Author Topic: OT - PS3 now has movie rental and buy service...  (Read 4641 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: OT - PS3 now has movie rental and buy service...
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 06:19:44 PM »
Bungie was suppossed to announce a new Halo game but their publisher barred them from doing so.

Bungie doesn't make Halo games any more...if i recall correctly, that was part of the deal with leaving microsoft.

That "mistake" is the reason why Sony controls the new medium for movies.  So it looks like the only real idiots are Microsoft and the father of the Sony Playstation at this point.

the 'new medium' for movies that really isn't catching on cause it's still GROSSLY too expensive on a per movie basis?  Upsampling DVDs players do the job for 1/2-1/3 the price well enough for most people, and the cost of a DVD is much better than the cost of a blu-ray disc...blu-ray is years from dominating the market and most likely won't until the current generation of machines is over, so microsoft integrates blu-ray into their next machine (the 720?) if they want, and doesn't have such a giant price point.

Sony has mishandled this generation of games in so many different ways it's kind of sad...i own an xbox 360 and player very rarely, but from what i've read, uber long cut scenes and melodrama are what MSG4 is all about, and then something about watching the credits ruining the entire game :)

Can I just say that I'd really like casual gaming to end...and soon

Bungie and Microsoft can still work on Halo together, microsoft just does not OWN bungie any longer.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 06:20:54 PM »
Oh I understand that but I thought they came to some agreement on who got what for halo...maybe i was wrong...it's weird cause in the bungie announcement they say 'publisher' - but if it's halo wouldn't it be microsoft?

There's been a rumor that Bungie would attempt to resurrect its 'original' game which was well receive,d i think for the mac, but i can't remember the name

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 06:30:57 PM »
It slipped out the last couple of days that Bungie was about to announce a new game called "Halo: Blue" it was suppossed to be announced today at E3, bungie.net had the home page look like they were going to unveil something.  then last night a letter from the president of Bungie popped up statingn that the publisher banned them from any announcement on the project - more than likely that publisher is Microsoft.  the reason being is because another Halo game would draw sales away from Gears of War 2.  weak.

I own all three consoles - kids love the wii. xbox and ps3 are my toys, I am really liking the online movie thing and I can't wait for home to launch.  I will have to track WK down when it does.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 06:40:17 PM »
It slipped out the last couple of days that Bungie was about to announce a new game called "Halo: Blue" it was suppossed to be announced today at E3, bungie.net had the home page look like they were going to unveil something.  then last night a letter from the president of Bungie popped up statingn that the publisher banned them from any announcement on the project - more than likely that publisher is Microsoft.  the reason being is because another Halo game would draw sales away from Gears of War 2.  weak.

I own all three consoles - kids love the wii. xbox and ps3 are my toys, I am really liking the online movie thing and I can't wait for home to launch.  I will have to track WK down when it does.

I have the Wii and XBox 360.  The XBox is my oldest sons and the Wii is for the younger, they were B-Day presents so now my youngest daughter wants a PS3.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 06:46:52 PM »

I have the Wii and XBox 360.  The XBox is my oldest sons and the Wii is for the younger, they were B-Day presents so now my youngest daughter wants a PS3.

sony says they will be selling an 80 GB PS3 for 399.00 now..good storage space for that cost IMO.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 08:01:28 PM »

Have you added me on PSN yet?  My screen name is djkoast on there.  PS3 is currently packed up though as I am getting ready to move but I will be back soon.  Armed with new games!

Seriously...not to sound like a 20 year old frat boy here (which we all know I haven't even got out of jr high yet!!) but the Wii is the ultimate drinking game console.  There was this really odd game called Warioware my friend had where you have to do different movements with a controller to solve mini game puzzles.  He turned it into one of the best drinking games ever.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 08:30:17 PM »
He turned it into one of the best drinking games ever.

Wow, you are playing drinking games..........that is like totally cool!  Pinche pendejo, you probably can't even buy a beer without pimping it if you are still playing drinking games.

Ahhhhh to be young and stupid...err...innocent....I can remember a few drinking games now that I think about it, my invite to my 20 year HS re-union got the wheels turning.

