Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250534 times)

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:09 PM »
No, no, no... what I was saying is that in order for him to opt-out of $9MIL a year, he would have to have become a helluva player. I probably phrased that all wrong. I do not think he currently is a helluva player.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
Childress and Gordon have to be looked at and priced as super-subs or role playing starters.  Childress could more easily be a starter at SF on a team with a great shooter at SG and other good scorers, sort of a better all-around Bruce Bowen, similar to Battier perhaps.  Gordon as a starter presents the same problems as Iverson did, only worse.  He does not have Iverson's PG skills, although he is actually a decent passer, and is not as good at team D.  Overall, with Iggy I think Gordon is a better fit as our designated scorer off the bench.  If we lost Iggy, Childress would make more sense.  Neither makes sense as a starter for this team.

Ricky Davis, mmmmm, NO!!!!  

Diaw, nope.  If we need a designated shooter, Barbosa makes more sense in a trade. Diaw is duplicative and sucks since he got his guaranteed contract.

If we decided to go after a back-up swingman to replace WG and Carney, plus add some shooting, Pietrus from GS would be a better target, although I am not sure he is a big improvement on what we already have.

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2008, 01:54:48 PM »
Ducky, I think TGP meant if he opted out on the 4th year, that means he did because he was actually WORTH 9 mil a year (and could get more)... which means we got a good deal.  He's not saying he thinks Diaw IS that good.

I do agree with Ducky, I'd rather do nothing than get Diaw @ 9 per year.  If we're going to do that, then trade for CV, he's much cheaper.  Still would rather do nothing though, if that's our only option.... Young is a better option at the 4 than either of those two (as much as we'd like him at SF).

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2008, 01:56:50 PM »
That makes much more sense now TGP  :P

As far as Es go, there's only 6 in the entire league, and we already have one.  The rest have already either been discussed here (Monta Ellis, Maurice Evans) or aren't worth discussing (but bonus points if anybody can name the other 3 without looking it up).

jemagee

« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2008, 02:04:42 PM »
I gotta think ben gordon is the starting 2 guard if he signs with the sixers, cause no one else currently on the roster comes close...if we get gordon i'm assuming no PF upgrade as well

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2008, 02:11:14 PM »
I'm drawing blanks on the remaining "E"s. As for "F"... Raymond Felton is out there to be had in a trade. I'm not a big fan of his but if do trade Miller, he's got to be a top option to replace him, right?

jemagee

« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2008, 02:14:05 PM »
Hinrich would be my top option for the sixers to replace miller, i'm not a big fan of miller, i'd rather take a risk on a memphis point guard as well.

I think once the FA market settles down a lot of the secondary (trades) will start happening

Offline johnny broad-street

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2008, 02:18:39 PM »
I'd be all over Crittenton. Everything I hear about him from an ACC guy I know is that he's got all the tools. Not sure if he was tight with Young, but if so that's a plus too

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2008, 02:27:55 PM »
Melvin Ely... that's one

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
NICE....I was wondering if we could coax Pervis Ellison onto the team

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »
Melvin Ely... that's one
And I'll raise you a Ike Diogou and throw in a Nenad for good measure,

I got plan E covered.  just a bit shakey from A-C.

jemagee

« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »
Didn't Diogu already get moved?

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 07, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »
Didn't Diogu already get moved?

I think you might be right, but my head hurts too much to remember.  I guess that just takes me to plan F...

I'm too distracted about thinking of the job I just applied for that would have the Wife and I moving from Chicago to Singapore.  (And thank you Slingbox, for allowing me to move and still watch CSN for the Philly games.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 03:16:13 PM by tk76- »

jemagee

« Reply #238 on: July 07, 2008, 03:19:47 PM »
Dude, you can't move to singapore WITH the wife, doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of living in singapore?

I hope the money pays a ton...

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: July 07, 2008, 03:20:27 PM »
That's exciting as hell man...GOOD LUCK!