5 minutes a game?  DO YOU believe that Mr. I am the greatest PG of all time wants to take such a back back seat?  He will be a pain in the rear end if he doesn't get a lot of minutes so that is why I am talking the way I am.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2008, 10:40:11 AM »
I've got my hands on Kobes money for sure. ;)
BarrelFish
And the Knicks did exactly what when Marbury was there?  Make first round exists?

And the Lakers did what exactly in the same 2005-6?  ;)

Again, wipe your mouth cause you have Kobe juices dripping down.  Exaclty how many TEAMS didn't make the playoffs or made 1st round exits in that same year?  OWNED!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »
For 5 minutes a game?  DO YOU believe that Mr. I am the greatest PG of all time wants to take such a back back seat?  He will be a pain in the rear end if he doesn't get a lot of minutes so that is why I am talking the way I am.

Honestly WK, do you really think he can understand that?  Do you really think Moronity understands that for the 43 minutes he's supposed  to be a good team mate sitting on the bench?  He'll be slamming the Spurs on ESPN 10 games into the season for not playing him.  The Spurs are too smart to even consider bringing this moron into the organization.  If Stephon could not work with the greatest team mate in the league, KG, then how will he function with the softspoken guys on the Spurs roster? 

IMO real fans understand that, Spurs fans in particular.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2008, 11:06:50 AM »

Honestly WK, do you really think he can understand that?  Do you really think Moronity understands that for the 43 minutes he's supposed  to be a good team mate sitting on the bench?  He'll be slamming the Spurs on ESPN 10 games into the season for not playing him.  The Spurs are too smart to even consider bringing this moron into the organization.  If Stephon could not work with the greatest team mate in the league, KG, then how will he function with the softspoken guys on the Spurs roster? 

IMO real fans understand that, Spurs fans in particular.

I honestly believe he can understand it because....it's really simple.  The guy has been a pain in the rear on 4 teams and is not a winner.  He really couldn't be any further then the type of players the Spurs organization goes after.  The organization is considered classy for a reason.  Certainly it's not because they just pick ANYONE to suit up.

But I guess this is all pointless now.  I saw on ESPN that Stephon Marbury is showing up to the Knicks training camp.  To make matters worse so is Alan Houston.

jemagee

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
The organization is considered classy for a reason.

Flopping IS known as one of the classiest moves in all of basketball

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2008, 12:00:22 PM »

Then I respectfully submit the 1990 to 1999 Lakers, aka the Vlade years, as one of the classiest NBA organizations off all time.  They are 2nd only to the Cristie/Vlade dynasty, aka King of Kings years.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2008, 12:06:26 PM »

As if the Spurs are the only team that flops!??!  Every team flops.  Not every team has quality individuals who are anchors in the community and stay out of legal trouble year after year after year.

When is the last time a Spurs shot up a strip club (Yes Stephen Jackson WAS a Spur but never was off the handle in the grey), commited adultery while on the road with a hotel worker, got a busted with drugs, beat up their baby momma, or any of the typical NBA junk over the past 4-5 years.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:09:40 PM by westkoast »

jemagee

« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »
As if the Spurs are the only team that flops!??!  Every team flops.  Not every team has quality individuals who are anchors in the community and stay out of legal trouble year after year after year.

MANY MANY teams have individuals who are 'anchors' in the community and stay out of legal trouble year after year.

The Spurs may be the 'class' of the NBA or they just got fracking lucky when the ball bounce went their way and they landed Tim Duncan.  Ball bounce the other way, the sixers pair Allen Iverson with Tim Duncan and many many titles reside in Philadelphia.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:31 PM »

MANY MANY teams have individuals who are 'anchors' in the community and stay out of legal trouble year after year.

The Spurs may be the 'class' of the NBA or they just got fracking lucky when the ball bounce went their way and they landed Tim Duncan.  Ball bounce the other way, the sixers pair Allen Iverson with Tim Duncan and many many titles reside in Philadelphia.

MANY MANY?  Like who?

The following teams have someone who has got themselves into trouble in the last few years:

Lakers
Clippers
Sixers
Knicks
Rockets
Kings
Pacers
Warriors
Nuggets
Wizards
Hawks
Mavericks
Cavs
Celtics

Should I keep going?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:23:14 PM by westkoast »

jemagee

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2008, 12:24:11 PM »
Man, are all Spurs fans so dreadfully uptight and convinced that their poo don't stink?

Seroiusly, this will only make the spurs inevitable (and imminent) fall to mediocrity and possibly worse more enjoyable to watch.

Not as enjoyable as watching ANY new york team suck, but still, worth while and fun.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2008, 12:25:27 PM »
Man, are all Spurs fans so dreadfully uptight and convinced that their poo don't stink?

Seroiusly, this will only make the spurs inevitable (and imminent) fall to mediocrity and possibly worse more enjoyable to watch.

Not as enjoyable as watching ANY new york team suck, but still, worth while and fun.

Earth to Jemagee...I am a Lakers fan.  Maybe my name referencing where I live threw you off.  Or maybe the avatar that says iRep that is a clear Lakers reference.   I just call it how I see it. 

Year after year after year the Spurs do a lot of good in their community (as do all teams) but they also don't have guys getting possesion tickets (laundry list here but Marcus Camby, AI come to mind), DUIs (Melo and Z in Cleveland), hanging out with known thugs (Melo and T-Mac all have shown up on videos with guys flashing guns and talking big), getting into trouble with females (Kobe, Kidd), being caught with illegal weapons (Leonard, Gilbert Arenas)...seriously the list goes on and on.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 12:31:25 PM by westkoast »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2008, 12:44:15 PM »
Marbury's head would explode if he had to follow Pop's system..We got enough scrubs this summer, we don't need one more.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2008, 02:24:38 PM »

I flogging knew it!  westkoad, or should I say WEAKkoast, you're just another tosser closet Spurs fan!  Turn in your "Dynasty" card ASAP; you punk arse O.C.P. bee-yotch!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"