15 (68.2%)
Philaphan
3 (13.6%)
Sixers.com
0 (0%)
Other
4 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Roll call (and Pixar nonsense)  (Read 23967 times)

Offline Skates

• View Profile
Re: Roll call (and Pixar nonsense)
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
Someone please tell me what it is about Finding Nemo, cause I just hate it, i find it dull and sleep inducing and ellen degeneres fish make me want to vomit...sure 'fish are friends not food" and the irritating 'mine' birds are cute, and trust me, I'm a HUGE fan of the 'father / son' bonding type of thing that finding nemo talks about, but I just don't get it, seriously, i struggled to sit through it.

The "Degeneres fish" is what made the movie for me, loved the fish in the dentist tank as well.  Mount Wanahockalugee!!!!!!  I actually found Nemo cutesie annoying.

Hippie turtles, gotta be the hippie turtles.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2008, 03:38:17 PM »
Someone please tell me what it is about Finding Nemo, cause I just hate it, i find it dull and sleep inducing and ellen degeneres fish make me want to vomit...sure 'fish are friends not food" and the irritating 'mine' birds are cute, and trust me, I'm a HUGE fan of the 'father / son' bonding type of thing that finding nemo talks about, but I just don't get it, seriously, i struggled to sit through it.

The "Degeneres fish" is what made the movie for me, loved the fish in the dentist tank as well.  Mount Wanahockalugee!!!!!!  I actually found Nemo cutesie annoying.

Hippie turtles, gotta be the hippie turtles.

I did not give you permission to quote me!  DAAAAAAAAAABBBBOOOOOODDDDSSSSSSS!  I'm being quoted!!!  He might start critiqueing me any second now.....WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

Anyway.....if you ever get down to Disney World, the interactive turtle in the Finding Nemo show is amazing!!!!  I was amazed at the turtles respones to the kids questions, if those kids and questions were not planted I don't know how they did it.  Three of my kids got to ask the turtle a question and I know they were not planted so I think I will remain amazed.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jemagee

« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2008, 04:27:05 PM »
I suppose microphones in the turtles and some people in the back room answering your questions would ruin the magic for you?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2008, 07:03:38 PM »
I suppose microphones in the turtles and some people in the back room answering your questions would ruin the magic for you?

Not quite as simple as that....

The turtles were CGI, it was like watching a movie that responded to the kids questions.  Bunch of kids got to ask questions then this one kid asked how long turtles could hold their breath and the turtle had an "oh snap" look on his face, he swims up off the screen and then comes back and told the kid "Thanks for reminding me".  I thought that was very creative, plus he answered my kids questions and looked right at them when he was talking.  I'm sure there is a guy on mic some where but the way the turtle responded visually was amazing, like asking him to swim upside down or backwards or spin around, stuff like that the turtle was happy to do.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »
Obvoiusly I don't know the set up but it sounds like microphones somewhere, you can test it out by whispering close :)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2008, 08:33:45 PM »
Obvoiusly I don't know the set up but it sounds like microphones somewhere, you can test it out by whispering close :)

Like I said, the audio is obvious but the visual was what was amazing.  I'd like to see the setup on one of those "How It's Done" type of shows.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

jemagee

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2008, 08:35:47 PM »

i don't know, that sounds awfully dorky to me, to want to know how it works, might need to get you one of those temp=bans?
Like I said, the audio is obvious but the visual was what was amazing.  I'd like to see the setup on one of those "How It's Done" type of shows.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2008, 09:33:12 PM »

i don't know, that sounds awfully dorky to me, to want to know how it works, might need to get you one of those temp=bans?

Dabods, can you setup a FAQ post and sticky it to the top of the board so people can learn to use the uber-difficult-quantum-leap-of-technology "quote" feature?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2008, 09:45:04 PM »

Dabods, can you setup a FAQ post and sticky it to the top of the board so people can learn to use the uber-difficult-quantum-leap-of-technology "quote" feature?

Quite exciting this computer magic.

jemagee

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2008, 09:46:44 PM »

Actually, could you talk to the builders of the "SMF" module so that when you hit the quote button the cursor is set at the obvious insert point after the last [/quote] as opposed to where it inserts now...it takes some getting used to as the the phpBB module tends to put the cursor at the right place, i'm not used to having to double check, and sometimes when i'm in a rush and working on other things I do miss it, my apologies sensei

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

Actually, could you talk to the builders of the "SMF" module so that when you hit the quote button the cursor is set at the obvious insert point after the last
as opposed to where it inserts now...it takes some getting used to as the the phpBB module tends to put the cursor at the right place, i'm not used to having to double check, and sometimes when i'm in a rush and working on other things I do miss it, my apologies sensei
[/quote]

What browser are you using?  I'm one of the sheep that is strapped with IE7, I don't have too many problems but the uber-geniuses that fight the tide always have problems with some of the board features in the General Discussion area.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2008, 09:55:16 PM »

Quite exciting this computer magic.

Some guy has an "Old School" sticker on his car with an original Nintendo controller on it, but I remember the Atari Joystick and the magic that was pong as well.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2008, 10:02:54 PM »
But do you get the movie reference? (No cheating)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2008, 06:43:30 PM »
Back to the original roll call thread...  I just emailed a list to TGP and DBodner of realgm posters who signed up here but don't post regularly.  Its a long list.  I was thinking we should try and build up the membership here.  What are your thoughts?

BTW, I IM'd Sundown- he said he would check it out.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2008, 07:51:42 PM »
Back to the original roll call thread...  I just emailed a list to TGP and DBodner of realgm posters who signed up here but don't post regularly.  Its a long list.  I was thinking we should try and build up the membership here.  What are your thoughts?

BTW, I IM'd Sundown- he said he would check it out.

As long as the people we invite then don't invite other people we don't want here.  I've had my fights with Philaphans posters in the past who have since migrated here (namely one, who I will not name), but I've been trying not to fly off the handle again.  We just need to make sure this board doesn't turn into a new RealGM or Philaphans board.