Author Topic: Artest to the Rockets  (Read 7684 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Artest to the Rockets
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 10:07:37 PM »
More 'splaining and smooth talk by Ron-Ron:

Later in the PTI interview, Artest added: "I'm not just some knucklehead head case who's bipolar, [like] everybody is always saying. I'm Ron Artest. Everybody's different. That's why we've got different DNA ?   They gotta come up with a better story than Ron's crazy. There's a lot better stories that they can come up with."
[/b]

You know I could make several jokes here, but really wouldn't that be overkill?

It is much scarier to think of him as acting like he does and not being crazy.  If he is not crazy he is severely lacking in nay kind of rational judgment and has a really pathetic view of the world.

I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt and say Ron-Ron is just nuts.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure ron artest doesn't have an MD or PhD in psychology and i'd put 50:50 odds that he's never seen a therapist to be diagnosed as bipolar or not...it's not funny to me, it's sad, for several reasons

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 09:22:37 AM »
In my limited clinical experience, the only people who are telling people "I'm not Bipolar" are the one's who have been diagnosed as Bipolar and off their meds. 

Its sort of like the people who go around telling everyone about their "religion" and keep insisting "I am not a part of a cult."  If you have to go around defending that you are not in a cult there is a decent chance you are.

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 09:26:08 AM »
Has he done anything bad since the brawl? I'm not talking about saying dumb stuff to the media, like something actually bad? I see a little bit of truth in what he's saying.

jemagee

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2008, 09:57:20 AM »
Has he done anything bad since the brawl? I'm not talking about saying dumb stuff to the media, like something actually bad? I see a little bit of truth in what he's saying.

There's a thread on the main forum accusing him of all sorts of things...yes he has a bad rep, but i also think he has issues...that require treatment...for instance, less than 24 hours after NOT exercising his right to free agency he's talking to marc stein saying how he regrets opting to stay in Sacramento...Ron's beavior has always seemed odd to me eve before the brawl in Detroit, I don't even think about that much any more (and i think he gets too much blame for it while others involvement is forgotten)...his behavior to me has always seemed 'erratic' and that's being nice about it.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »
He has quite a colorful entry on Wikipedia:

In spite of his abilities, Artest has been the subject of much controversy. During his rookie season with the Chicago Bulls, he was subject to criticism for applying for a job at Circuit City, just to get an employee discount.[10][11] He once attended an Indiana Pacers practice in a bath robe.[12] He was suspended for two games in the early 2004-05 season by Pacers coach Rick Carlisle after he allegedly asked for a month off because he was tired from promoting an R&B album for the group Allure on his production label.[10] Artest had also been suspended for three games in 2003 for destroying a television camera in Madison Square Garden, New York City, and for four games for a confrontation with Miami Heat coach Pat Riley in 2003.[10] He has also been suspended several times for flagrant fouls.[10]

At the start of the 2004-05 season, Artest changed his uniform number. In past seasons with Indiana, he had worn the number 23 in tribute to NBA legend Michael Jordan. For the 2004-05 season he wore the number 91; a tribute to former multiple Defensive Player of the Year award winner Dennis Rodman, another controversial basketball player from the late 1980s and the 1990s. After being suspended for the remainder of the season due to his involvement in the Pacers-Pistons brawl, Artest reverted his number back to the original he wore for the majority of his basketball life, number 15, though he switched to number 93 after being traded to the Sacramento Kings. He wears the number 93 with Sacramento because he says it represents the Queensbridge projects where he grew up, with the ?9? representing the ?Q? in Queens and the ?3? representing the ?B? in Bridge.[13] Also, the inspiration for Artest choosing 93 as his number was inspired by Souls of Mischief's 1993 album 93 'til Infinity.[14]

In October 2005, Artest gained more attention when he, fully clothed, graced the cover of Penthouse magazine,[15] along with three bikini-clad models.

Legal troubles in Sacramento

Ron Artest's mug shot, taken by the Placer County Sheriff's Dept. in 2007.According to a Placer County report obtained by the Sacramento Bee, on January 30, 2007, Animal Services officers issued a ?pre-seizure? notice to Artest regarding suspicions that a dog at his home in Loomis was not receiving adequate food. On February 5, officers returned and seized Socks, a black female Great Dane, removing her into protective custody with a local veterinarian. The seizure action cited a law that requires animal caretakers to ?provide proper sustenance.? Artest later sent an email to the Bee, writing ?I'm glad to say all problems are solved now, and I'm looking forward to getting my dog back.?[16] In March 2007, his dog was released under a foster care agreement after being treated for more than a month.[17] In April 2007, the Placer County District Attorney's Office announced that it would not file charges against Artest over the incident.[18] It also was reported by Placer County Animal Services and by Artest that he agreed to allow Socks to be adopted by a new owner.[18]

On March 5, 2007, Artest was arrested for domestic abuse, and excused from the Sacramento Kings indefinitely by GM Geoff Petrie.[19] On March 10th, The Kings announced that Artest would return to his team while his case is being reviewed by the Placer County District Attorney.[20] On May 3, he was sentenced to 20 days in jail and community service, however, Artest did not spend any more time in jail as ten days of the sentence were stayed by the judge and Artest served the other 10 days in a work release program.[21] On July 14, 2007, the NBA decided that Artest would serve a seven game suspension at the beginning of the 2007-08 NBA season for his legal problems.[22]

In the interest of fair and balanced reporting, he has his own website which tells you all of the good stuuf he'd like you to know about him:

http://www.ronartest.com/

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 10:30:51 AM »
On July 14, 2007, the NBA decided that Artest would serve a seven game suspension at the beginning of the 2007-08 NBA season for his legal problems.[

Early in his career (I found this looking up 'nba sex offenders') Deshawn stevenson plead out an accusation of statuatory rape...he received a 3 game suspension I believe.

Just saying...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 10:36:06 AM »
Just your typical google search? :o

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 11:15:07 AM »
On July 14, 2007, the NBA decided that Artest would serve a seven game suspension at the beginning of the 2007-08 NBA season for his legal problems.[

Early in his career (I found this looking up 'nba sex offenders') Deshawn stevenson plead out an accusation of statuatory rape...he received a 3 game suspension I believe.

Just saying...

Just your typical google search? :o

tk, don't ask, Jem, don't tell.

jemagee

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 11:20:16 AM »
I actually posted a response, but the site went down when i posted, i was trying to confirm that ruben patterson was a convicted sex offender that the NBA didn't mind playing in response to an accusation in a thread on the other board, but i went mroe generically to see who else popped up and stevensons plea when he was still a member of the jazz popped up, girl was 14

Offline sixerscan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »
Forgot about his domestic issues last year. Never mind, he's nuts.