Author Topic: Some Q and A with SuperManu  (Read 3309 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Some Q and A with SuperManu
« on: September 04, 2008, 01:48:22 AM »
Something for everyone, including of course the Laker posters.

Gonzaspurs
- How is your relationship with the Spurs, the FO, the coach after the Olympics?

It is going very well so far. I have been talking with Pop a lot and it?s everything set. We will see further ahead how it develops.

Cc
- Now a question about home; do you squeeze the toothpaste tube in the middle? Do you leave your clothes on the floor after you take your showers?

I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle a couple of days and then from the bottom, with my wife we have different toothpastes. I leave my clothing in the floor in the bathroom and yes? it gives me some trouble

carina_ginomania
I saw the WOAI video of your arrival in SA. You looked surprised to see Pop. What did you guys talk about during the ride trip back home?
About lots of things. It was a 25? ride so there was plenty of time for different topics. From the Olympics, to the team, to a bit of everything? cool as always.

Are there any updates on your injury? What you need to do, and how long the rehab will take... Anyway, I pray that whatever step you have to take for it to heal, it will be successful and you will be healthy in no time.
I guess it was in the news enough. Arthoscopy this next week and the rehab times are uncertain, yet. Thanks a lot.

I saw Many amongst the Argentine fans watching the games. Did your parents and brothers go to Beijing, too?
My brothers couldn?t go, but my parents were there enjoying everything.

I sent you a bunch of ambigrams (one of them was manu&many) and sketches a month ago. Have you seen them yet?
Yes I did. I wasn?t surprised since I saw a couple from you before, but Many loved it.

AGU
- In the previous Olympics there was an award for the MVP but not on this one? Why?

There used to be no distinctions in the Olympics but after Athens the international media voted for MVP and starting 5, this year they didn?t do it again. It seems I had great timing on that aspect.

- A personal question; did you keep the t-shirt I gave you in Madrid or it was lost with the bags?

The T-Shirt is there! It appeared in one of the bags that were lost temporarily.

juli_millo
- What is your opinion about the referees on the Games? I still remember how Sconochini was fouled in the 2002 final against Yugoslavia

It wasn?t bad? undoubtedly for us better than in 2002. nothing to complain

Romy_013
- What was the most notorious thing for you about the games in Beijing?

The stadiums were a masterpiece. The Olympic Village was also much better than the one in Athens

nicovala_05
- How is living in the Olympic Village; what important athletes were you able to meer? Which one you would have liked to, is it true that an Argentine was with Isinbayeva?

The experience on the Village is unique and incomparable. One of the main reasons why I wanted to be there. You live very differently from any other championship. I love it. I am not very trendy so I hung around with all the argentine athletes and not much. No idea if the Argentine hooked up with Isinbayeba.

ge
- Do you see the messages we leave you the less frequent posters or it?s in vain to do it there?

In vain? I get very very very much of those and I have stopped reading them for a while now. That?s why I am doing this more often so you can ask and comment on here.

gus42
- Manu I love seeing play in the NBA? but seeing you with the white and blue is deeply emotional. What things make you think to keep playing with it and what makes you feel you should leave it?

I enjoy playing with the NT and most of all with the guys on the team. An Olympic game is truly unique. What makes you think leaving it is your body that every times feels it more and more family and friends.

maisonna
- We saw Argentina do a great defense throughout the tournament. Was the offense a little weaker than previous tournaments?

In my opinion we did not defend as good as we can. One always emphasizes on Defense, it goes beyond you can provide in offense.

Sid Chirolettez
- About the food in the games; were the meals normal? Or there were weird typical Chinese dishes? Did you try something weird?

The food was good, there was a Mediterranean sector, another one international, another one Asian and other for salads and that kind of stuff. Ididn;t eat anything weird in China. Many and her mom ate scorpion and my mother and father ate snake (they found that it was that later)

florencia_arg
- What is your favorite color?

Fucsia (light Purple/Pink)

Actual Spurs logo of years ago ^^^^

- What size of T-Shirt do you wear?

XLT.

Francisco
- With What NBA player would you like to Play?

Scola or Nocioni

Jokinen
- Are you in touch with Walter Hermann? Do you think he may come back to the NT?

I am not in touch with Walter very often; we talk when we face each other, but I don?t think he?ll be back with the NT. I?ll ask him if I get the chance maybe he is feeling like doing it again.

- Three positive and negative things about playing these Olympics

There are 100000 positive and zero negative? bah! Maybe this situation overall it?s a little unfortunate, but I think it would have been the same if I didn?t play.

Fernando
- Apart from the press, you can tell the fans love you there in San Antonio? how do you think that you will be received after your injury?

With lots of affection as they have always done. I have no doubts. If they don?t do it I?ll do the impossible to get that back once I get back to the court.

luquita500
- How do you see the Spurs for this season, almost all player movement is done.

I answered this before. I think we have the same chances as every year, therefore, very good ones.

oto?o
- How old would you like to be when you retire from playing Basketball and enjoy with family all what you have won?

