Author Topic: Point Guard options  (Read 20701 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Point Guard options
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 01:50:09 PM »
Zip, Zero...

If we add a vet star 9Brandm marion, Sheed) and we make a nice run next season, I coud see him re-upping for a short extension.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »
Getting back on topic, if we keep Miller... can anyone see us doing anything other than re-signing Kevin Ollie? I can't. I don't think Ed wants to bring in another young PG to compete against LouWill and that's a shame.

This is the one area where Stefanski befuddles me.  Ed says he sees Williams as more of a SG, he knows Miller is near the end of his contract and not exactly on the young side, yet no attempt is made to bring in a young PG (although they supposedly had some interest in Chalmers in round 2).  This leads me to believe that he still hopes to re-sign Miller next year and feels that bringing in a young PG project will grease the skids even more on Miller's likely exit next year.

jemagee

« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
Oh i'm just shocked at what dbodner had to say, SHOCKED i tell ya...he's so predicatble

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
This is the one area where Stefanski befuddles me.  Ed says he sees Williams as more of a SG, he knows Miller is near the end of his contract and not exactly on the young side, yet no attempt is made to bring in a young PG (although they supposedly had some interest in Chalmers in round 2).  This leads me to believe that he still hopes to re-sign Miller next year and feels that bringing in a young PG project will grease the skids even more on Miller's likely exit next year.
QFT.

I actually think figuring out who is going to the future at PG is more important than finding a 4.  Unless Ed is confident of LW's PG skills (which his quote seems in direct opposition to), we have no PGs on this team.  So, unless his quote was said to misdirect the public or other teams...

jemagee

« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 02:06:09 PM »
I gotta think for the 1% of information that the media has, 99% of it doesn't get it, just because we as fans haven't heard any leaks or info regarding the sixers and the PG issue doesn't mean they haven't tried anything, it's not the yankees or the knicks they don't leak like the titanic...and PF to me is a more pressing issue, and until you figure out that one you can't pursue the other one because you have al imited pool of assets to work with

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 02:14:29 PM »
Jem's right....also if perception is that the PF pool is deeper than the PG pool now may just not be the best time to address it

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 02:17:53 PM »
Jem's right....also if perception is that the PF pool is deeper than the PG pool now may just not be the best time to address it

Brown-noser! :-)

Right now... we're basing all of our opinions on fiction rather than fact. That said, it's discouraging not to hear anything about us shopping Miller or shopping for a PG.

jemagee

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:12 PM »
I personally like the 'quiet gm' who doesn't let a lot of things leak until after they are done

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2008, 02:19:35 PM »
It's always calmest just before the storm...

That's right! I BUSTED THAT OUT!

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2008, 02:21:56 PM »
I personally like the 'quiet gm' who doesn't let a lot of things leak until after they are done

I like that GM as well but Ed hasn't shown himself to be that guy just yet. As much as I like that GM, I hate the "quiet GM" that is just quiet because he isn't doing a damn thing. I believe Ed Wade was a quiet GM.. well up until he started screaming at Shawn Chacon in the Astro's lunchroom.

jemagee

« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2008, 02:24:01 PM »
1.  No one saw Kyle Korver deal coming...it was out of the blue, quiet, and unexpected
2.  Ed Wade is the anti christ - the billy wagner deal alone means he should burn in hell for all eternity
3.  You assume the GM isn't doing anything cause he's quiet...Mitch Kupchak wasn't doing anything, and then he got Pau gasol

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2008, 02:24:07 PM »
Ed Wade is a puppet....LITERALLY...I mean....have you ever seen him photographed from the waist down?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
3.  You assume the GM isn't doing anything cause he's quiet...Mitch Kupchak wasn't doing anything, and then he got Pau gasol

1. The Lakers didn't win the title and I have no interest in being a Bride's Maid.... again!
2. I have my doubts about whether that was Kupchak as much as it was Jerry West behind the scenes and Chris Wallace being an idiot
3. If it was Kupchak, then we're going to have wait 3 years for our Quiet GM to make a good trade since the Shaq trade wasn't all that great and I don't believe the Caron Butler for Kwame Brown deal worked out all that well. Then again, Brown's expiring deal helped get Gasol.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #73 on: July 07, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »
I think everything starts Wednesday, with the offer sheet to Smith...and whose offer sheet he signs.

I would guess that the Clippers have put a Tuesday deadline on hearing back from Brand...because if that is still out there unresolved, it is hard to imagine them also signing Smith to an offer sheet (knowing that they may also have to match big offer sheets for Ellis and Biedrins).

Once we know the deal with Smith, I think Stefanski gets a lot busier on the trade front.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »
Has anyone heard if Smith is visiting GSW? Hopefully we get some details on the offer tomorrow night after the salary cap is revealed.