Author Topic: Point Guard options  (Read 20709 times)

Offline southjersey

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Point Guard options
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »
Ed Wade..I can't believe he ever was allowed to be a GM again. I love that he traded us Brad Lidge, pretty typical Ed Wade.

Getting back to Basketball...TGP, that point about Miller playing for LA and leaving for Denver, which isnt really the west coast, is true. Still, the media out here on the east coast is more hectic . Dont forget that he was asked if he would resign with Philly, and his answer wasnt incouraging.

I want to see if Lou Williams can play point guard, and if not this season then when? If we can trade Miller for Marion then they should do it. Even if they sign Josh Smith it's still a good move because Thad probably isnt ready to be a full time starter now, and Marion could play the 3.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »
TGP:

I don't know...but if I am his agent, I check to see if GS (and their $19m of current cap room) wants to talk to JSmoove before I sign anything.

I have seen his name mentioned in a couple of articles about GS and their new-found cap room...but nothing about a Josh Smith sighting in the Bay Area...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »
If GS wants to avoid paying the tax, I assume they have about 29M to pay Biedrins, Ellis, a FA and to fill out there roster with 2 more end of the bench/min guys.

We should look into trading them Miller for Foyle 10M expiring and whatever young talent we can pry free.

jemagee

« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2008, 03:11:14 PM »
TGP - you gotta stop being so literal and think abstractly, it was an example ithat came to the top of my head.

BTW - the sixers aren't exactly streaming with title appearances in their crown so i'll take a bridesmain appearance, the saying is always a bridesmaid, the sixers are hardly ever a birdesmaid any more...they aren't even ring bearers.

Oh yeah, the lakers made the nba finals after obtaining gasol without andrew bynum who kupchak adroitly didn't trade when his superstar was whining and moaning about it.

The lakers, healthy, are probably the odds on favorite to make the finals out of the west next year

jemagee

« Reply #79 on: July 07, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
This guy is playing for indiana in the orlando summer leageu

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/index.jsp?player=earl_calloway

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2008, 06:30:20 PM »
TGP, that point about Miller playing for LA and leaving for Denver, which isnt really the west coast, is true. Still, the media out here on the east coast is more hectic . Dont forget that he was asked if he would resign with Philly, and his answer wasnt incouraging.

That's a fair point. He may not be looking to go back to Cali as much as he is looking to go someplace where the fans and media are a lot softer. Then again, has Miller really received any sort of harsh treatment from the media here?

His interview with Jody Mac on 950 in March was the smoking gun as far as I'm concerned. Jody asked him if he wanted to re-sign and his answer was something along the lines of "Well, I'm a West Coast guy and Philly is alright". I'm telling you, the fact that Stefanski has said he has all of TWO conversations with Andre Miller the entire time he's been the GM is concerning. Hope Ed and Miller's agent can talk in a couple of weeks so that Ed can make the appropriate plans in case Miller does need to be moved during the season.

TGP:

I don't know...but if I am his agent, I check to see if GS (and their $19m of current cap room) wants to talk to JSmoove before I sign anything.
That's makes complete sense but wouldn't this have been set up or talked about by now? I think someone mentioned a Bay Area paper today that said the Warriors are not that interested in Smith and that makes little sense to me.

TGP - you gotta stop being so literal and think abstractly, it was an example ithat came to the top of my head.

BTW - the sixers aren't exactly streaming with title appearances in their crown so i'll take a bridesmain appearance, the saying is always a bridesmaid, the sixers are hardly ever a birdesmaid any more...they aren't even ring bearers.

When you go to cut the heart... you cut deep. :-)

jemagee

« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2008, 06:46:41 PM »
Saves time, and confusion :)

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2008, 07:58:41 PM »
TGP:

Hope you are right about Stefanski and Miller's agent having a discussion about whether there is NO SHOT in Miller staying after this year...Miller seems like a decent guy - hopefully he would care enough about his teammates and the Sixers (a team, BTW, that has given him the chance to show the league that he can still play PG at a high level...which may turn into a nice contract next summer) to let them know where he stands.

If he did that, Ed could work on getting him a good landing spot - either a "West Coast" or playoff team - as opposed to dumping his sorry azz in Milwaukee for a season....because, I gotta tell you...forget Jody Mac...if Stefanski asks that question, and Miller (or his agent) gives him some wishy-washy sh*t, then it's salary dump time - starting yesterday.

Offline sec106

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2008, 07:59:40 PM »
Wish we had seen this lineup more last year:

LW
AI2
Thad
Smith
Sam

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2008, 10:06:46 PM »
Wish we had seen this lineup more last year:

LW
AI2
Thad
Smith
Sam

I don't love that lineup but I suspect why you wanted to see it and I agree. Right now, we really don't know if most of those guys can handle substantial minutes at their positions. I believe they can do it... but it would have been nice to see it a little more. Either way, this is such a young team with a LOT of growing pains to go. I'm sure we'll be fine.