Author Topic: Lakers sign 6'9" Chinese guard  (Read 2680 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Re: Lakers sign 6'9" Chinese guard
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2008, 12:48:42 PM »
The rumor is they are going to move Kobe to the 3 and Odom to the 2.  Though he will ride the bench for at least 2 years.  Luke Walton and Trevor Ariza are going to take up any additional minutes he might get.  If anything they will develop him and try to deal him IMO.

The rumor is people who buy into that rumor are stupid.  I don't see that guy getting many minutes now that the Lakers have locked up Sasha.  Every position is two deep so a 3rd stringer is only going to get Gar-bage time.  The guy is supposed to be a 2 for the Lakers but he's a good fit at the 1 in the triangle.  He handled the ball pressure OK but he's not NBA ready on both ends of the court.  He's got potential.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2008, 01:06:10 PM »
The rumor is they are going to move Kobe to the 3 and Odom to the 2.  Though he will ride the bench for at least 2 years.  Luke Walton and Trevor Ariza are going to take up any additional minutes he might get.  If anything they will develop him and try to deal him IMO.

The rumor is people who buy into that rumor are stupid.  I don't see that guy getting many minutes now that the Lakers have locked up Sasha.  Every position is two deep so a 3rd stringer is only going to get Gar-bage time.  The guy is supposed to be a 2 for the Lakers but he's a good fit at the 1 in the triangle.  He handled the ball pressure OK but he's not NBA ready on both ends of the court.  He's got potential.

Why would it be stupid to buy into that rumor?   Kobe Bryant played a number of minutes at the 3 the entire season.  Doesn't sound that dumb to believe they will move him down to the 3 so he can operate from the wing.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »

Why would it be stupid to buy into that rumor?   Kobe Bryant played a number of minutes at the 3 the entire season.  Doesn't sound that dumb to believe they will move him down to the 3 so he can operate from the wing.

Frigging "techies", get a clue!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
Anyone see them beat Greece?
I'm curious if it was Kobes lockdown D that stopped the Greek *Spur* he was assigned to guard, or was it more like a team D effort and/or does SpurBoy just suck?  Dude who they *traded* Scola to Houston for who then said he was sick of the US and wanted to stay home an play for a Greece pro team.
I dont know his name, just make it up.
Valoscaloppolistus.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 12:23:21 PM »
Anyone see them beat Greece?
I'm curious if it was Kobes lockdown D that stopped the Greek *Spur* he was assigned to guard, or was it more like a team D effort and/or does SpurBoy just suck?  Dude who they *traded* Scola to Houston for who then said he was sick of the US and wanted to stay home an play for a Greece pro team.
I dont know his name, just make it up.
Valoscaloppolistus.

Team defense.  You don't defend the pick and roll with one player. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com