Author Topic: The ongoing Sammy/Canada drama  (Read 3389 times)

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
The ongoing Sammy/Canada drama
« on: July 19, 2008, 01:21:18 AM »
Samuel Dalembert, angry and frustrated at how he has been portrayed, said that he and his group have changed hotels and that he planned to return to the United States in several days.
"Now I see why it has been so difficult to get [NBA] guys to play for Canada," he said. "I'm very disappointed. I know how to differentiate business and pleasure. This is children's stuff. I don't throw people under the bus. I don't trash the coach.

"But I read stuff that came from 'a source.' I like people to come forward. I heard that I'm a prima donna. Anyone who knows me knows I don't do that. I said I'd do anything to help raise money for Canada. I had one bad game, and I'm not committed? Please." -- Philadelphia Daily News
"I still love Canada and I'm sorry for the fans back home because I know they were very excited about our team," Dalembert told Sun Media from Athens. "I'm still dedicated and committed to play for Canada in the future."
"The coach questioning my commitment to the team after the things I've done? That hurts," he said, denying he had become a prima donna.

"I never tried to put myself higher than anybody else," he said. "I put my NBA career on hold to play for this country. Nobody put a gun to my head." -- Toronto Sun

Basically Team Canada is saying Dalembert distanced himself from the team and didn't show he was committed and Dalembert is saying that Team Canada is full of shit.  Regardless of what happens, an angry Dalembert trying to stick it to Canada has to be better than previous models, right?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: The ongoing Sammy/Canada drama
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 05:47:40 AM »
ou mean the petulant Hatian Sensation who complained about his role in the office during the Sixers big winning run?

Sam can be a valuable asset at center if he realizes his strengths and stops thinking he is the next Chris Bosh.  When he starts acting like the offense should run through Sammy he is at best a distraction and at worse a head case.

I could care less about Team Canada and who was at fault- but I doubt it is a positive sign of how Sam will adapt to less chances to show off his high and low post offensive "skills" this year.

jemagee

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:00:25 AM »
Sam's a whiny bitch, always has been

Offline The Poster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »
dont know about always but sure seems so now.

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 11:05:22 AM »
dont know about always but sure seems so now.

Oh yes, always, remember when Jim O'brien was bringing him offr the bench and he was complaining about things to the media...and then suddenly sam was starting again, and i don't think it was o'briens idea...

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 11:10:47 AM »
Although Sam is an idiot and can act like a petulant child, if you read the entire story from his perspective it is not as one-sided as it sounds.  The truth as always probably lies in the middle somewhere.  There is also word going around in the Toronto papers that Rautins' time as coach may soon come to an end.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080718_Dalembert_tells_his_side_in_Team_Canada_dispute.html

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »
There is also word going around in the Toronto papers that Rautins' time as coach may soon come to an end.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20080718_Dalembert_tells_his_side_in_Team_Canada_dispute.html

Sounds like one of those situations where everyone looks bad and everyone loses.  Ruins my kumbya world.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »
There is also word going around in the Toronto papers that Rautins' time as coach may soon come to an end.

Sounds like one of those situations where everyone looks bad and everyone loses.  Ruins my kumbya world.

I would thing Sammy should be well-respected in Canda.  You know how they love goaltending up there.

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 12:48:01 PM »
Although Sam is an idiot and can act like a petulant child, if you read the entire story from his perspective it is not as one-sided as it sounds.  The truth as always probably lies in the middle somewhere.  There is also word going around in the Toronto papers that Rautins' time as coach may soon come to an end.

Rautins isn't the only one who is talking about Dalembert, and honestly do you think dalembert is going to confess or try and cover his ass...history indicates that sam probably did try to 'big time' canada

And what i read today indicated that Rautins was not in any troulbe (of course it wasn't a philly paper trying to make dalembert look good) and without Nash or even dalembert how can you expect canada to be any good internationally.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
I would thing Sammy should be well-respected in Canda.  You know how they love goaltending up there.

Sam loves watching "that little ball" otherwise known as a puck:

http://www.fanhouse.com/2008/01/21/samuel-dalembert-hockey-enthusiast/