Author Topic: OT - WOW, BSG fanboys  (Read 1719 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OT - WOW, BSG fanboys
« on: July 22, 2008, 01:04:40 PM »
Just an FYI, I believe they will start showing BSG on NBC/Universal HD soon.  I saw a commercial for the show a couple of nights ago.  Just letting you know......

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

Re: OT - WOW, BSG fanboys
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 01:06:07 PM »
Just an FYI, I believe they will start showing BSG on NBC/Universal HD soon.  I saw a commercial for the show a couple of nights ago.  Just letting you know......

Is this the most recent season, or season 3, it's been on universal hd before

now, if you really wanted to taunt the bsg fanboys you would have mentioned the caprica teaser trailer on Scifi.com featuring Esai Morales and Eric Stoltz...not to mention that the thing might go straight to series instead of trying to see how a mini series does first.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 01:34:09 PM »

Is this the most recent season, or season 3, it's been on universal hd before

now, if you really wanted to taunt the bsg fanboys you would have mentioned the caprica teaser trailer on Scifi.com featuring Esai Morales and Eric Stoltz...not to mention that the thing might go straight to series instead of trying to see how a mini series does first.

not sure, I don't watch it.  I did not know it was on that channel before, I got the impression it was just starting to air on the channel...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:36:32 PM »
Just giving you grief, it's usually on saturdays, they do a 'sci-fi' thing where they air good shows that were cancelled too soon (usually just firefly and threshold) and BSG...BSG hasn't been on for a while though so maybe it's the new season (or season 3 which i would rather watch in hd then get from netflix)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
Just giving you grief, it's usually on saturdays, they do a 'sci-fi' thing where they air good shows that were cancelled too soon (usually just firefly and threshold) and BSG...BSG hasn't been on for a while though so maybe it's the new season (or season 3 which i would rather watch in hd then get from netflix)

In general, I love HD tv.  It's amazing how much quality can be captured and displayed.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 03:04:26 PM »
LOL @ "fanboy".  Love that dig.  BSG on HD has been on for a while, the Caprica stuff is going to be very limited in regards to SFX but it still sounds really cool.  I don't know if BSG is based on books or anything but in the original series the Cylons were created by another race, lizard like, that was at war with the humans.  The Cylons turned on their masters then continued the war with the humans.  In the current BSG the humans created the Cylons, Caprica is going to be about the creation of the Cylons.  Sounds very interesting but IMO it borrows a bit too much from the A.I. movie in regards to the inventor giving the Cylons too much intelligence because he used it to carry on his dead daughters conciousness.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »
. movie in regards to the inventor giving the Cylons too much intelligence because he used it to carry on his dead daughters conciousness.

Carry on Adamas dead daughters consciousness...there' also something embarassing about the last name adama as well as esai morales character is going by a different one in the preview until he admits it

There's a definite theology going on there from the polytheism of the 'gods' to the cylon belief in the one true god...it's all very mystic, i wonder how much of the mysticism they'll include...don't care so much for sfx as long as they tell good stoires, if you need SFX watch a michael bay movie

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »
. movie in regards to the inventor giving the Cylons too much intelligence because he used it to carry on his dead daughters conciousness.

Carry on Adamas dead daughters consciousness...there' also something embarassing about the last name adama as well as esai morales character is going by a different one in the preview until he admits it

There's a definite theology going on there from the polytheism of the 'gods' to the cylon belief in the one true god...it's all very mystic, i wonder how much of the mysticism they'll include...don't care so much for sfx as long as they tell good stoires, if you need SFX watch a michael bay movie

What I read was some scientist lost his daughter and used a Cylon to carry on her conciousness, Adama heard about this and decided to help him as well because he lost some family as well.  It's an interesting premise, I hope it works out well since there is almost zero quality sci-fi on TV other than BSG.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 05:17:55 PM »
The trailer gave me the implication that iwas 'adams' daughter, but maybe i read it wrong, but i'm more curios about why he goes by adams instead of adama

I enjoy the light heartedness of eureka and the new dr who, though the companions of the new who all falling in love with him irritate me but maybe that will end now that steven moffat (who has written all the truly brilliant new dr whos and did the good coupling) is in charge.

JJ Abrams Fringe is coming out this fall which looks interesting and like it might pull something off if Abrams does stay interested as he claims he will (as opposed to the 'work' he's done on Lost)...even with joshua jackson

Joss Whedon is a friggin genius so Dollhouse has a good shot to be good.

Sci Fi has a couple good shows in development and there's some series called mirabilis based on some books but i think that's going into syndication.

You don't consider Lost quality science fiction?  Is it because you don't think it's quality or you don't think it's sci fi - cause, i mean - it's freaking time space dialation fields going on

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »
The trailer gave me the implication that iwas 'adams' daughter, but maybe i read it wrong, but i'm more curios about why he goes by adams instead of adama

I enjoy the light heartedness of eureka and the new dr who, though the companions of the new who all falling in love with him irritate me but maybe that will end now that steven moffat (who has written all the truly brilliant new dr whos and did the good coupling) is in charge.

JJ Abrams Fringe is coming out this fall which looks interesting and like it might pull something off if Abrams does stay interested as he claims he will (as opposed to the 'work' he's done on Lost)...even with joshua jackson

Sci Fi has a couple good shows in development and there's some series called mirabilis based on some books but i think that's going into syndication.

You don't consider Lost quality science fiction?  Is it because you don't think it's quality or you don't think it's sci fi - cause, i mean - it's freaking time space dialation fields going on

After Cloverfield, I can't see too much interest in anything with JJ Abrams now...bleh!

jemagee

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 05:55:11 PM »
After Cloverfield, I can't see too much interest in anything with JJ Abrams now...bleh!
[

A...I liked clover field
B...JJ Abrams neither wrote nor directed cloverfield, he just produced it, and probably had as much to do with the actual making of the film as he does with lost (nothing)...i have a 'source' to know what JJ Abrams is working on :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 06:40:53 PM »

IMO "Lost" sucks goat balls no matter what you call it, to me it looks like the writers for The Family Guy got a nighth job.

Fringe does look good.  Have not watched Eureka nor Dr Who.  I just can't past all the visual "cheese" of Dr Who to give it a chance.  I just never got started with Eureka, even though it looks like it could be interesting.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Eureka is sci fi light, don't take it too seriously

the cheese of the current dr who in no ways comes CLOSE to the cheese factor of the past dr who...if you can get the lady in the fireplace or the most recent two parter with alexandra kingston, two of the best pieces of the new who.

I'm not caught up in the trappings if the story is enjoyable, i am an aspiring writer by 'joy', so i don't really care so much about the look and feel if the story grabs me.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 06:58:52 PM »
Eureka is sci fi light, don't take it too seriously

the cheese of the current dr who in no ways comes CLOSE to the cheese factor of the past dr who...if you can get the lady in the fireplace or the most recent two parter with alexandra kingston, two of the best pieces of the new who.

I'm not caught up in the trappings if the story is enjoyable, i am an aspiring writer by 'joy', so i don't really care so much about the look and feel if the story grabs me.

What about:

Stargate (TOS/Atlantis)
Babylon 5
Star Trek (NextGen/DS9/Voyager/Enterprise)

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 07:04:28 PM »
Aside from atlantis, none of them are still on the air

In terms of Star Treks - ranking

Next Gen
DS9 (rene abernujois and avery brooks are awesome)
Voyager
Enterprise

I like stargate atlantis but feel like they totally screwed the pooch on the over arching 'bad guys' having now killed off 3 of them (sort of) so far :)

Babylong 5 - one of those things you had to watch from the beginning, and just never did, he'll always be scarecrow to me