Author Topic: Movies Hancock and Batman  (Read 14960 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Movies Hancock and Batman
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »
Not sure if we've discussed this before but the new Star Wars animated movie is comming out this weekend.  When the trailer starts the audience typically starts clapping but a couple minutes in I think reality sets in and everyone realizes the movie is going to suck.  My kids want to go see it but it looks pretty crappy.

The animation is ugly.  I can't think of another way to describe it.  It really looks like it's straight out of  the early 90s.

right up there with the horrible star wars christmas special...lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_Wars_Holiday_Special
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2008, 01:33:57 PM »
The animation is god awful, the dialogue is cheesy and that little teen age girl padawan who is all attitude makes me want to vomit.

If you care about your children and want to raise discerning adults with taste don't let them see this, in fact don't let them see ANYTHING currently available from lucas cause all the special edition versions just fracked everything up.

This is all just a mad dash for cash and viewers for the 100 episodes on the cartoon network so was made crappy with that in mind.

Though the cartoon network has done some 'quality' cartoons including the justice league series and i find the ben 10 series enjoyable

And STFU

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
If you care about your children and want to raise discerning adults with taste don't let them see this, in fact don't let them see ANYTHING currently available from lucas cause all the special edition versions just fracked everything up.

FYI,

Sixers Fan and "taste" are mutually exclusive.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: August 14, 2008, 03:47:22 PM »
Really WOW?  How many have you tasted?

Speaking of Lucas I'm hitting the cheap theater to see Indiana Jones tonight.  The reviews haven't been great but for $3 I can hardly go wrong.

The new Star Wars looks horrific.  Just horrific.

For the other wine fans on the board there is an interesting looking movie opening this weekend.  "Bottle Shock" is about the Judgment of Paris tasting that elevated Napa to the top tier of wine makers.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 14, 2008, 04:01:06 PM »
Really WOW?  How many have you tasted?

Uhmmmm.......
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2008, 04:15:15 PM »

FYI,

Much like native californian and functioning brain pan?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »

FYI,

Much like native californian and functioning brain pan?

brain pan?  I see the problem now, fans of certain teams are using their brainpan (one word) for their thought processing.  FYI, the "bone" portion of your head is NOT the thinking part.

"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »
I just like the term brain pan

jemagee

« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2008, 08:37:57 PM »
Someone mentioned Wonder Woman who was supposed to be in the JLA movie...which in an article about the upcoming green lantern film (watch warners and DC screw ths one up too....greg berlanti?  Greg freaking berlanti?  The creator of everwood and brothers and sisters?  Yeah, that's good)...mentions that JLA may be dead officially and completely and TDK may be to blame.

The site claims that some execs at Warners are eyeing George Miller to take over the reins of Green Lantern. Miller had long been attached to direct the studio's Justice League of America movie, but IESB claims that project is not going to move forward despite recent rumors to the contrary. The reason, they claim, is the astounding success of The Dark Knight and the studio's apprehension in possibly alienating director Christopher Nolan or Batman star Christian Bale from doing a third Batman movie by including the Caped Crusader in JLA.

jemagee

« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
Iron Man just really doesn't like bat man

"I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so f--king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? F-ck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2008, 03:26:49 PM »
I watched tropic thunder last night.  I thought it was hilarious.  RDJr was great.  and Tom Cruise of all people cracked me up with his role.  very funny movie.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2008, 02:03:47 PM »
For the other wine fans on the board there is an interesting looking movie opening this weekend.  "Bottle Shock" is about the Judgment of Paris tasting that elevated Napa to the top tier of wine makers.
How was it?