Author Topic: OT- sad to see you go, Bernie and Isaac...  (Read 1612 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OT- sad to see you go, Bernie and Isaac...
« on: August 10, 2008, 10:23:12 PM »
Both of thee guys were too young to go IMO.  rest in peace Bernie,  Isaac, have a safe journey on your mothership...or whatever you scientologists believe in, enjoy it..."Goodbye, children!"
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: OT- sad to see you go, Bernie and Isaac...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 11:31:21 PM »
Both of thee guys were too young to go IMO.  rest in peace Bernie,  Isaac, have a safe journey on your mothership...or whatever you scientologists believe in, enjoy it..."Goodbye, children!"

They say it happens in 3's.  Wonder who's next?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 12:22:51 AM »

They say it happens in 3's.  Wonder who's next?

Morgan Freeman flipped a car the same day bernie went into the hospital didn't he?  A buddy of mine also said that Nicolas Cage was diagnosed with a brain tumor - I gotta look that up and see if that's true.  Kelsey Grammer [sp] had to go back in to the hospital because of his weak heart.  Just seems like Hollywood is taking some hits lately...

The thing about Bernie is that the guy was so young IMO.  And I thought I had heard that he had been responding well to the meds when he first got into the hospital.  sad.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 12:26:26 AM »
Lot of Afro American men die in their 50s.
For one thing, they seem to have a higher rate of chloresteral, and coffee seems to add to this problem.  I'll post the article later.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 11:34:07 AM »
This is not the article i was thinking of but its related:

RESEARCHERS at the Wageningen Agricultural University, in the Netherlands, say that drinking unfiltered coffee will raise your cholesterol level.

The crucial word is ?unfiltered.? Why? Research Reports, a newsletter from the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research, says that coffee beans contain a cholesterol-raising substance called cafestol. When hot water is poured directly on the ground coffee, the cafestol is extracted. The same is true when finely ground coffee is boiled in water several times, as it is in Turkish coffee, or when a metal filter is used instead of a paper filter, such as in a French press. Without a paper filter, the cafestol ends up in the brew.

One unfiltered cup of coffee, which may contain up to four milligrams of cafestol, can cause the cholesterol level to rise by about 1 percent. Espresso also contains cafestol, since it is made without a paper filter. However, its cholesterol-raising effect is less if you use a demitasse. Less espresso, less cafestol?perhaps as little as one or two milligrams per cup. Research Reports cautions, though, that five small cups of espresso a day can raise the body?s cholesterol level by 2 percent.

The bottom line is that coffee made with a paper filter is cafestol free.

jemagee

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 11:40:13 AM »
Bernie Brillstein was a famous hollywood fella, he died this weekend too

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 04:26:27 PM »
I just read Bernie and Isaac were both in an upcoming movie with samuel l jackson caleld "Soul Men"...wow..