Author Topic: Best off season so far  (Read 5285 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Best off season so far
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 08:02:35 PM »
The sort of sad irony of it all is that this summer is the completion of BK's "3 year plan."

I'm sure in BK's mind he could have pulled ot off, but I doubt it, it looks as if Ed with some luck (Brand) was the right man to finish the amazing 3 year makeover.

I never had a problem with BK having a three year plan or the basic idea behind it.  I also never had confidence that he could pull it off correctly.  Signing Iggy is one of twp major issues that have to be addressed.  Where we will really see how good Stefanski is will be when it comes time to replace Miller and how successful he is at that long term.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 08:30:22 PM »
Reasons why billy king couldn't have pulled it off

A.  He wouldn't have created cap space by trading korver
B.  He wouldn't have been able to maneuver so quickly to get that extra last bit stefanski got by moving booth and carney and the pick obtained in A :)
C.  History indicates that King would have negotiated against himself and agreed to deals with Iguodala and Williams early on in the 'exclusive' negotiating window.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 08:33:34 PM »
But BK would have tried to recover by arranging a 5 team 18 player deal that would have been great, but then falls apart at the last moment.

Then he would have traded Speights and a future #1 for Camby and called it all a success.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 08:46:35 PM »
But BK would have tried to recover by arranging a 5 team 18 player deal that would have been great, but then falls apart at the last moment.

Then he would have traded Speights and a future #1 for Camby and called it all a success.

Dude, that is so realistic it's scary.

Offline pointguard86

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 09:11:03 PM »
I agree with Skates, good thing the Sixers don't have him anymore.  He would have outbid himself re-signing AI and Lou.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 09:30:27 PM »
Not to mention signing Shav and Ollie to 4 year extensions.