Author Topic: Iguodala's PPG w/ Brand  (Read 9413 times)

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Iguodala's PPG w/ Brand
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 03:20:51 PM »
I think sam is a fairly good shooter.  He has a good fg% and solid efg%.  He leaves alot of things to be desired elsewhere though.

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 03:35:16 PM »
Yeah, as long as he stays closer than 2-5 feet to the basket and stops taking those damn 15 footers (and dbodner has the numbers)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 04:21:58 PM »
Unfortunately, Sam is a very bad shooter.  His eFG% on jumpers was 35% last year.  That is poor by any measure.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHI15A.HTM

The year before Sam was not so bad (43% on jumpers.)  Maybe with less shots he can do better.
http://www.82games.com/0607/06PHI18A.HTM

For comparison, Brand's last 2 full seasons (2005-6, 2006-7) he hit 47%+ of his jumpers.  That is a good shooter.  Before 2005 he was only a mediocre jump shooter, but he added it to his game.  Brand shoots jumpers at about the same clip as Garnet and much better than Duncan.

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 04:59:00 PM »
Jesus, your right.  I was looking at "close" when I was thinking of Efg for jumpers.  That is poo poo.  I wouldn't mind the 43% if he takes much less jumpers.  How is shooting jumpshots when you shouldn't the only damn thing you learn from Chris Webber?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 05:05:48 PM »
Sam played well last year when he wasn't pouting (odd he cried during their winning streak) and when he played within himself.

I expect to see the best of Sam next year.  He can average 13ppg on dunks alone now that Brand will be doubled.

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 09:11:51 PM »
I agree I think no one will benefit more.  The guy has never had anyone worth a damn at pf.

jemagee

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2008, 08:41:38 AM »
Oh, so now the excuses for Sam arre the PF he was playing next to?  Those are new

Offline sixersftw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 01:19:24 PM »
i got no excuse for the guy.  I've stated in this thread that he has problems.  Also, a good pf isn't going to give him a brain transplant..  But I think that a legitimate pf, would help the guy out defensively.  His looks at the basket should come easier as well.  Especially, since we won't be playing 4 on 5 w/ Evans, often.

jemagee

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2008, 01:22:32 PM »
Unless Elton Brand is going to pull a marc jackson every game, I don't see how he's going to help sam with positioning, counting to three and how not to foul as much...

Offline southjersey

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2008, 03:31:49 PM »
I think Iguodala will average 17-18 a game. I also think his assists will go up and his rebounds will drop. AI likes to pass the ball and Brand, along with young and Dalembert, should get alot of touches

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2008, 03:41:44 PM »
Unless Elton Brand is going to pull a marc jackson every game, I don't see how he's going to help sam with positioning, counting to three and how not to foul as much...

Elton: Sam, you are standing in my spot on the low block.  I would like to post up my defender now.  Please move you skinny Hatianadian butt over to the opposite side to clean up the garbage in case I miss the shot.  Perhaps if I am double teamed and you are wide open I will pass you the ball for a dunk, perhaps.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 03:53:53 PM by Skates »

jemagee

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »
Well Brand did go to Duke...

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2008, 09:32:50 AM »
I think that Iggy will be putting in closer to 24 points per, an increase over last season. 

The Sixers will still be primarily a fast-break team, since that generates easy baskets and high efficiency.  But now,they will have the ability to function in a half-court set with Brand.

That suggests that Iggy will still be getting a lot of points on the break, as he is the team's best finisher. And, he should be the second scorer in the half-court to Brand. Young will get a few more touches at the 3 spot, but there will be plenty of shots for the Sixers.

There is no reason to assume the team will score at the level they did last year.  They shot a lousy percentage- reflective of their inability to generate offense in the half-court. Instead of shooting .450 or so, I would expect them to shoot in the .490 range or possibly better!  Brand will make that much of a difference.

Consider how many shots the Sixers gave up passing into Sam or Reggie.  That will not happen this year!  Offensive efficiency should go way up, and along with that Iggy's scoring average. We should also become a stronger rebounding team with Brand, meaning more second-shots for us and fewer for the other guys.

The X-factor is outside shooting.  Will Iggy be able to assume that roll as well, now that he is playing the shooting guard position?  Can Thad Young be a consistent shooter from outside?  In order to get the most out of Brand the Sixers need someone or a couple of someone's to hit 3's.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »
I think that Iggy will be putting in closer to 24 points per, an increase over last season. 

That would be great... but don't see it happening.  i see similar scoring off of less shots.  better FG% and more FT's.

This is from RealGM- what I expect players numbers to roughly be with the addition of Brand:

Miller 17/4/7>>>>>>>>>>>>>13.5/3.5/8.5
lower FG%(more jumpers less post up), Assts would be more with better shooters

Iguodala 20/5.4/4.8>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>18.5/4.5/6.5
A Roy like role. Better FG% and more FT's/efficient scoring. Still will score a lot because Thad still a year away from being the #2 scorer

Young 8/4/1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13/6/2.5
much less FG% and slightly less reb due to position. in 2-3 years the FG% will be back up and ghe will be the #2 score at 18+ ppg. This will be a transitional year- hopefully better at the end than the beginning. Will have some 25+ pt nights when he is on.

Sam 10.5/10.4 2.3 blks >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 12/9/ 2.6 blks
He could shoot over 60% and still score 10 ppg if he stays around the hoop. Brand should open up easy scoring and shotblocking opportunities, but cut into rebounds

Lou 11.5/2/3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 13/2.5/3.5
Not a huge jump, but more threes and more efficient play. Won't need to create as much for himself. Will often be at SG, otherwise could rack up the assists with Brand and Speights finishing off his drives.

WG 12.5/2.5/2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5/1/1
I just don't see where he gets the minutes. A good option of the bench- and may be used heavily against certain match-ups (smaller SG's like DWade.) Traded if poss

Evans 5/7.5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3/4
See WG. If Speights and Smith step up Evans may get a bunch of DNP's in the 2nd half of the season. will have his moments when a nutcracker is needed.

Brand ('06-07) 20.5/9.3/3 2.2 blks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 18/9.5/3.8 1.8 blocks
Should be a perfect fit. Won't have t score 20+ ppg like he had to on the Clipps, but the offennse will be run through Brand. Lots of assists and "hockey" 2 pass assists

jemagee

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2008, 12:49:06 PM »
24 PPG for Iguodala?  Wouldn't that make him in the upper ecehlon of scorers?

Brands a 20/10 career guy, so PF production is going to go up, if you also expect Iguodala to go up 4 PPG you'd be expected like a 10 PPG increase from the sixers, or who is giving up points?

I expect Thads PPG to go up as well