Author Topic: Josh Howard smokes himself retarded this off-season  (Read 3573 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Josh Howard smokes himself retarded this off-season
« on: September 17, 2008, 10:52:18 AM »
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba?cnn=yes

Step away from the bong Josh, step away from the bong.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Josh Howard smokes himself retarded this off-season
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »
Yes

Josh Howard is the only NBA player who gets high a lot.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 11:09:23 AM »
Yes

Most of them get high (80% according to Charles Oakley) but not since Isiah Rider has someone smoked themselves retarded like this.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 11:13:31 AM »
Yes

Most of them get high (80% according to Charles Oakley) but not since Isiah Rider has someone smoked themselves retarded like this.

Publicly

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:34 PM »
Note that this issue has nothing to do (directly) with smoking, so it's a little pointless of a debate.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 04:51:25 PM »
Note that this issue has nothing to do (directly) with smoking, so it's a little pointless of a debate.

Exactly, let's not give marijuana a bad name just because Josh Howard is an idiot. 

That's great, Josh, you have a lot to be pissed at with America.  Let's see, full ride to college and a multi millionaire because you can put a ball through a hoop.  Yeah, this country has been horrible to you, jackarse!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 05:01:54 PM »
The title was a joke guys, jesus.

Offline msc

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 05:06:19 PM »
I know westkoast, I'm just more inclined to stand up for marijuana than Josh Howard.  8) 

I used to think he was a fine young talent, now he just appears to be an average talent jerkoff. 

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 05:13:01 PM »
I know westkoast, I'm just more inclined to stand up for marijuana than Josh Howard.  8) 

I used to think he was a fine young talent, now he just appears to be an average talent jerkoff. 

I was actually a fan of his all the way up until today when I read this.  I really don't care if he smokes marijuana in his free time.  Though I do have an issue with a guy who's had a better life then 99% of the people on planet earth thanks to America wants to act like it's such a bad place to live.

How a pro athlete can crap on America when it's the very fact American's put athletes on such high pedestals that gave them the life they enjoy is beyond me.  Maybe Josh Howard would rather live in a war torn country or maybe a country that makes less as a whole then he does in a season?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »

WOO HOO!!!

:D
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 06:42:51 PM »
While i do think the marijuana punishment laws are silly and cruel, do you not find heavy use or (light but repeated use) to be dangerous?  As in killing brain cells?

I have inhaled, and we all know how uber smart i turned out to be.
Still, don't you young and older ones find it to be dangerous at all?

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 06:47:17 PM »
While i do think the marijuana punishment laws are silly and cruel, do you not find heavy use or (light but repeated use) to be dangerous?  As in killing brain cells?

Wha man?  i..wait, not now, I'm typing...what were we talking about?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 07:04:51 PM »

I have never gotten the hook that other people seem to get from it.  I have not had it in a while, a long while actually. I dont understand how people have to smoke it every day.  I can't say I am against allowing small amounts being ok to be carried or used.  I also agree with lowering the drinking age to slow binge drinking as well...but that's just me i guess.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
The worst thing about Pot is that using it can get you arrested and jailed.  It is unfortunate that it is illegal, since it interferes with studies to determine if the drug is in fact, harmful.

If you smoke it like tobacco, for example, is there any indication of it causing cancer?

Whether you use or not, not being able to make an informed choice is a problem.

From a legal perspective, there is no apparent justifiable reason to prosecute people for using it.  If you like investing in jails, however, making up reasons to put people in jail makes good sense!

From an economic perspective, legalization and regulation could turn it into a huge boost for the economy.  Not only do you save on all the salaries for law enforcement, DEA, attorney fees and jail operations, you also get a new revenue source, taxing the sale of the substance.  You also stop the flow of cash out of the US to the foreign growers, and put a lot of drug dealers out of business.  It might even stop users from being exposed to other, more problematic drugs.  And of course you create a new cash crop for farmers!  I don't have any idea of the numbers, but it is possible that it might add a significant economic boost to the US if it changes it's laws.

One thing seems apparent... you don't hear about marijuana causing car accidents like you do with alcohol.

Even so, Josh's honest admission still haunts him.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »

Dangerous in killing brain cells? Hasn't really been proven to do damage like that.  I know people who have drank for 20 years and they are not mentally retarded.  Along the same lines with marijuana...

I don't see it as dangerous if used by adults responsibly at all.  The fact that people are okay with alcohol but are worried about the 'dangers' of marijuana is exactly what the problem is.  People are still uneducated to the fact that well, it a hell of a lot safer then alcohol.  A thousand times safer.  All the things alcohol brings like car accidents, abuse, severe damage to multiple internal organs, and even death is minimal compared to what negative situations marijuana brings around.   Marijuana is no angel slash wonder drug but certainly it is much safer and more useful then alcohol is.  For teenagers (and basketball players with the initials J and H, I joke I joke)  I think it can cause a number of problems if it gets out of hand.  That's why I say it's fine with responsible adults.  I'd go as far to say I rather have people going out to get stoned at a bar on Friday and Saturday night then going to a regular bar and driving around.  Just my take on it.

People have addictive personalities regardless if marijuana was legal or not so I don't see what the problem is.  That is why there are plenty of drunks, prescription pill poppers, cigarette smokers, sex addicts,  etc running around.  Sell it, tax it, and knock off this failed portion of the war on drugs.  Or shift the resources spent on marijuana to meth addicts.  A drug that is REALLY ruining lives all over this country.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:32:08 PM by westkoast »