Author Topic: Looks like the Jazz have signed Williams  (Read 3817 times)

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looks like the Jazz have signed Williams
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »
A.  Don't wish the man dead (and yes i know he's in the hospital)
B.  Don't expect the sons belief system/politics are much different than the fathers, hence wouldn't wanna work for him either

Sorry if I implied you wanted him dead. Didn't mean to.

Actually, the son is quite a bit more polished and deliberate than his dad. Where Larry usually answered from his heart and sometimes came off as a bit of zealot, the son is Mr. Suit and Tie and is about as boring an interview as you'll get in an NBA owner.

Can you elaborate a little on point B? Does it have to do with the movie theater stories? Or disagreement in general?
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »
It has to do with the movie theater stories in part yes, it's the devout mormonism, i've had more than enough dealings in my life time with devout mormons to decide I wouldn't want to work for one. 

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 10:29:16 AM »
It has to do with the movie theater stories in part yes, it's the devout mormonism, i've had more than enough dealings in my life time with devout mormons to decide I wouldn't want to work for one. 

Do you feel confident in the assertion that all devout Mormons are the same?

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

jemagee

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 10:30:53 AM »

Do you feel confident in the assertion that all devout Mormons are the same?
\

I feel confident in my assertion that I have enough experience with them combined with millers movie theater antics that I wouldn't want to work for Larry Miller...though since I don't live in Utah or Massachusets, the chances of me running into a devout mormon in southern california are slim...the vailable personal evidence is all I can go on...

Offline Ted

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »
I feel confident in my assertion that I have enough experience with them combined with millers movie theater antics that I wouldn't want to work for Larry Miller...though since I don't live in Utah or Massachusets, the chances of me running into a devout mormon in southern california are slim...the vailable personal evidence is all I can go on...

Fair enough.

It would appear that you are not impressed with either Larry Miller or Mitt Romney. Incidentally, I'm not entranced by them either. I took a grad school class on entrepreneurship taught by Miller, and after about 6 hours of original material, he either told stories or rehashed old material. In person, Larry is basically a good guy, but his self-confidence sometimes overrides his sense of propriety, and he says (and believes) outlandish things. For example, he doesn't like to play R-rated movies at his theaters (he does play them incidentally), but he will sell truckloads of beer at Jazz games.

I was in the same undergrad program as Romney's son, and I met him once. Mitt is very polished; too polished for my taste. And his reversals on pivotal issues at pivotal times are worse for me than his positions on those issues, many of which I don't follow. Makes for interesting family get togethers given the fact that my brother was a player in his Utah staff.

I may be mistaken, but it seems like you've formed an opinion based in part on observations of two very high-profile members of the LDS church. I hope when you cross paths with one of us normal, every-day Mormons, you'll give us a chance. We might not disappoint you as much as you think.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 10:44:29 AM by Ted »

jemagee

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 10:46:17 AM »
Mitt gives me the creeps always has, but it's not just Mitt and Larry that i've had experience with, like i said, personal experience, i haven't met either of them.

And it's not because of sean bradley either, promise.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 11:04:02 AM »
Mitt gives me the creeps always has, but it's not just Mitt and Larry that i've had experience with, like i said, personal experience, i haven't met either of them.

And it's not because of sean bradley either, promise.

I've met a lot of mormons and I didn't know they were mormons until somebody else brought it up.  That should tell you something right there.  This "other" Christain that was eating lunch with us figured out they were mormons, I have no idea how, and there was an uncomfortable silence.  The "other" Christian asked me "did you know they were mormons?", the tone he used was like asking "did you know they were child molesters?".  I asked the mormon dudes if they were the guys who keep trying to hand me that "Watch Tower" magazine every Sunday, they said no so I asked the other Christian dude what is the problem then?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"