Tough to answer, if I have to pick a date I would say that I?d like to finish at 36? but who knows?. It depends on many things?

guadalupe
- Is it true that you are writing your auto biography?
No, I am not writing it but maybe one day I will. There is time

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some Q and A with SuperManu
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 08:58:04 AM »
I got as far as "how do you squeeze your tooth paste" and gave up.  Seems like super fans of Manu all share one thing in common.......
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 09:25:47 AM »
I got as far as "how do you squeeze your tooth paste" and gave up.  Seems like super fans of Manu all share one thing in common.......

Maybe if Reality would haver indicated that this was translated from Spanish and is an Argentian based interview then you would understand more.  But then as a typical American you are shortsighted on the world view of things.

P.S.  I am still trying to figure out how anything in the interview pertains to the Lakers...but then that might entail understanding how Reality's mind works.  And I would probably be able to figure out how a woman's mind works more quickly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:29:09 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

Maybe if Reality would haver indicated that this was translated from Spanish and is an Argentian based interview then you would understand more.  But then as a typical American you are shortsighted on the world view of things.

P.S.  I am still trying to figure out how anything in the interview pertains to the Lakers...but then that might entail understanding how Reality's mind works. 
Marketing is not your strong suit.  You, WoWser and the rest of the Lakers didn't even grasp the importance of Kobe in China.

Lurker And I would probably be able to figure out how a woman's mind works more quickly.
That's gonna take some time.  But I'm wiling to work with you on how their minds work.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 11:14:13 AM »

I knew it was translated.   I just couldn't bother to read any other questions after reading a question asking him how he takes the tooth paste out of his tube.  Just because its from a foreign country doesn't automatically mean the questions make me care about the interview.

P.S.  I am still trying to figure out how anything in the interview pertains to the Lakers...but then that might entail understanding how Reality's mind works.  And I would probably be able to figure out how a woman's mind works more quickly.

Clearly Kobe doesn't empty his tooth paste out the right way and that's why he has a foul mouth.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 11:41:18 AM »
Marketing is not your strong suit.  You, WoWser and the rest of the Lakers didn't even grasp the importance of Kobe in China.

Anyone who watched the games in China knows about Kobe's appeal in that country and how it could be used. 

Please point out where in article there is a reference to that or anything Lakers. 
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »

The translation had nothing to do with stupidity of the tooth paste question.

Reality sees Kobe and the Lakers everywhere.  I'm sure he thinks he found a reference to Kobe and the Lakers in Palin's acceptance speach.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 11:49:44 AM »

No but foreign athletes are held in very high esteem by their countrymen.  To them it is as important a question as the names of Bradjelina's kids are to Americans.  So some Argentian gossip rag prints an article with asinine questions. 

Was it important to know how big of a diamond Kobe bought for his wife after not cheating on her in Colorado?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 12:03:34 PM »
bradjelina's kids are to Americans.  So some Argentian gossip rag prints an article with asinine questions. 

Was it important to know how big of a diamond Kobe bought for his wife after not cheating on her in Colorado?

Yea because it told us just how much trouble he was actually in with his wife LOL

I finally went back and read the whole thing.  I think it is kinda cool that Manu keeps and knows what fans give him.

Oh ya...Reality did you notice what Manu said on why they did poor this year in international play?  DEFENSE.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

No but foreign athletes are held in very high esteem by their countrymen.  To them it is as important a question as the names of Bradjelina's kids are to Americans.  So some Argentian gossip rag prints an article with asinine questions. 

nice ownage Lurker.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 12:39:27 PM »

No, it was not important, it was stupid.  Just like the tooth paste question was stupid.  Understand?  It's not about the player or his team affiliation, it's about stupid.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 12:40:37 PM »
nice ownage Lurker.

Please point out the Kobe/Laker reference in the article.

You've just been owned three times in this thread twisty. 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 01:23:56 PM »

No, it was not important, it was stupid.  Just like the tooth paste question was stupid.  Understand?  It's not about the player or his team affiliation, it's about stupid.

I won't argue about the stupidity level of the common person.  I was just pointing out that when taken in context of the publication that this isn't any more stupid or outrageous than 90+% of America with their fawning over "stars".  How else do you explain public's infatuation with Brittany's panty wearing habits?
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2008, 03:16:22 PM »

I won't argue about the stupidity level of the common person.  I was just pointing out that when taken in context of the publication that this isn't any more stupid or outrageous than 90+% of America with their fawning over "stars".  How else do you explain public's infatuation with Brittany's panty wearing habits?

Which explanation do you want? 

The conspiracy theory explanation: The powers that be are purposely making this news to keep our minds distracted from things such as the war.

16 year old boy explanation:  Hot girls rock

Women who are upset with their looks and age:  Love to trash someone younger and more attractive because it makes them feel better when they leave the mirror

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
Oh ya...Reality did you notice what Manu said on why they did poor this year in international play?  DEFENSE.
Yes i read the whole blog and some of the RealSpurs who intereact with GNob are my homies.
I'm assuming there is a point to your posting this.
Are you still trying to propulgate the DEFENSE ALONE wins championships and using Manus quote as more ammo?
Fail.