Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250481 times)

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »
Only on GS- their the Mikey of the NBA- they'll try anthing.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
I am very worried about GS going after Iguodala.  I'd hafta imagine that Stefanski will match any offer.  It would be suicide not to, especially when he's not guaranteed to even get Smith.

jemagee

« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2008, 02:48:12 PM »
Louis WIlliams is a less talened (and less big) Monta Ellis, the warriors aren't going to be interested in him, or iguodala.

My guess is that they now have interest in Pietrus where it was thought they'd have none.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2008, 02:49:40 PM »
So we could now end up with Miller-Maggette-Thad-Krstic-Dalembert.

Somebody shoot me now.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »
I am very worried about GS going after Iguodala.  I'd hafta imagine that Stefanski will match any offer.  It would be suicide not to, especially when he's not guaranteed to even get Smith.

Apparently, Broussard just reported on ESPN that GS had interest in Iguodala.

jemagee

« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2008, 02:51:36 PM »

Somebody shoot me now.
The sixers don't have THAT much cap room

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2008, 02:54:21 PM »

I thought about that too, then we go after Biedrins or Ellis.  It could get ugly or it could become the basis for a S&T deal between the teams.  If we lose Iggy I would also be more interested in Childress.

As far as Lou goes, I am all for offering Lou to Atlanta in a S&T for Josh Smith, they get to replace one Georgia guy with another, throw in a first rounder next year and get it done.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2008, 02:56:40 PM »
Alright, so:
- With the Baron Davis situation, Ellis looks out.  He probably wasn't an option anyway.
- Elton Brand looks out.
- Calderon is already signed.

If they match Josh Smith, I take one of two routes:
- I trade our cap room for Hinrich.  Miller's gone after this year, and I don't believe a good fit with Thad and Iguodala on the wings.  Hinrich's shooting and defense would be a nice fit and fill up our 1-2-3 for the foreseeable future (he is only 27)
- Combine Miller + Evans and/or Green + whatever else is needed (Utah pick, Carney, anything that can happen) for Marion.  We might not be able to dump Evans, but I'd try.  Getting rid of Evans contract would be nice for next offseason.

I do like Hinrich, and with his decreasing contract, he'll be tradable down the line if things don't work out. 

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2008, 02:57:00 PM »

Somebody shoot me now.
The sixers don't have THAT much cap room

If Iggy gets stolen, they'll have around 20 mil.  If that's not enough for Maggette and Krstic, somebody is seriously overpaying.

Offline bebopdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
dabods:

That's my Plan B, baby...

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2008, 03:13:55 PM »
Alright, so:
- With the Baron Davis situation, Ellis looks out.  He probably wasn't an option anyway.
- Elton Brand looks out.
- Calderon is already signed.

If they match Josh Smith, I take one of two routes:
- I trade our cap room for Hinrich.  Miller's gone after this year, and I don't believe a good fit with Thad and Iguodala on the wings.  Hinrich's shooting and defense would be a nice fit and fill up our 1-2-3 for the foreseeable future (he is only 27)
- Combine Miller + Evans and/or Green + whatever else is needed (Utah pick, Carney, anything that can happen) for Marion.  We might not be able to dump Evans, but I'd try.  Getting rid of Evans contract would be nice for next offseason.

I do like Hinrich, and with his decreasing contract, he'll be tradable down the line if things don't work out. 

I'd agree with you, but then Skates would acuse me of "Hero" worsip.

If GS is stupid enough to throw a max contract at Iguodala we are screwed.  At very least the threat of GS will pump up Dala's bargaining position as long as GS has cap space.  This off season is getting tyrickier than I thought it would.  I hope Ed keeps things under control.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2008, 03:15:18 PM »
dabods:

Is it wrong for me to move that up to my Plan A??? I like Hinrich/Iguodala/Young/Marion/Dalembert a LOT more than Miller/Iguodala/Young/Smith/Dalembert.

I also like the idea of having Marion's HUGE expiring contract (great for cap space, even better in case a big name is available at the deadline) and I also like clearing out Evans for PT for Speights.

Offline DuckyNinja

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2008, 03:29:20 PM »
dabods:

Is it wrong for me to move that up to my Plan A??? I like Hinrich/Iguodala/Young/Marion/Dalembert a LOT more than Miller/Iguodala/Young/Smith/Dalembert.

I also like the idea of having Marion's HUGE expiring contract (great for cap space, even better in case a big name is available at the deadline) and I also like clearing out Evans for PT for Speights.

Is it bad that I do too, only I would say even if we can't get Hinrich, I like it just as much with Williams at the 1 considering they're very similar players?  Then again, Marion's probably my favorite non-AI, non-Sixer player in the NBA and has been for years.  Thank you NBA Live 2001.

jemagee

« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2008, 03:37:36 PM »
Louis WIlliams and Kirk Hinrich are very similar players?

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Hinrich is a pass first player who plays solid defense.  Williams doesn't exactly possess those attributes.