Author Topic: Marbury available for low cost  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Marbury available for low cost
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »
Man, are all Spurs fans so dreadfully uptight and convinced that their poo don't stink?

Seroiusly, this will only make the spurs inevitable (and imminent) fall to mediocrity and possibly worse more enjoyable to watch.

Not as enjoyable as watching ANY new york team suck, but still, worth while and fun.

I flogging knew it!  westkoad, or should I say WEAKkoast, you're just another tosser closet Spurs fan!  Turn in your "Dynasty" card ASAP; you punk arse O.C.P. bee-yotch!

Makes you wonder why koast & reality don't swap seats on the bandwagons.    ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2008, 02:46:45 PM »
Man, are all Spurs fans so dreadfully uptight and convinced that their poo don't stink?

Seroiusly, this will only make the spurs inevitable (and imminent) fall to mediocrity and possibly worse more enjoyable to watch.

Not as enjoyable as watching ANY new york team suck, but still, worth while and fun.

I flogging knew it!  westkoad, or should I say WEAKkoast, you're just another tosser closet Spurs fan!  Turn in your "Dynasty" card ASAP; you punk arse O.C.P. bee-yotch!

It's true Reality likes Kobe Bryant even more then I do! 

If you guys want I can easily go into FanHome-Laker fan mode.  It's really a lot easier to NOT be objective when it comes to anything related to non-Laker teams.  Plus who jumps on bandwagons of teams that won't make it out of the Western Conference again this year?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 03:43:46 PM »

It's true Reality likes Kobe Bryant even more then I do! 

If you guys want I can easily go into FanHome-Laker fan mode.  It's really a lot easier to NOT be objective when it comes to anything related to non-Laker teams.  Plus who jumps on bandwagons of teams that won't make it out of the Western Conference again this year?

we need another robinson like back injury this year to get us into the lottery... :P  j/k.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »

Stay calm Spurs Sheep, for i will lead you.

jemagee

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:39 AM »
And now it seems like Marbury might not get the buy out

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 10:02:34 AM »
Hmmn mixed news.....He won't take a penny less then his 21 million owed (lame IMO, shows he's not really that interested in going to a contender), however he will donate his new contract.  Nice.

Would he be willing to be a backup?
"I'm not coming off the bench here in New York," Marbury said.  (But he will elsewhere?)

Nor is he willing to take less than the $21.9 million if approached about a buyout. Nevertheless, Marbury said he would donate any new contract money to charity.
"Why is (a buyout) even an issue," Marbury said. "It's my contract. I earned it. I wouldn't take a penny less."

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 10:17:11 AM »
Hmmn mixed news.....He won't take a penny less then his 21 million owed (lame IMO, shows he's not really that interested in going to a contender), however he will donate his new contract.  Nice.

Would he be willing to be a backup?
"I'm not coming off the bench here in New York," Marbury said.  (But he will elsewhere?)

Nor is he willing to take less than the $21.9 million if approached about a buyout. Nevertheless, Marbury said he would donate any new contract money to charity.
"Why is (a buyout) even an issue," Marbury said. "It's my contract. I earned it. I wouldn't take a penny less."

He didn't earn it LOL

jemagee

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 10:42:35 AM »
He didn't earn it LOL

You could say that about probably half the NBA players...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 10:40:56 AM »
Welcome to the latest installment of  "YOU DONT JUST RANDOMLY PLUG IN PLAYERS INTO A GOOD SYSTEM"

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/73893?cnn=yes

I must be Nostradamus huh?  I believe I said to you (Reality) that he would not want to come off the bench.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »
"It's the coach's choice. It's his team and you've got to do what he says to do."

Surely the Great Lord Poppycock could convince him it's best for he and the Spurs to come off the bench.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2008, 04:05:22 PM »
"It's the coach's choice. It's his team and you've got to do what he says to do."

Surely the Great Lord Poppycock could convince him it's best for he and the Spurs to come off the bench.

Actions speak louder than words.  And Marbury's actions do not back up his words.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 05:12:27 PM »

Surely Marbury has shown he practices what he preaches right?  I mean he listened to Larry Brown...er I mean Isiah...er I mean Flip Saunders...er hmmm I give up.  He never once has done what the coach wanted him to do for an entire season.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
This is b.s.  I agree with you guys 100% if this is the attitude Starbury has copped and he is not willing to move off it.
He should leap at a chance to join the Spurs and Timmy Dunker for legit #5.

Marbury has been steadfast in his statements that he would not accept a reduction in his salary through a buyout, and he used his favorite non-answer -- "Next question" -- when he was asked whether he'd accept 99 percent of his salary to walk away.

"I signed the contract, and in the contract it says this is how much money I'm going to make this year," he said.

jemagee

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2008, 01:22:22 PM »
Quick - raise your hand if you'd be willing to get fired and take less money than your boss said he paid you when you got fired.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2009, 09:32:06 AM »
The spoutings of W.O.Wkoast and to a lesser extent Lurker:
For 5 minutes a game?  DO YOU believe that Mr. I am the greatest PG of all time wants to take such a back back seat?  He will be a pain in the rear end if he doesn't get a lot of minutes so that is why I am talking the way I am.

Honestly WK, do you really think he can understand that?  Do you really think Moronity understands that for the 43 minutes he's supposed  to be a good team mate sitting on the bench?  He'll be slamming the Spurs on ESPN 10 games into the season for not playing him.  The Spurs are too smart to even consider bringing this moron into the organization.  If Stephon could not work with the greatest team mate in the league, KG, then how will he function with the softspoken guys on the Spurs roster? 

IMO real fans understand that, Spurs fans in particular.
vs what actually occured:

Marbury scoring all of his 12 points in the final quarter to help Boston rally from a 14-point deficit and beat the Orlando Magic 92-88.

"Stephon Marbury led the charge in the second half, and made some things happen, and that energy fed me," said Big Baby Davis, who hit the buzzer-beater to win Game 4 on Sunday. "Things weren't going right, and we're looking for an answer. ... You help others, and motivate others, and that's what Stephon Marbury did and that's what we all did."

Marbury joined the Celtics at the end of February after a season-long feud with New York Knicks management earned him his long-awaited release. He saw limited playing time as the backup point guard in Boston, never making as many as five baskets in a game until a six-minute span at the start of the fourth quarter on Tuesday night.

Then he went back to the bench.

"He's been great for us. He just hangs in there, keeps working every day. He's been very patient," Celtics coach Doc Rivers said. "This is tough for him. He's never been taken out to put starters in. That's always been him going in, and he's been able to handle it well and be a great teammate. So, I'm just happy for him."