Author Topic: interesting movies to look for....  (Read 2068 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

Re: interesting movies to look for....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »
DC almost got their movie properties right, but plans are for a darker superman because dark knight was successful.

Hollywood is getting so broing i think Transformers 2 is the only film on that list i have any interest in paying any money to see.

Bioshock most likely will suck, history is against it

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »
Transformers II is a lock for making big bucks even though it will be just a bland as Transformers I and rely completely on SFX.

Halo will be a major dud which is a bummer considering how much work went into the storyline of the game.  I hope it's at least decent not a total POS like Wing Commander.

Jurrasic Park IV?  WHY?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 10:05:00 AM »
Jurrasic Park IV?  WHY?

Like you said

Transformers II is a lock for making big bucks even though it will be just a bland as Transformers I and rely completely on SFX.

Actually the SFX budget on the first transformers was realtively small, they couldn't do all the stuff they wanted to do...as a kid who used to watch the cartoons every day after school, I enjoyed the movie...didn't even mind paying to see it on the full screen (as opposed to pirates 2 which was a sequel almost as bad as matrix reloaded)

Miyazaki has a new movie out dominating asia, i just hope they bring it over to the US soon

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
DC almost got their movie properties right, but plans are for a darker superman because dark knight was successful.

Hollywood is getting so broing i think Transformers 2 is the only film on that list i have any interest in paying any money to see.

Bioshock most likely will suck, history is against it

Transformers 2 and Nightmare are probably the only two I want to see.  Nightmare for the nostalgic vibe.  Transformers...well because its the only movie ive seen in the theaters in the last 2 years that made me get excited like a little kid/fan boy.

Bioshock and Halo are going to suck.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 10:46:07 AM »
Transformers 2 and Nightmare are probably the only two I want to see.  Nightmare for the nostalgic vibe.  Transformers...well because its the only movie ive seen in the theaters in the last 2 years that made me get excited like a little kid/fan boy.

I was excited while watching transformers because I was a fanboy, which means I probably overvalued the movie because of my past fanhood.  But I got the same excitement watching the dark knight (which I wasn't really a fanboy of, having never read the comics).  but that was genuine excitement on the quality of movie (or, at least, the quality of villain).
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 11:40:44 AM by Derek Bodner »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 11:08:19 AM »
I was excited while watching transformers 2 because I was a fanboy, which means I probably overvalued the movie because of my past fanhood.  But I got the same excitement watching the dark knight (which I wasn't really a fanboy of, having never read the comics).  but that was genuine excitement on the quality of movie (or, at least, the quality of villain).

Spoilers.......like it matters.............

I was totally pumped to go see The Dark Knight.  I thought it was ok and then when they captured the Joker I thought "that's it?  All this hype for this?  Not horrible but not 1/10 worth the hype!".   Anybody else get that feeling?  I was so surprised that the movie was just barely going at that point.  Joker was awesome from that point on, I couldn't believe the movie went in that direction, so dark, so sick and twisted.  Totally loved that movie even though I'm not a big fan of Bat Man.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 12:26:03 PM »
I was excited while watching transformers 2 because I was a fanboy, which means I probably overvalued the movie because of my past fanhood.  But I got the same excitement watching the dark knight (which I wasn't really a fanboy of, having never read the comics).  but that was genuine excitement on the quality of movie (or, at least, the quality of villain).

Spoilers.......like it matters.............

I was totally pumped to go see The Dark Knight.  I thought it was ok and then when they captured the Joker I thought "that's it?  All this hype for this?  Not horrible but not 1/10 worth the hype!".   Anybody else get that feeling?  I was so surprised that the movie was just barely going at that point.  Joker was awesome from that point on, I couldn't believe the movie went in that direction, so dark, so sick and twisted.  Totally loved that movie even though I'm not a big fan of Bat Man.

I loved that the joker lied to batman at the interrogation like that - he knew the dark knight would show up and had already set the ball rolling to send him to the wrong location...sweet...loved it.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 12:34:27 PM »
Did anybody else hear that when the entire explosion didn't happen at the hospital, and joker kept tapping on the detonator, that it was an actual malfunction and the scene was improvised?  Apparently they actually blew up an old abandoned factory rather than use a lot of CGI or even a scaled down building, which doesn't lend itself well to retakes.  Apparently there was a technical malfunction, and not all the explosives went off when they were supposed to, and Ledger improvised the Joker looking confused and repeatedly hitting the buttons until it blew up.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
Did anybody else hear that when the entire explosion didn't happen at the hospital, and joker kept tapping on the detonator, that it was an actual malfunction and the scene was improvised?  Apparently they actually blew up an old abandoned factory rather than use a lot of CGI or even a scaled down building, which doesn't lend itself well to retakes.  Apparently there was a technical malfunction, and not all the explosives went off when they were supposed to, and Ledger improvised the Joker looking confused and repeatedly hitting the buttons until it blew up.

LOL, the scene turned out to be awesome either way!