Author Topic: RIP - Estelle Getty  (Read 4132 times)

jemagee

RIP - Estelle Getty
« on: July 22, 2008, 08:12:25 PM »
Reality

You taught her in grade school right?

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RIP - Estelle Getty
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 08:13:56 PM »
No, that was JoMal.... :P
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 08:19:33 PM »
Right reality taught her mother, i get it confused

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »
Who is Estelle Getty?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 10:27:32 AM »
Who is Estelle Getty?

Thank you for being a friend?

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 10:31:04 AM »
Sorry, Golden Girls was never on MY must watch list.  ::)  Is one of those old old ladies known as Estelle Getty? Which one?

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 10:34:58 AM »
Sorry, Golden Girls was never on MY must watch list.  ::)  Is one of those old old ladies known as Estelle Getty? Which one?

Didn't have to be on your must watch list so much as they were a pop culture phenomenon for about 4-5 years, guess you just aren't cool enough.

I'll give you a hint, she's not the oldest actress in the picture

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 10:53:58 AM »
Didn't have to be on your must watch list so much as they were a pop culture phenomenon for about 4-5 years, guess you just aren't cool enough.

Golden Girls . . . pop culture phenomenon . . .

BWAHAHAAAAHAA!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 11:01:07 AM »

BWAHAHAAAAHAA!

It was a popular show at one point in time but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near a pop culture phenomenon....

And people say TV nowadays is horrible.  Think about it, Golden Girls was one of the most popular shows at one point in time in the 80s.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »
And Brandon Tartikoff was one of the best television executives ever.

And yes, tv nowadays is horrible when compared to that of the 80s/90s....the prevalence of 'non scripted' tv alone makes this a horrible time for television

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 11:05:43 AM »

BWAHAHAAAAHAA!

FYI Ted,

While back in the day most of us looked to shows like Baywatch and Melrose Place for our eye candy, jemagee has uhmmm..shall we say...different "tastes".  Is "Murder She Wrote" still on the air?  If not jemagee is going to have to do some searching for his next "date night".  IMO this is a devastating blow to jemagee and his shampoo filled "special" sock.  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:14 AM »
It was a popular show at one point in time but I wouldn't say it was anywhere near a pop culture phenomenon....

And people say TV nowadays is horrible.  Think about it, Golden Girls was one of the most popular shows at one point in time in the 80s.

Yes, and in the 80s I was outside playing basketball or football or climbing mountains or doing ANYTHING other than watching a show about elderly women and their fascinating lives and becoming so engrossed in their stars that I note their passing twenty years later in a BASKETBALL discussion board. But hey, to each their own.

RIP Estelle, I never knew ye.

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:22 AM »
FYI Ted,

While back in the day most of us looked to shows like Baywatch and Melrose Place for our eye candy, jemagee has uhmmm..shall we say...different "tastes".  Is "Murder She Wrote" still on the air?  If not jemagee is going to have to do some searching for his next "date night".  IMO this is a devastating blow to jemagee and his shampoo filled "special" sock.  

Mmmmmmmmmmm . . . Angela Lansbury . . . aahhhhllgggghhhhllll . . .

P.S. You are no longer known as Mini-Magee in my book. Congratulations.

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 11:13:56 AM »
W

Yes, and in the 80s I was outside playing basketball or football or climbing mountains or doing ANYTHING other than watching a show about elderly women and their fascinating lives and becoming so engrossed in their stars that I note their passing twenty years later in a BASKETBALL discussion board. But hey, to each their own.

RIP Estelle, I never knew ye.

So, I'll add you to the no sense of humor list...got it.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »

BWAHAHAAAAHAA!

FYI Ted,

Maybe Jemagee is in autson...that might explain the "tasters"...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.