Author Topic: Scoop Jackson Strikes Again  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Scoop Jackson Strikes Again
« on: August 26, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jackson/080826

I have never seen a talentless, brainless, pointless writer hang around as long as this guy has. There's only one reason ESPN keeps this guy around. I know everybody's thinking it. I'm going to say it. I'm going Rush Limbaugh on this stooge. If Scoop Jackson weren't short and skinny and unathletic, people would see his talent for what it is, very average.

R.I.P. Ralph Wiley. I miss you now more than ever.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 11:14:49 AM by Ted »
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Scoop Jackson Strikes Again
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
Said it many times before.  He is a really poor shock jock slash sports journalist.  I've done a good job of avoiding a lot of his articles over the last few years.  When I do read what he has to say I think to myself "no way he even believes what he is saying"   

USA basketball didn't lose things over the last 16 years.  The rest of the world gained a lot of ground and have really taken to the sport.  Moreso then any other sport outside of Futbol.  Baseball and football have not even taken off that big internationally.  Generally when you have billions of people interested in a game talent will start to pop up as more people try to play.    I don't know why Scoop feels the need to act like basketball needs to be this little American secret.  As if the NBA and the American viewing audience has not got a better product due to guys like Dirk, Manu, Gasol, Parker, AK-47, etc, etc.  Basketball as a whole gained a lot by the rest of the world improving their play/players.  Why that is not being written about instead of have we "lost" I don't know.  Guess one has more shock value.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 09:04:02 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

Re: Scoop Jackson Strikes Again
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 08:35:38 AM »
It's not like scoop jackson is the ONLY talentless hack working at ESPN, it seems to me that basketball has the highest percentage of talentless putzes working for them compared to the other sports