Author Topic: Pro Bowl caliber linebacker wanted: Chargers  (Read 5564 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pro Bowl caliber linebacker wanted: Chargers
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 08:13:37 PM »
Anyone who bad mouths LA fans obviously hasn't been to many Dodger, Raider, or Laker games in the past 20-30 years heh

Now ill agree we have a lot of bandwagoners....but we also have the 2nd most people in the entire United States.  People forget New York fans are HUGE bandwagon fans as well.  Not because they dont have die hard fans but because there is just so many peopel who jump on board that live int he area.

Even durring the 3-peat years the Laker home games were not exactly packed at tip off.  The away games on the jumbo tron were way better.  Too bad a few idiots have caused that to be pretty much shut down.  It's just too expensive for most die-hards to afford to go to the games.  If you've got money in LA there are probably 100 other things to do EVERY game night.

Actually, it probablly has much more to do with rapid transit. Eastern cities are just geared for fans to make it to the arenas, stadiums, and playing fields without also shilling out for gas and parking. Not to mention the time it would take for drivers in LA to get to the games. Hoping on a train that drops you off at the park or arena is just way too easy for die-hard fans to pass up. 

I didn't think about that.  Good point.  Yankee stadium has a train that runs right up to it.  I believe the same goes for Boston's field as well.  This is a common thing you will hear out here "I was going to go to the game but I wasn't able to get off work in time to sit in traffic to get to the game"  Toss in what WOW is saying about the cost and that probably explains it.

I have taken the Muni to see the Giants play and BART to see the A's and Raiders play. I would not have gone to see any of these games if I had driven.

Golden State has a strong fan following for that reason.  A few friends of mine who go to Berkeley will just jump on the BART last minute to go see the Warriors play.  A big part of why they go so often is because it is really convent and a certain amount of students are let in for free for each home game.

W.O.W I think you are mistaken about sell out games for the Lakers during there championship runs.  They sold that place out solid for real long.  That year they had Payton and Malone it was packed to the brim every night.  It was also a real pain to get any decent tickets.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 12:05:49 AM »
W.O.W I think you are mistaken about sell out games for the Lakers during there championship runs.  They sold that place out solid for real long.  That year they had Payton and Malone it was packed to the brim every night.  It was also a real pain to get any decent tickets.
he's mistaken on many things re Lakerdom.  But, I'm always willing to help.
2004 Lakers vs Spurs regular season tickets were harder to get then 2003 Lakers vs Spurs playoff tickets.  Per Lakers ticket marketing. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:51 AM »

You are mistaken about what I said, re-read my post.  I said the place is not full at TIP OFF.  I am not saying they don't sell out, I'm saying the fans don't get there by TIP OFF.  Big difference.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 09:16:58 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 08:45:36 AM »
2004 Lakers vs Spurs regular season tickets were harder to get then 2003 Lakers vs Spurs playoff tickets.  Per Lakers ticket marketing. 

Read my response to wk, you might get a clue!  ::)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 09:09:53 AM »

Read my response to wk, you might get a clue!  ::)

Wouldn't that be one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 11:34:05 AM »
Wouldn't that be one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Not really, sometimes a 6 year old hacks into Reality's account and makes some sense. 

Reality thought he had a point to make about getting tickets to Lakers games but he COMPLETELY missed the point.  Poor little tard, he can't help getting OWNED!  PWND is more like it actually. 

Maybe we should post in "box score" form so he can at least throw numbers out there and try and look like he has the slightest clue.  DaBods, can you set that up?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 11:44:08 AM »

You are mistaken about what I said, re-read my post.  I said the place is not full at TIP OFF.  I am not saying they don't sell out, I'm saying the fans don't get there by TIP OFF.  Big difference.

We already talked about this with Jomal....that point is pretty irrelevant don't ya think?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 12:26:41 PM »
We already talked about this with Jomal....that point is pretty irrelevant don't ya think?

If the point was irrelevant why did you say I was wrong about it then?  You can't entirely MISS the point, call me out on the MISSED point, then say it's irrelevant.  What kind of RealityBS is that?  And NO you have not discussed "sell outs" (wrong point) with JoMal since making your comment.

