Author Topic: Latest from sf1976: Iggy on the block  (Read 21353 times)

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Latest from sf1976: Iggy on the block
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2008, 11:22:17 AM »
I remember Speights and Koufos being in the top-3 as well.

Offline carolina blue

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »
If he won't agree to an "appropriately" sized deal I'd consider a Carter deal, but I'd prefer to move him out of the division.

Maybe a S&T to Charlotte for Jason Richardson?

If you overpay Iguodala it sets you up to have to overpay Young in 2 years.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 12:31:41 PM »
If he won't agree to an "appropriately" sized deal I'd consider a Carter deal, but I'd prefer to move him out of the division.

Maybe a S&T to Charlotte for Jason Richardson?

If you overpay Iguodala it sets you up to have to overpay Young in 2 years.

Gerald Wallace is the guy supposedly on the block down there, but if they pay Iggy, Okafor will throw a bigger fit than he already has.  Hopefully, Young ends up being good enough that we can't overpay him.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 12:36:30 PM »

Gerald Wallace is the guy supposedly on the block down there, but if they pay Iggy, Okafor will throw a bigger fit than he already has.  Hopefully, Young ends up being good enough that we can't overpay him.

Simple.  Just send Iguodala and Sam for Okafor and Wallace.  You still would have problems with shooting, so maybe work a Miller for PG/Shooter deal in ther to.  Easy as making jello.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:15 PM »
I thought the nets wanted 2010 cap roomm, i can't see maxing out iguodala helping that

And you can't ignore Evans deal, either, if that's part of it. That's an additional $5mil on the books, as opposed to just renouncing Williams and Boone if they want that summer. Of course, Williams wouldn't be a part of that now.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 12:44:48 PM »
I thought the nets wanted 2010 cap roomm, i can't see maxing out iguodala helping that

And you can't ignore Evans deal, either, if that's part of it. That's an additional $5mil on the books, as opposed to just renouncing Williams and Boone if they want that summer. Of course, Williams wouldn't be a part of that now.

Its not additional money on the cap.  Its the same 20M total that VC would be getting paid.  They would have to trade away VC for shorter contracts in orser to clear that cap money- just like they would have to trade away Evans.  Niether are likely to get you an offer for an expiring contract.

As for Lebron, my guess is that in 2 years he would rather be teamed with a 26 year old unselfish Iguodala than a 33 year old VC.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 12:49:09 PM »
Isn't Gerald Wallace a bit redundant on this team?

From a purely positional standpoint I'd rather target Richardson.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »
Isn't Gerald Wallace a bit redundant on this team?

From a purely positional standpoint I'd rather target Richardson.

Agreed, the Sixers need a ball handler/shooter.  but I like Wallace a lot more based on what he brings and his contract.  Not a big fan of Richardson or his contract.  Even if he fit better, I would rather cave and sign Iguodala at the same number (12.5M this year.)

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 12:57:45 PM »
What do you think of raymond felton?

I just always saw Wallace as a 3/4 which would either limit Young's or wallaces minutes

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 12:59:15 PM »
The interesting thing will be whether any of the teams with RFAs equally overvalue each others FA's.  We could get a merry-go-round effect between some of these teams.  Otherwise, you are probably left trading these guys for older, overpaid guys like VC.

Would the Bulls pay Iggy and do a S&T for Iggy with either Hinrich or Gordon (S&T) plus Sefalosha, then move Deng elsewhere?  Gordon or Hinrich to the Hawks for Josh Smith probably makes more sense for both teams position wise.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07:37 PM »
What about Rip Hamilton for two more years? A true two who can shoot, doesn't have injury issues, and is still relatively in his prime.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
What do you think of raymond felton?

I just always saw Wallace as a 3/4 which would either limit Young's or wallaces minutes

i like the Okafor for sam part, but I doubt I can make the other pices fit.  I would want established players back for Miller or Iguodala, and Felton is more a complemtary part of a deal than a keystone.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
What about Rip Hamilton for two more years? A true two who can shoot, doesn't have injury issues, and is still relatively in his prime.

Unless you find the player that makes the Sixers on par or better than Boston, I'm against trading Iguodala for any player older than 27.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 01:21:12 PM »
One of the questions that needs to be asked is this:

If teams with good management are willing to pay Iggy or Deng or whomever, a salary that the RFA finds agreeable, is the selling team undervaluing their own RFA?  In other words, except for the Milicic incident, Dumars seems to be pretty sharp.  If he were willing, hypothetically, to pay Iggy $12 million per year maybe that should be telling us something about his real market value. 

Conversely, agents tend to make their best deals with the weaker GM's who routinely overpay.  If the only teams that will pay a RFA what he wants are the ones with bad management, then he probably is not worth that money.

Either way I don't want to overpay for an older guy like VC, if you have to overpay, do it for the younger guy.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 01:23:28 PM »
I don't think age would matter in the case of Hamilton. There's not a huge, long-term investment for a guy on the down-swing. He fills a need, he's more affordable, and he performs in the playoffs.