Author Topic: Player Movement Thread (Was Free Agency Thread)  (Read 250568 times)

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tracking Free Agency
« Reply #810 on: July 29, 2008, 07:39:13 AM »
The Clippers are looking strikingly familiar to the Nuggets.

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: July 29, 2008, 07:47:52 AM »
Ricky Davis and the Clippers are perfect together. Now the intelligence on the court can match the intelligence off of the court.
+1  ;D

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: July 29, 2008, 08:30:45 AM »
The Clips value Ricky for his "versatility."  Yeah, how many guys can "manufacture" triple doubles the way Ricky does.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: July 29, 2008, 08:38:56 AM »
The two year contract Kristic signed to play in Moscow was a smart move.  NBA teams are still hesitant about the knee injury and he has two years where he will make essentially the MLE when you account for the strength of the Euro vs. the dollar.  If he proves the leg is sound and his mobility and strength are back he will be on the market in two years when lots of teams will have cap space.  It will be interesting to see of the Nets retain his rights or renounce him for cap space.  If they retain his rights, they can sign him to a nice deal after they make a big signing or two in 2010, or use him in a S&T.  I suspect they will watch him for the next two seasons and renounce him if the knee is shot or keep his rights if they clear enough other cap space and he is playing well.  The shorter euro season won't hurt him health-wise either.

Offline Sub

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #814 on: July 29, 2008, 08:44:51 AM »
I'd call being able to change uniforms seven times in a career pretty versatile.

Offline anklebreaker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #815 on: July 29, 2008, 07:47:10 PM »
The Clips value Ricky for his "versatility."  Yeah, how many guys can "manufacture" triple doubles the way Ricky does.

Bob Sura knew how to manufacture a triple double as well. 

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: July 30, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »
Ben Gordon is supposedly looking to be the highest paid player on Chicago.  He might as well just sign the QO now and get it over with, then hope someone overpays next season.

jemagee

« Reply #817 on: July 30, 2008, 08:53:10 AM »
ESPN says Deng and Bulls have a verbal agreement

6 years 71 million

Offline shadowTerp

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: July 30, 2008, 11:00:45 AM »
ESPN says Deng and Bulls have a verbal agreement: 6 years 71 million

Ben Gordon is supposedly looking to be the highest paid player on Chicago.  He might as well just sign the QO now and get it over with, then hope someone overpays next season.

Yup.  No way he's getting as much as Deng just got.

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: July 30, 2008, 11:25:12 AM »
I like Gordon but he's absolutely insane for a number of reasons.

1) Having such high demands only means that the Bulls aren't going to pay him and that he's going to have to take the QO.

2) If he does take the QO and the Bulls keep him and Hinrich, he's going to see a reduction in his minutes and his numbers which will probably make it even harder for him to get the 5 years/$50MIL he was offered last summer.

I just don't see how his agent allowed him to NOT sign that deal last year and now I don't think he'll sniff that kind of money this summer or next when he's a UFA.

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: July 30, 2008, 12:36:10 PM »
I like Gordon but he's absolutely insane for a number of reasons.

1) Having such high demands only means that the Bulls aren't going to pay him and that he's going to have to take the QO.

2) If he does take the QO and the Bulls keep him and Hinrich, he's going to see a reduction in his minutes and his numbers which will probably make it even harder for him to get the 5 years/$50MIL he was offered last summer.

I just don't see how his agent allowed him to NOT sign that deal last year and now I don't think he'll sniff that kind of money this summer or next when he's a UFA.

Maybe his master plan is to take the QO this year and hope that BK and/or Isiah get new GM gigs by next year.  if not, there is always Chris Wallace in Memphis.   :D

Offline TheGuiltyParty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #821 on: July 30, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »
Maybe his master plan is to take the QO this year and hope that BK and/or Isiah get new GM gigs by next year.  if not, there is always Chris Wallace in Memphis.   :D

That must be the plan however, Chris Wallace is apparently handcuffed and can't spend any of that capspace. Unsized, streaky 2-guards don't tend to get paid a lot in this league but Gordon feels as though he shoud be paid like all-around players like Deng and Iguodala.

I don't think the Monte Ellis signing helped Chicago at all.

Offline tk76-

• 2Y1- Sixer's 'Logo'
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: July 30, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »

I don't think the Monte Ellis signing helped Chicago at all.

I really admire Ellis's effeciency, but what kind of number do you think Gordon would put up in Ellis's place on GS?

jemagee

« Reply #823 on: July 30, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
I admire Monta Ellis ability to be second fiddle to Baron Davis

I'm curios to see what he does now that his back court mate isn't baron davis

Offline Skates

• View Profile
« Reply #824 on: July 30, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
I admire Monta Ellis ability to be second fiddle to Baron Davis

I'm curios to see what he does now that his back court mate isn't baron davis

I'm curious to see if Ellis is really going to be tried at PG, or if that is just a lot of talk.