Author Topic: Super Scola to bolt Rockets for Euroball?  (Read 2757 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Super Scola to bolt Rockets for Euroball?
« on: July 11, 2008, 06:57:53 PM »

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Super Scola to bolt Rockets for Euroball?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 07:14:12 PM »
Don't laugh, with Bush Oil Co. and associates sucking the dollar down as absolutely far as they can before he cuts n runs, Euro team said to be offering to buyout Houston.
Good chance to brush up and your Engese also (Chinese-English article :D  )
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://sports.tom.com/2008-07-10/0424/84310045.html&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25E6%25AC%25A7%25E6%25B4%25B2%25E5%258A%25B2%25E6%2597%2585%25E5%25A4%25A9%25E4%25BB%25B7%25E8%25BF%25BD%25E9%2580%2590%25E6%2596%25AF%25E7%25A7%2591%25E6%258B%2589%2B%25E7%2581%25AB%25E7%25AE%25AD%25E5%2581

Reality, how did you find this article?  If you tell me you found it just surfing you are seriously demented.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
And I'm still in the process of verifying it's reliability.
By that I mean the Greeks have been known to float crap to make their league sound like the NBAs equal.  Don't blame the Chinese for running with it if it turns out false.  I mean look how much b.s. comes out of ESPN and the US sports media.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 07:34:14 PM »
And I'm still in the process of verifying it's reliability.
By that I mean the Greeks have been known to float crap to make their league sound like the NBAs equal.  Don't blame the Chinese for running with it if it turns out false.  I mean look how much b.s. comes out of ESPN and the US sports media.

I am not talking about the veracity of the report, just that you found some Googlized English translation of some Chinese news article.  That is as the say "demented", and you have way to much free time on your hands.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2008, 07:41:40 PM »
There's so much to blame the chinese for...it's interesting that it's a chinese article from the greeks about the team that yao "We own your behind" Ming plays for - and thanks to his indentured servitude to said chinese government never stays healthy

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 09:08:22 PM »
Reality you are like a computer arm chair scout...how did you find this?

I don't remember Scola signing a one year deal.  I know rookies who are drafted usually get a 3 year deal right?  Can you sign a rookie for one year?  Ziggy?
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
Hence the need for the euro team to buy scola out from houston

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 10:07:03 PM »
Reality you are like a computer arm chair scout...how did you find this?

I don't remember Scola signing a one year deal.  I know rookies who are drafted usually get a 3 year deal right?  Can you sign a rookie for one year?  Ziggy?

Scola was a second round pick, no restrictions on contract amount or length.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »
This is a very useful web site, but for some reason she doesn't have the contracts for scola and jackson - maybe that new fangled morley kid won't let em in?

http://www.eskimo.com/~pbender/contracts

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 01:33:33 AM »
Reality, how did you find this article?  If you tell me you found it just surfing you are seriously demented.
Us RealSpurs have to keep up with all things Spurs, past and present.  If it means talking to my Chinese  sources, i do it. ;)
I'm working on getting Popavich run, actually demoted to defensive coach.  And if this front office doesn't shape up they'll be next.  They've been riding the Manu/Tony draft picks for years now.  Haven't done squat since and when they did pull off a good one (Barry and Kurt Thomas), Cementhead ends up benching them both in the playoffs.

Offline The Sixer Fixer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 06:31:14 AM »
I find this to be the best site for contract information.

http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/resources/07-08salaries.htm

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2008, 12:32:31 PM »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2008, 01:00:54 PM »
Excellent link yes, thanks...once i found the first one i linked earlier i never looked for others...explains the need to 'buy out' scola...i don't see it happening, but it could be intersting if it does...will teams start negotiating buy out numbers into contracts?

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 01:43:41 PM »
storytellers is the best IMO.  Most often updated, most often correct, and easiest to navigate.

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2008, 10:52:44 PM »
storytellers is the best IMO.  Most often updated, most often correct, and easiest to navigate.
and done by a blazer fan to boot...

AA Mil