Author Topic: OKC thunder...  (Read 3421 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
OKC thunder...
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:43 PM »
Are they serious? the "Thunder"???  This IS an NBA team right??  You would think they would put more into the team name.  WEAK!!!

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/CDemoss/160208
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OKC thunder...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:33:34 PM »
I like it.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »
GREAT!! you can be the first on their bandwagon to be on this board!!  C'ya!  Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!  ....oh...you mean you're not leaving the Spurs bandwagon behind....drat... :'( :'( :'(
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:47:39 PM »
Actually, as a marketing firm pointed out, they alread have an AFL team in Oklahoma with the nickname the thunder, so they might want to try and come up with something, you know, unique for the state at least

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 01:09:14 AM »
GREAT!! you can be the first on their bandwagon to be on this board!!  C'ya!  Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!  ....oh...you mean you're not leaving the Spurs bandwagon behind....drat... :'( :'( :'(
Creativity: 0
Redundancy: 10
Redumbdancee: 10

I'm in serious discussions with Tim, Tony and GNob to leave Captain Dumbass and bolt over to the Thunder to get some more titles while the window exists.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 08:44:35 AM »
Creativity: 0
Redundancy: 10
Redumbdancee: 10

I honestly think you've nailed 95% of your posts.  It's boring reading that stuff, isn't it just as boring writting it?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 10:08:30 AM »
Are they serious? the "Thunder"???  This IS an NBA team right??  You would think they would put more into the team name.  WEAK!!!

Couldn't they go for something more 'OKC' ???  Even the Oklahoma City BBQers would be better then the 'Thunder'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:20 AM »

Couldn't they go for something more 'OKC' ???  Even the Oklahoma City BBQers would be better then the 'Thunder'

OKC 'Bombers' ??   oh yeah, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:06 AM »

OKC 'Bombers' ??   oh yeah, maybe that wouldn't be a good thing...

DOH!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 10:18:04 AM »
Carpetbaggers?

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
What about the Okies?

Dusters?

Panhandlers?

Joads?

Jackrabbits?

Roses of Sharon?

Soonerers?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 10:31:36 AM »
the OKC "we hate the longhorns with a white hot passion"....would that be too long of a name?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »
the OKC "we hate the longhorns with a white hot passion"....would that be too long of a name?

Depends if you could sum it up with a catchy logo like a Longhorn getting tazered at a ranch.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2008, 11:35:32 AM »

The fact that that is the most appropriate name is just one of many reasons the long term success of the NBA at OKC has a less than 50% chance in my estimation

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2008, 11:38:49 AM »
I had head somewhere that they were going to be the OKC Wildcatters.  I thought it was a good name, but I guess it was just someones idea, and not the official name.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil