Poll

Will Chris Paul win a title with Hornets?

yes
2 (33.3%)
no
4 (66.7%)
The Collusionists with Gasol-Bynum-Malonelike Kobe are set for 5 years
0 (0%)
Celtics will 4 peat
0 (0%)
Spurs will replace Pop and 4 peat
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Poll: Will Chris Paul win a title with Hornets?  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll: Will Chris Paul win a title with Hornets?
« on: July 02, 2008, 01:09:35 PM »
good question on espn.

Speaking of contract deals, the Hornets are locking up Chris Paul for about 5 years or so.
A no brainer, but does this get them the title?

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Poll: Will Chris Paul win a title with Hornets?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »
I say no because I really don't trust Byron Scott or New Orleans ownership to make the right moves to get them over the top. Will they make the Finals??? I'll say yes to that.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
I also said no.  Chris Paul, Chandler and David West form a great nucleous for potentially the next 5 years but i agree the front office and Byron Scott just won't quite get them over the top.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:47:16 PM »
I think you are both wrong.  If anything holds them back its the other teams in the west.  Their core is not more talented then Utahs, LAs,and  SAs IMO.  Houston needs one half way decent piece and I'd give them the nod as having a better core.

Tyson Chandler is solid on the glass but he looks much much better then he really is thanks to CP3.  People forget he is very limited offensively on his own.

Scott would have at least one title as a coach under his belt if not for the same reason I'm saying above...he flat out hit much better teams in the finals (LA and SA). Its not like his coaching lost the finals for them.  They were outmatched.  Same applies here.  In fact I'd actually say the Nets core of Jefferson, a healthy Kenyon Martin, and JK in his prime was better then this Hornets core.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 08:48:55 AM »
I think you are both wrong.  If anything holds them back its the other teams in the west.  Their core is not more talented then Utahs, LAs,and  SAs IMO.  Houston needs one half way decent piece and I'd give them the nod as having a better core.

Tyson Chandler is solid on the glass but he looks much much better then he really is thanks to CP3.  People forget he is very limited offensively on his own.

Scott would have at least one title as a coach under his belt if not for the same reason I'm saying above...he flat out hit much better teams in the finals (LA and SA). Its not like his coaching lost the finals for them.  They were outmatched.  Same applies here.  In fact I'd actually say the Nets core of Jefferson, a healthy Kenyon Martin, and JK in his prime was better then this Hornets core.

Except for the last sentence I basically agree with koast.

NO has as good a chance of winning a title in the next 5 years as any of the other half dozen contenders in the west.  They just won the toughest division last year and took the defending champs (at the time) to 7 games in the second round.  And most people will tell you that Scott was one big reason that the Hornets played with such poise in the post season.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »

NO has as good a chance of winning a title in the next 5 years as any of the other half dozen contenders in the west.  They just won the toughest division last year and took the defending champs (at the time) to 7 games in the second round.  And most people will tell you that Scott was one big reason that the Hornets played with such poise in the post season.

You like David West and Tyson Chandler over Kenyon Martin (when he was still decent and not injured) and Richard Jefferson?

I'm a Richard Jefferson fan so maybe I am a bit bias.  I also do not think that highly of Tyson Chandler and never really have.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 09:48:46 AM »

You like David West and Tyson Chandler over Kenyon Martin (when he was still decent and not injured) and Richard Jefferson?

I'm a Richard Jefferson fan so maybe I am a bit bias.  I also do not think that highly of Tyson Chandler and never really have.

I guess I have never been a fan of Martin...IMO he owes Kidd for everything he got.  Jefferson is a solid SF and I like his game.  I wouldn't say the Hornets 3 are better but at the same time I wouldn't say the Nets 3 were better.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues