Author Topic: As A Spurs fan I like the seedings  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
As A Spurs fan I like the seedings
« on: April 12, 2004, 09:34:42 AM »
Minny #1...Lakers #4.  Spurs have homecourt in second round vs Kings.  Sets up a potential Spurs-Lakers WCF.

Good way for the standings to finish out.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004, 09:58:22 AM »
As long as the Mavs don't end up the #5 seed I like the seedings as well.  It would have been nice to have homecourt throughout the WC playoffs.  The #3 seed doesn't look as sweet with the Mavs at #6.  Wouldn't want to run that gauntlet considering the Mavs style of play, then again the Grizz play that same way and throw waves of players at you.

Lakers have the tie breaker over the Spurs correct?

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 11:23:16 AM »
In the unlikely event MN drops a game and Spursies go 2-0.  WooHoo!

Yes the Lakers do have the tiebreaker over the Spurs.  As do the Kings vs the Spurs at present.  

Vs Clips last night the Spurs hardly made it a sure thing until 2 minutes left in game.  As it stands Spurs go 2-0 and they are in fo shore at #3 or #1 if MN chokes.

LA would certainly be remiss to have SAC or SAS lose a game only to have the Lakers themselves in turn drop another game :lol: .

Don't know why you think Memph would be much better to face then Dal....  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 01:47:49 PM »
Rather see Mem than Dallas in the first round.....this team looks good but will have a rude awakening when the playoffs come.  The 7 game series in the first round favors the teams with big men.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 02:14:55 PM »
Rather see Mem than Dallas in the first round.....this team looks good but will have a rude awakening when the playoffs come.  The 7 game series in the first round favors the teams with big men.
Exactly.  Memphis will see teams that are focused each and every game in the playoffs.  They might be good enough to win one game against the big guns but I doubt it.

Dallas is such a match-up nightmare, they are a very dangerous team.  The Lakers are thier biggest nemesis yet they have a better shot at beating the Lakers than they have vs. Kings or Spurs.  Lakers just cannot match-up against their small lineup while the Spurs and Kings can hold thier own vs. the Dallas in a game of "small ball".  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 03:43:03 PM »
Rather see Mem than Dallas in the first round.....this team looks good but will have a rude awakening when the playoffs come.  The 7 game series in the first round favors the teams with big men.
Exactly.  Memphis will see teams that are focused each and every game in the playoffs.  They might be good enough to win one game against the big guns but I doubt it.

Dallas is such a match-up nightmare, they are a very dangerous team.  The Lakers are thier biggest nemesis yet they have a better shot at beating the Lakers than they have vs. Kings or Spurs.  Lakers just cannot match-up against their small lineup while the Spurs and Kings can hold thier own vs. the Dallas in a game of "small ball".
i would worry about playing dallas in the first round.  Nelson is a nightmare coach.  just wait until you see the last 2:00 of a game stretched out to 15:00 and anexhibition in getting to the free throw line......man i hate beating dallas sometimes because you have to sit through all that crap...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.