Best game I can remember to get drunk fast, "chandeliers".  Works better with bigger groups, otherwise you stick with "quarters".  The game is like quarters.  Everyone has a regular size glass of bear, about 12 oz. in front of them and there is a larger beer, 16 to 24 oz, in the middle.  Everyone takes turns trying to bounce a quarter into another persons glass of beer.  If you miss the quarter passes to the next guy.  If you flip the quarter into someone's glass of beer everyone has to chug the beer in front of them, last one to finish has to chug the big glass of beer in the middle.  Typically the guy who has a quarter in his glass of beer is the last to finish since he/she doesn't want to swallow the quarter.  It does not take very long to get wasted in that game.  I think that was the most fun I've had playing a drinking game.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 08:35:40 PM »

Have you added me on PSN yet?  My screen name is djkoast on there.  PS3 is currently packed up though as I am getting ready to move but I will be back soon.  Armed with new games!

Seriously...not to sound like a 20 year old frat boy here (which we all know I haven't even got out of jr high yet!!) but the Wii is the ultimate drinking game console.  There was this really odd game called Warioware my friend had where you have to do different movements with a controller to solve mini game puzzles.  He turned it into one of the best drinking games ever.

the most fun insane games on wii for me is rayman: raving rabbids 1 and 2...they are hilarious!

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »

Wow, you are playing drinking games..........that is like totally cool!  Pinche pendejo, you probably can't even buy a beer without pimping it if you are still playing drinking games.

Ahhhhh to be young and stupid...err...innocent....I can remember a few drinking games now that I think about it, my invite to my 20 year HS re-union got the wheels turning.

Best game I can remember to get drunk fast, "chandeliers".  Works better with bigger groups, otherwise you stick with "quarters".  The game is like quarters.  Everyone has a regular size glass of bear, about 12 oz. in front of them and there is a larger beer, 16 to 24 oz, in the middle.  Everyone takes turns trying to bounce a quarter into another persons glass of beer.  If you miss the quarter passes to the next guy.  If you flip the quarter into someone's glass of beer everyone has to chug the beer in front of them, last one to finish has to chug the big glass of beer in the middle.  Typically the guy who has a quarter in his glass of beer is the last to finish since he/she doesn't want to swallow the quarter.  It does not take very long to get wasted in that game.  I think that was the most fun I've had playing a drinking game.

wow, that beats my game:  buy a case, and drink until you need to get another case...you don't really win or lose, you just drink beers until you get drunk...guess I never put much thought into an actual strategy for the game... ::) ::) ::)

yeah I played the same game you played WOW...  have not played any real drinking games in ages though...

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »

wow, that beats my game:  buy a case, and drink until you need to get another case...you don't really win or lose, you just drink beers until you get drunk...guess I never put much thought into an actual strategy for the game... ::) ::) ::)

yeah I played the same game you played WOW...  have not played any real drinking games in ages though...

As soon as I was legally able to buy alcohol, I quit playing drinking games.  Funny how that works huh?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2008, 03:10:16 PM »

As soon as I was legally able to buy alcohol, I quit playing drinking games.  Funny how that works huh?

I never played drinking games until after I was old enough to drink...now that is funny how that works.  We use to just drink 40oz while skating behind places.  I didn't even play my first game of 'flip cup' until last year when I was in North Carolina visiting my GF on a project.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 03:13:26 PM »
WK, sent you a buddy rqst thru PS3 network.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 05:46:17 PM »
WK, sent you a buddy rqst thru PS3 network.

Mas puto!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2008, 05:49:42 PM »
I never played drinking games until after I was old enough to drink...now that is funny how that works.  We use to just drink 40oz while skating behind places.  I didn't even play my first game of 'flip cup' until last year when I was in North Carolina visiting my GF on a project.

When you're young drinking is about getting drunk, I think that's where drinking games come from.  I remember 40 ozers, Old English, St Ides and Mickey's...BARF!  Back in the day they were only 2 bucks so that's why we bought them, heck back in the day you had to make 5 to 10 bucks last a whole Friday night. I miss the good old days...  :'(
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2008, 06:20:59 PM »

When you're young drinking is about getting drunk, I think that's where drinking games come from.  I remember 40 ozers, Old English, St Ides and Mickey's...BARF!  Back in the day they were only 2 bucks so that's why we bought them, heck back in the day you had to make 5 to 10 bucks last a whole Friday night. I miss the good old days...  :'(

I do miss the good ole days too...until I remember junk like taking shots of everclear...bleh!

we used to get into this one bar when we were 18 and hang out towards the back of the bar, they didn't card at the door, and the waitress would not ID, so we would stay there all night and drink, listen to Steve Jordan play his music.  those were good times.