Author Topic: The Simpsons  (Read 2877 times)

jemagee

Re: The Simpsons
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 08:50:15 PM »
You're compliaining about STORY on family guy?  Jeez who cares about story, i don't mind the format but the jokes aren't as funnny as they used to be and you can't stretch the boundaries there folks, south park already has, and does it better than you do...

I bet the cleveland spin off is going to be AWESOME

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 09:58:38 PM »
Until then it is written by manatees who pick idea balls out of a tank just like it was described by South Park.

BOOOOOYA!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2008, 01:15:35 AM »
You're compliaining about STORY on family guy?  Jeez who cares about story, i don't mind the format but the jokes aren't as funnny as they used to be and you can't stretch the boundaries there folks, south park already has, and does it better than you do...

I bet the cleveland spin off is going to be AWESOME

No complaining about the jokes having relevance to the story line they have going on in the episode.  I understand Family Guy is funny at times because of those random references but it gets a little out of hand in certain episodes.  It's like 30 minutes of a bunch of random ideas.

Find a pop culture reference from the late 80s / early 90s for your demographic + Peter in an awkward situation = a % of jokes on Family Guy

I also find their 'jokes' to run too long.  I know sometimes it's funny when a joke runs long but again....Chicken fight?  Wow.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2008, 08:47:48 AM »
The jokes running on too long is part of the joke (or supposed to be) they've always gone on way too long...that's the point

So you are complaining about the story, cause the jokes don't have relevance to the story, they hardly ever do...that's the point as well

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2008, 09:07:48 AM »
So you are complaining about the story, cause the jokes don't have relevance to the story, they hardly ever do...that's the point as well

My point is they do not have the talent to incorporate good jokes into their storylines.  They are hacks who can't out think a bunch of scum sucking manatee's.  South Park OWNED them in that episode.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:58 AM »

My point is they do not have the talent to incorporate good jokes into their storylines.  They are hacks who can't out think a bunch of scum sucking manatee's.  South Park OWNED them in that episode.

I wouldn't go this far and call them hacks but clearly the talent level is no where near The Simpsons or South Park.

Jemagee have you seen the South Park episode we are talking about?

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2008, 09:54:26 AM »

Yes, I have, more than once, but my point is that if you are complaining about the jokes FITTING in the story, then you are missing the point of family guy, are the jokes lame?  No doubt, but whether or not they fit the story line is irrelevant to family guy and has been since day one.

I wouldn't go this far and call them hacks but clearly the talent level is no where near The Simpsons or South Park.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2008, 10:06:54 AM »

Yes, I have, more than once, but my point is that if you are complaining about the jokes FITTING in the story, then you are missing the point of family guy, are the jokes lame?  No doubt, but whether or not they fit the story line is irrelevant to family guy and has been since day one.

Actually after the South Park episode I noticed they made a better effort to try to make SOME of the jokes fit in with the story line.  There was a point in time where they didn't even bother to make an attempt.

I understand what you are saying.  What WOW and myself are saying in response is that is why we don't think all that highly of the show.