Author Topic: Latest from sf1976: Iggy on the block  (Read 21288 times)

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Latest from sf1976: Iggy on the block
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »
For those who put stock in what sf has to say:
Iggy is definitely on the block......he wants max dollars or very close to max dollars so we are exploring around the league who wouldnt mind paying him the max.

We talked about TMac.....here is another one to ponder that has been discussed.

Vince Carter, Marcus williams and Josh Boone for Andre Iguodala and Reggie Evans.
Filler could be involved but those were the main pieces.

Then again, 2 weeks ago he said the Sixers would definitely match any offer, period, so take it for what it's worth.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Latest from sf1976: Iggy on the block
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »
For those who put stock in what sf has to say:
Iggy is definitely on the block......he wants max dollars or very close to max dollars so we are exploring around the league who wouldnt mind paying him the max.

We talked about TMac.....here is another one to ponder that has been discussed.

Vince Carter, Marcus williams and Josh Boone for Andre Iguodala and Reggie Evans.
Filler could be involved but those were the main pieces.

Then again, 2 weeks ago he said the Sixers would definitely match any offer, period, so take it for what it's worth.

As a back-up plan -T-Mac - yes, VC - a big freaking no, his contract is murder for 4 more years.  I would prefer to let him take the tender and play it from there.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:52:35 AM »
Ugh no to neither of them...compromise with Andre...tender deals don't seem to work out on the court cause the player is playing for his contract...plus you can't trade him, plus he's an unrestricted free agent...if you aren't going to sign a guy long term i think tradig him is the best option, but not for older injury prone players p0lease

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »
This summer was going so well...

I would let him sit out before trading him for VC.

I have no interest in TMac, but least he comes off the books in 2 years.

No to VC.

Those types of moves would sell tickets but hurt the teams long  term outlook.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:00:42 AM »

I think the sixers are lesser contenders with Vince Carter, and possibly T-Mac as well, then if they keep Iguodala.

There's got to be a better deal doesn't there?  Do the bulls like Iguodala?  Do the sixers like Gordon?

I mean, Ed Stefanski shouldn't just be looking at older 'stars' who are past their prime/injury prone...right?  I mean if he's exploring trading iguodala he's considering all possibilities...RIGHT?

I wonder...did obtaining Brand 'strengthen' Iguodalas negotiating position in that everyone started talking about the sixers (including Iguodala) as a serious threat in the east...so the agent says, who are you going to get better or just as good as Andre to work with this roster?

Offline doc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:21:43 AM »
Flat out NO to VC. My least favorite player in the NBA. I could not stomach having him on a team I root for.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
This summer was going so well...

I would let him sit out before trading him for VC.

I have no interest in TMac, but least he comes off the books in 2 years.

No to VC.

I prefer Iggy over T-Mac, but if they take Reggie we can wring another 2 years from T-Mac if needed, just plan on resting him to save his back for the playoffs.  I would actually prefermoving him to Memphis for someone like Conley (there is some talk in memphis of Mayo playing PG full-time) and Warrick and using the savings to grab Gordon or Childress.

jemagee

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »
If Memphis was going to be a player in free agency this year with their cap room they probably would have spoken to free agents already...just to explore possibilities...i don't see memphis as a valid option.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:42:44 AM »
If Memphis was going to be a player in free agency this year with their cap room they probably would have spoken to free agents already...just to explore possibilities...i don't see memphis as a valid option.

Probably not, unless we take Darko or Marco back in a deal.  I had hoped that by never mentioning it there would be no possibility that Stefanski was still jonesing for Vince Carter.  Of all of the players in the world to grab, let it not be him.  And if they did, I want Sean Williams, not Boone, and they take WG too and work Kristic into there somehow, plus Marcus.

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:51:03 AM »
I thought the nets wanted 2010 cap roomm, i can't see maxing out iguodala helping that

PS - what would people think about a max deal (value) but not max length...say 3 years with a player/team option on the 4th?

I mean yes he's not in the class of deron, lebron, wade and such, but of the Carter, McGrady, Iguodala options i think he's the best of the 3 for the next 3-4 seasons

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:52:55 AM »
I thought the nets wanted 2010 cap roomm, i can't see maxing out iguodala helping that

Doesn't really hurt that either, as Carter is signed through 2012.  In fact, breaking up Carters contract might make it easier to move at least part of it.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 11:00:56 AM »
I'm not from realGM, so I have no clue how credible he's been in the past, but has he been right at any point at all this entire offseason?  I can't remember a single time something he's said was posted here and turned out to be right.

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 11:07:56 AM »
I'm not from realGM, so I have no clue how credible he's been in the past, but has he been right at any point at all this entire offseason?  I can't remember a single time something he's said was posted here and turned out to be right.

Anyone know what he said the sixers 'order' of big men were on draft night, really the only thing he could have been accurate on this summer as everything else was just 'preliminary discussion' talk...

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 11:12:35 AM »
Anyone know what he said the sixers 'order' of big men were on draft night, really the only thing he could have been accurate on this summer as everything else was just 'preliminary discussion' talk...

He said Arthur was in the lead, IIRC.

jemagee

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:52 AM »
Did he mention the 'blood test' thing at all being an issue?