Author Topic: wow, invisible cloaking...that's right up there with teleporting data...  (Read 1763 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Wow, technology is really about to take another leap isn't it...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/08/11/invisibility.cloak.ap/index.html
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Fix the link SpursXs3, or ye shall pay.  And we've been cloaking for years.

And this economy is affecting many.

jemagee

His link works fine, there's a glitch in a popular site metrics software that's going around the web and maybe CNN hasn't fixed it yet, you should be able to view the site in NOT internet explorer

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
I got to the story by the link, however cnn did remove the picture of the person wearing a fabric coat and you cold see the scenery behind them.  you could still tell he was wearing something but the fact that he was ghosting the stuff behnid him was impressive...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Wow, technology is really about to take another leap isn't it...

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/science/08/11/invisibility.cloak.ap/index.html

Neat.  I thought it was the "other" type of cloaking technology, the one where you bend light.  With enough power you can bend light around an object making it invisible.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
They developed "invisible window screens" about 10 years ago.  It is a bug screen, that lets air through, but visually you cannot see the screen, until you are just inches away.  It is really quite amazing.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Well not to be confused with cloaks that are worn by little red riding hoods (reality) I figured it was not too bad to throw "invisible" in there..lol
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:31:25 PM by SPURSX3 »

jemagee

I like the 12 dollar computer out of MIT last week, more practical and useful