The point was the caliber of fans on the WC, LA in particular.  When the Lakers were dominating the league the fans holding tickets couldn't even make it to a 7:30 p.m. tip off on time.  IMO those are not die-hard fans like the one's that show up 45 minutes before a tip-off of an AWAY game that is being shown on the Jumbo-Tron in the same traffic and congestion.  That is the point.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 12:32:44 PM »

If the point was irrelevant why did you say I was wrong about it then?  You can't entirely MISS the point, call me out on the MISSED point, then say it's irrelevant.  What kind of RealityBS is that?  And NO you have not discussed "sell outs" (wrong point) with JoMal since making your comment.

I said you were wrong about what I misread as you saying that they were not filling up the seats at Staples center.  When you say not everyone is in there seat at tip....what does that matter?  You know it has more to do with traffic then anything else.

The point was the caliber of fans on the WC, LA in particular.  When the Lakers were dominating the league the fans holding tickets couldn't even make it to a 7:30 p.m. tip off on time.  IMO those are not die-hard fans like the one's that show up 45 minutes before a tip-off of an AWAY game that is being shown on the Jumbo-Tron in the same traffic and congestion.  That is the point.

I am a die hard fan.  Never a bandwagon jumper ala Reality.  And there are times when I have tickets that I get there after the tip.  Not because I don't care but because traffic on the 405/110 sucks if you get off work at say 6-6:30.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:28 PM »
Traffic on the 405 sucks on any day ending in y, at say 12AM to 11:59 PM

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »

I said you were wrong about what I misread as you saying that they were not filling up the seats at Staples center.  When you say not everyone is in there seat at tip....what does that matter?  You know it has more to do with traffic then anything else.
Thats some nice RealOwnage westkoast. ;)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 12:45:27 PM »

I said you were wrong about what I misread ....

All done here....

I am a die hard fan.  Never a bandwagon jumper ala Reality.  And there are times when I have tickets that I get there after the tip.  Not because I don't care but because traffic on the 405/110 sucks if you get off work at say 6-6:30.

Again you miss my point.  People manage to make tip offs durring the work week for "certain" games (Spurs/LeBron/etc..), why can't they make it for all game, let alone playoff games?  Because LA is not a die hard sports town, that's why.  Even on weekends, especially the Sunday games, the "sell out" crowds don't get there in time for the tip off. That is NOT die-hard.  If I was worried about making a tip-off I would leave work early (granted no emergencies going on), because I AM a die-hard fan.  Don't give me that "everyday is an emergency/I'm too important to leave work 1/2 hour early" BS.  Heck, I was at every tip-off for every crappy CLIPPERS game for two years, so you know I wouldn't miss a Lakers tip off.  I'll skip lunch, come in early, WHATEVER I need to do to get to the game on time.

Real die hard fans make excuse to GET there by tip-off NOT excuses on why they didn't make it to tip-off.  Most of those kinds of fans are in other towns.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »

I said you were wrong about what I misread ....

All done here....

Again you miss my point.  People manage to make tip offs durring the work week for "certain" games (Spurs/LeBron/etc..), why can't they make it for all game, let alone playoff games?  Because LA is not a die hard sports town, that's why.  Even on weekends, especially the Sunday games, the "sell out" crowds don't get there in time for the tip off. That is NOT die-hard.  If I was worried about making a tip-off I would leave work early (granted no emergencies going on), because I AM a die-hard fan.  Don't give me that "everyday is an emergency/I'm too important to leave work 1/2 hour early" BS.  Heck, I was at every tip-off for every crappy CLIPPERS game for two years, so you know I wouldn't miss a Lakers tip off.  I'll skip lunch, come in early, WHATEVER I need to do to get to the game on time.

Real die hard fans make excuse to GET there by tip-off NOT excuses on why they didn't make it to tip-off.  Most of those kinds of fans are in other towns.

You do realize that not everyone who has tickets to Laker games live in LA right?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »

Thats some nice RealOwnage westkoast. ;)

LOL, HE just admits he misread and you jump on the OWNAGE express.

You can't help stepping on your own dick can you?    :D
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2008, 12:49:40 PM »
You do realize that not everyone who has tickets to Laker games live in LA right?

No really? 

Did you realize the 1/2 hour buffer is not HARD CODED?  Sorry, I gave you credit for "Application" level of thinking, maybe that was a mistake.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"